Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 12:39:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  V7200(?) board replacement? Acid Damage...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: V7200(?) board replacement? Acid Damage...  (Read 2392 times)
modessitt
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« on: January 03, 2012, 02:53:57 PM »

Got called out to look at a couple slots, one of which was a GM with a "SAFERAM" error message.  I think it's a V7200, as it has a couple labels that say "SMI V7200 FOXWOODS".  I'm adding the crappy cell-phone pictures below if anyone can confirm or deny.  It also has screened on the board "BALLY GAMING INC. (C)1992,1993,1994  AS-3356-246".

Anyway, it has acid damage all over one corner.  I'm hoping there is a way to buy a working board that I can swap (or burn new) game program chips to?  I'd think that would be cheaper - not to mention easier - than trying to remove all the parts in the affected area, cleaning off all of the corrosion, and then attempting to repopulate it with good parts.

So - pictures are below, and any help would be appreciated.  Perhaps knowledge of a vendor I can get a good board from?  What I expect to pay for one? I'd rather not take a chance on an untested or non-working board from E-Bay.

Thanks...

FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 03:54:09 PM »

Rudys Deals has some. This is 1 , he has more listed.
http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=38&product_id=777
modessitt

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 05:17:35 PM »

Thanks, that looks like it...
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 05:21:21 PM »

Did you look @ the others he has. There are some cheaper.
Ford
modessitt

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 05:33:49 PM »

I'll probably have my boss call him later.  Not sure if I'll have to replace the game roms or not, and I'll probably need a saferam clear chip, too...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.