Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:35:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  65-3 error code on a Sizzling Sevens
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 65-3 error code on a Sizzling Sevens  (Read 7418 times)
amusement
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: January 20, 2012, 08:29:32 PM »

Hello all,
I dropped off a sizzling 7' at a friend of mine and was showing him how to remove the money from the validator we played it a few times as I was packing up to go he asked what the other key was for I told him its a jackpot reset key.
No sooner he turned the key and the machine went to 65 3. I went home look on the help board here tried the door open turn key get to 65 1 hold in reset button and it just goes back to 65 3.
When I walk up to the machine I opened the door turned on the power the machine goes to 65 3 I put in the rest key (door open) turn one time reads 65 1
Push and hold the little white rest button (door open) the 65 1 will go away for a sec then it comes back on 65 3.
If I hold the white button in it takes about 6 sec and 65 3 comes up.
When I took the board home the first time I did read to pull the cmos chip Did that!
I did read to short the batt for a sec did that.....
Not sure what to do next.
Please help if ya can...
Thanks, Dave
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 08:56:16 PM »

I can't say that I've heard of a 65 loop, but if you have a clear chip available then this might be an okay time to use it.  Do you have a clear chip available?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 09:44:18 PM »

When I walk up to the machine I opened the door turned on the power the machine goes to 65 3 I put in the rest key (door open) turn one time reads 65 1

Have you tried turning the jackpot key when on the 65_3 with the door closed and latched?  I seem to recall running into this once, but don't recall what I did to fix it (but I did not use a clear).

Under the error guide for 65_3,  it says "Turn jackpot reset key to continue power-up procedure." which to me means the door should be closed.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:49:33 PM by poppo » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 11:07:41 PM »

...Under the error guide for 65_3,  it says "Turn jackpot reset key to continue power-up procedure." which to me means the door should be closed.

He will get a 65-2, then he will have to open the door and press the test button for a few seconds and be back in business!

I had that one this morning...lol
amusement

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 12:10:22 PM »

yes I have a clear chip I have never used it..............?#2 I turned the key with the door closed and I get 65-1 I have not seen 65-2 yet.

Thanks for the help..
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 03:09:49 PM »

...Under the error guide for 65_3,  it says "Turn jackpot reset key to continue power-up procedure." which to me means the door should be closed.

He will get a 65-2, then he will have to open the door and press the test button for a few seconds and be back in business!

I had that one this morning...lol

Bunker, I had a bowel movement too this morning....does that count?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 04:13:07 PM by idesign » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 04:41:11 PM »

Yes if it helps!  rotflmao

Anyways, it sounds like the [65-3] skipped right to the [65-1] which is good.
Now, all you gotta do is open the door and press the little white test button.
The reels should do their maiden spin and when you close the door, it ought to be ready for play!
amusement

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 07:57:25 PM »

Push and hold the little white rest button (door open) the 65 1 will go away for a sec then it comes back on 65 3.
If I hold the white button in it takes about 6 sec and 65 3 comes up.
When I took the board home the first time I did read to pull the cmos chip Did that!
I did read to short the batt for a sec did that.....
Not sure what to do next.
poppo

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 08:10:17 PM »

Ok, why don't you try powering it up with the plug (i.e. the machine already turned on inside and the door already closed). Then when the 65_3 comes up, turn the jackpot reset key with the door still closed and see what happens. 
putts5205

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 08:18:49 PM »

NEW TO THIS SO PLEASE DON"T TRY UNTIL SOMEONE ELSE CHIMES IN. I just finished up a hacked slant top. It was set for free play with no coins by jumping the coin in optics to the change button. Anyhow I was having trouble doing a Max credits pay out. My Coin door optics were also bypassed. When I would use the clear chips after an unsuccessful credit otions change and lock up on payouts over the credit limit I found if I used the door optics in the closed mode but then reached in through the bottom door and pressed the test button while displaying 65-1. it would allow me to continue past the 65-1. If I tried to just "close the door" by hooking the optics up it wouldn't continue to game mode. My machine si always displaying door open on the candle though.

Maybe try unscrewing your door optics and holding them shut manually then pressing the Test button. AGAIN this may not be a good solution for you, my machine did not appear to be the norm but it worked for me. Also I found I had to use the actaul optics not just a bypass switch. There must be some sort of "pulse" that it reads.

amusement

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 08:57:45 PM »

If I turn the key with the power on and the door closed it will go to 65-1 if I turn it again it will go threw the norm cycle......
poppo

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 09:03:57 PM »

If I turn the key with the power on and the door closed it will go to 65-1 if I turn it again it will go threw the norm cycle......

What do you mean 'the normal cycle'?

