Home alarm system help , XL4600Sm

(1/3) > >>

U.S.AutoService:
Need some help with this alarm system.  This was removed 3 years ago from my shop .  I now have it at my home, with a new battery .  I need to know how to remove the PHONE from the system, it is keeping the system from arming.  I have to bypass it each time I set the alarm.  I do not have a land line at home anymore.
Also the user code I use to use is gone, I found the defaught code and can not change it, help is also needed here too.

thanks

Dan

Neonkiss:
That's only the remote keypad.
Not the alarm system. Check and see what alarm panel is installed.
In the meantime here is a manual since you mostlikely have a FBI II alarm with that remote keypad.

U.S.AutoService:
the inside of the control box
also it had a blown fuse, I didn't have a way to fix it yet, so I jumped across the fuse. (bad idea, temp fix till I get tools)
second pic

Dan

BR549 Auto Sales:
I have been an alarm technician for 17 years now so this is what you need to do: If you have the programming manual, go to the keypad and access the panel programming mode. From there just go to the field where the 1-800 receiver telephone number is and delete the #, then you should be good to go. If not, I can send you another control pael and keypad alreadt programmed for you if for some reason you cannot access programming. PM me if you have any questions and I can give you my number and I can help you out.

Neonkiss:
Phone lines not connected. I guess you already know that.
Also all the resistors should be at the end of the line, unless that zone is not used.
When added at the panel it's called a T-tap and the integrity of the wiring is not monitored.
Techs do this when they can't locate the problem with the wiring to get rid of the trouble on the zone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page