Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:14:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Other Arcade Games
| | |-+  Pot O Gold Printer Error no mater what machine its in
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pot O Gold Printer Error no mater what machine its in  (Read 9446 times)
jdleveridge
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: November 21, 2013, 03:08:00 PM »

ok I know its been ask 1000 times but I cant seem to find the right one..

ok I have a pot o gold forgot the #.. anyway giving printer error no matter what machine I put it in.. what I was wanting to know what chip is the printer or is there something else going on.. I know it cant be  much cause a friend sent his off and they only charged 35 bucks to fix it but shipping was almost 75.. but im a diyer so I would like to fix this myself.. I have replaced all the main chips  I think there was 6 or 8 cant remember that didn't help..  please help this is driving me crazy..
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 03:14:33 PM by jdleveridge » Logged
Slot Docs
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 118

Slot Docs (Buddy) (940) 389-4212 Cell

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 07:37:42 PM »

Printer error on Pot O golds is usually due to lack of a printer and the settings in the menu being set wrong IE being set to printer......If the game dose not have a printer in use then it needs to have a printer cheat installed. the printer cheat runs from the printer port (port #1) to a 5vdc (red) wire usually off of the power supply and fools the game into thinking it has a printer. If cash out was pushed and the game is looking for a printer then the only way to clear it is to reset the ram or install a printer and clear the error through error stats. (clearing) this can be done in the main menu. at the bottom right corner of the main menu screen will be a button that says factory tests or something touch that button and on the next screen you will see a button marked reset all bbdu's i believe is how it is marked. after touching that button you will see a screen with a button marked hard reset push that button and the board will clear and reinitialize. keep in mind that when you clear the game it will reset all the game and bet settings in all games to default and you will have to reset them.

BuddmanTx
jdleveridge

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 09:30:21 PM »

this machine has a printer and will do it in other machines that are working with printers leads me to believe that its something on the board a friend of mine sent his off and got it fix but I like to DIY that way if it happens again I can fix it.. thanks tho I will try to trick it like you said and see if that does it..
jdleveridge

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 09:32:06 PM »

on the printer port what wire do I hook to the 5v's
Slot Docs

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 04:33:00 AM »

Could very well be that the printer port on the board is bad.....this is caused many times from plugging the wrong cable into the printer port such as the display cable or the network cable. I am at home at the moment and dont have a printer cheat available to look at but will call one of my buddies and get the pin out for you

BuddmanTx
jdleveridge

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 03:21:00 AM »

thanks would love to get this working... but it does it on every machine I put it in.. would changing the port on the board you think would help
Slot Docs

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 03:40:01 AM »

A bit more information on your end would be helpful........Do any of the games you put the board into have working Printers ? most Pot O Golds use either Ithica or Citizen Printers. Do you have any pics they would also help............if any of the other games you put the board into have a working printer with the board that belongs to that machine it will be easier for us to diagnose.
If one dose have a printer that works then you need to check what kind of printer the board is set up for in the main menu......once you verify that then stick the board your having problems with into that game and make sure to set the printer up (on the bad board) the same as the good one then go into error stats and see if the error will clear. If not then there is about an 80% chance that the printer port on the board is bad. The small chips behind the ports control the ports and these are what usually fails for printer errors etc. I don't have any info on what the chips are or which one controls which port or ports. Also it would be nice to know if you are trying to make it work with a printer or not.

Slot Docs
jdleveridge

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 02:13:52 AM »

yes I have put it in a diff machine with the same working printer and it still give the error that was my first trouble shoot putting a differ board in this machine works so it has to be the board.. was hoping to find out what chip controlled the printer so I could try swapping it out and see if that fixed it but I cant find any info anywhere about that.. or could the port itself be bad I could always put a new one on if it that could be done.. this machine was working when it got here but we put it in the back cause we was going to use it as a back up or addon at a later date but when we needed it this happen..
thanks for the help..
Slot Docs

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 03:14:55 AM »

There are 4 or 5 small rectangular ics right behind the ports those are the ones that fail I can call one of my buddies on Monday to see if he can tell me which one it is and the number for it
jdleveridge

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 03:28:20 AM »

thanks.. that would be great..
jdleveridge

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 01:45:33 AM »

did you get a chance to ask what chips it was.. or bet yet does anyone know where I can order the chips or any part like that for the pot of golds
Slot Docs

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 03:55:11 AM »

I have not been able to get a hold of the guy he is out of town for the holiday he should be back on monday.
jdleveridge

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2013, 03:09:50 PM »

thanks.. also ask if he knows where I can get parts to fix it..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.