If it's still acting up try it in this order.

1. Unplug machine with the internal power switch on and the door closed and latched.
2. Plug in the machine. If you get a 65_3, turn the jackpot reset key (with the door closed and latched)
3. If you get a 65_1 or a 65_2, open the door and press the self test button for a few seconds.
4. Close the door.
amusement

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 09:08:58 PM »

sorry new at this norm cycle 65-1 the 50 the 9999999 99 then 88888-88 or something like that until it comes back to 65-3.
So I power up the machine @ the plug with the door closed it goes to 65-3
I open the door hit the little white reset button (hold it for a few sec) 65-1 goes away for a sec then back to 65-3.
poppo

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 09:16:12 PM »

sorry new at this norm cycle 65-1 the 50 the 9999999 99 then 88888-88 or something like that until it comes back to 65-3.

Whoa. That doesn't sound right. Or at least I don't recall it displaying any numbers like that.  Scratch Head

Are you sure the CMOS is in the right way and there are no bent pins on it?

Also are you doing all of this in the original machine or a different one? I ask because the MPU data is tied to the EEPROM data on the motherboard in the machine.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 09:21:37 PM by poppo » Logged
amusement

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 09:34:04 PM »

yes sir double checked that and all the connections................

I was told if you keep turning the key it will step threw the program modes I was assuming that is what the other numbers were.

I got a call from Roger the slot tech around here he said he would put the board in another s plus and clear it for me and reset everthing.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 09:40:07 PM »

Hey amusement!.
Invite Roger here to newlifegames!
I'd like to hear what he says about these unusual numbers being displayed on your reel glass display.
amusement

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 09:46:03 PM »

will do thanks for all the help...............Amusement (AKA Dave)
poppo

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 09:47:24 PM »

I was told if you keep turning the key it will step threw the program modes I was assuming that is what the other numbers were.

Turning the reset key will get you into accounting mode, but you should not be 'keep turning it' for this issue. It is a one time turn.

I got a call from Roger the slot tech around here he said he would put the board in another s plus and clear it for me and reset everthing.

The possible problem with putting it in another machine is it will 'sync' the EEPROM and CMOS of that machine. If the EEPROM is an 'older format' on the original machine (the reason for the 65_3), then you may still be back to square one when the MPU is put back in the original machine. The purpose of a clear chip is to clear BOTH the EEPROM and CMOS. Just pulling the CMOS on the MPU would clear that half of the equation.  Keep in mind the EEPROM in on the motherboard (the board the MPU plugs into). In other words I don't see what sending off just the MPU will accomplish (other than to just see if the MPU is bad).

Also the 'primary' way to clear the 65_3 is with a SET chip. But again, it needs to be mated with the EEPROM of the machine the MPU will be in, or it will accomplish nothing, since it's the EEPROM that is getting updated with the SET.

In any case keep us updated.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 10:04:21 PM by poppo » Logged
amusement

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, 10:48:18 PM »

OK I went to rogers place he fired up the machine it went to 65-3 he turned the key got it to 65-1 did the reset button went back to 65-3 turned it off
then back on with the door shut turned the key door still shut went to 65-1 opened the door hit reset back to 65-3 then he pulled the board at the bottom
mumbled a few words soldered a small 4 legged IC put a new one in (I see it was @ U1 on the board) put it all back with a clear chip in.
reset the game .25 turned on the bill acceptor and some other things I am not sure what they were.
I asked him what all the numbers were I was getting when I would keep turning the key I was told I was in the accounting mode.
All good in the hood now......Whew
Thank you all for your help.
Again I say what a great site this is.......Dave
poppo

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 10:58:46 PM »

Ok, so you took the whole machine there and he replaced the EEPROM right?

Glad it's working, but usually you will get a 65_0 when the EEPROM is bad. I wonder if just doing a clear (before replacing the EEPROM) would have solved it.

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 11:32:25 PM »

I wonder if just doing a clear (before replacing the EEPROM) would have solved it.

What a great, ahem, reply #1, ahem, idea!  Tongue Out   Crazy   wave

I know I would have started there first, rather than dealing with changing out the EEPROM.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 11:39:43 PM »

In all fairness, he did not have a clear chip (that I know of), so we were trying all of the other tricks. However once one was available, I  agree that would have been the next step. As it stands now we don't know if the EEPROM really was bad or not.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 07:17:01 PM »

Glad roger got it going for ya Amusement...!!!  applause
For future reference, the chip at location "U1" on the motherboard  is a 8-pin 24C04 eeprom chip.
Poppo understand more than I, exactly what that chip is for and what it stores.
The ONLY way to erase it easily  is to use a CLEAR chip.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.