Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 04:19:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Other Arcade Games
| | |-+  Pot O Gold Touchscreen Problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pot O Gold Touchscreen Problem  (Read 5891 times)
Jam Ck
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: December 04, 2013, 01:16:14 AM »

Hi kind folks!
Thanks for all the help provided in this website!
I did a little research to find an answer for my question so I would not bother you guys, but I could not find a solution.
I would appreciate if someone could help me out with the issue i am facing with touchscreen monitor.
Game: Pot o gold
monitor" ELO  ET1939L-8CWA-3-G

The problem is LOSS of touch response.
I tried to directly access calibration through restarting the machine and holding down the keyswitch, but it would take me into the touch menu, but not calibration.
Touch does not respond. I tried to use the switches to manually move around the selections and click on touch reset etc, but it would not work, nothing happens.
A kind gentleman used to come and repair these problems for us by updating the firmware using his laptop, and calibrate it, but the gentleman is no longer available.
So your help would be appreciated.
I know the steps (updating firmware) of doing it using my laptop, but I could not get the firmware file that it requires. I tried to get it from ELO website, but no luck.
I have purchased 4 monitors on Ebay, that have the same problem. THey work fine other than the lack of touch response.

Thank you very much in advance!

Jam Ck

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 01:39:06 AM »

Here is the picture of the machine, just in case.
Thanks.

* pog machine.jpg (2046.57 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 478 times.)
kondy73

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 01:33:38 PM »

It is necessary to determine whether a given piece ET1939 is powered elo touchscreen controller pcb.
This is possible check via removed steel cover on the side of the monitor, which holds two M3 screws.
If the controller board powered, then in the touch controller pcb seen left inside cover  one green led lights and one green led flashing, so the touch controller is powered.
Testing ET1939 touchscreen and picture is possible, if monitor connected to a PC via RS232/USB, powered AC/DC switching adapter 12VDC, 4-5A.
For example, in Windows XP preinstalled original drivers software downloaded from  manufacturer.
If the green leds are dead, then is problem inside monitor, need repair the monitor.
I have repaired these monitors about 40 pieces, so if interested, we can also talk about a repairing.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 01:39:50 PM by kondy73 » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.