Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:05:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  XS 1200 Hopper problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: XS 1200 Hopper problem  (Read 4695 times)
Jeff99
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« on: February 11, 2010, 08:56:38 PM »

:104-OH no! Mr. Bill

Background:
I bought a Gamemaker a while ago and the screen was dying.  After fooling around with the guy I bought it from, decided to move forward and bought a new LCD screen.  Good choice as it's nice to look at, and I won't have to deal with the monitor ever again.  In the mean time the battery died so I put a new one in and cleared ram.  The coin comparator a CC 62 D isn't working - did change the options on the reboot screen according to other posts, so will have to investigate further.  Does take bills and plays so I know the basic mechanism is OK.

The XS1200 hopper won't pay.  If I press both test buttons the mixer rotates just fine. If I hit the coin feed or reverse button by itself the coin feed plate jumps as if it wants to start moving and then does noting.  The hopper test diagnostic says the hopper is empty, even though there are coins in it. Not bunches , but at least 50 or 60 quarters.

Everything worked before I had to put a new battery in and clear ram.

Any ideas where I should start to look?

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 10:32:00 PM »

start by looking in the hopper, perhaps a screw or some foreign object is jamming the pin wheel from turning ,could be abunch of quarters near the optic maybe one behind the knife, or a nickel, they will jam up a quarter pinwheel right now.
If the wheel wants to turn, and the green lite is on then it should be trying to payout, this is why it thinks its empty,no coins are going by the optics telling the machine that it is paying out.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Jeff99
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 11:48:24 PM »

Jim,
Thanks for the reply! Took the hopper out and inspected it, turned it upside down and shook it, and ran a small screwdriver around the pin wheel.
Still not working.  I suspect the next step is to remove the pin wheel and inspect it.  Do the three screws in the middle  of the wheel allow me to take it off, or is there more?
Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 12:23:24 AM »

did you make sure one of the motor leads didn't come off . does the green lite come on when you push the button? red lite when you reverse  it?   

strange why it would stop working when all you did was too clear it?

after the bowl is removed,you have to remove the knife, then the three screws, if you are going to do this, pay attention to how everything is together before you disassemble. on some bally hoppers there was a small white knob that allowed you to turn the motor which in turn would turn the pinwheel,,very very slow but it would dismiss if anything was jammed.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Jeff99
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 03:32:09 AM »

Jim thanks will try tomorrow.

Jeff
Jeff99
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 12:22:56 AM »

Jim,
Took the hopper apart and found a dried up rubber band behind the pin weel.  Cleaned and lightly oiled the shat area of the
plate.  Put it back together and tried it.  The pin wheel can travel in reverse OK.  Forward the green light blinks on and the plate jumps but no
real movement. 
Regards,
Jeff

Jeff
Jeff99
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 12:38:17 AM »

Jim,
Tried another test.  Took everything off the hooper except the pin wheel plate.
The knife and the little metal scraper that is under the knife were removed.  It will reverse
forever.  Forward is a jerk and seems like it would be one coin.
Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff
paul
paul
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 01:04:31 AM »

see if on the hopper motor there might be a spring loaded flat button you depress this to set hopper in free roll if the spring is broke and button i stuck up this could happen but gravity should let button come down.   just a thought
Jeff99
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 02:56:42 AM »

Jim,
Could not find anything like you described.  I stripped it down so only the shaft from the motor was left. Still  did not work
It must be the hopper board.  Why it would go bad sitting is hard to figure, but when all else is eliminated.

Any other ideas?
Thanks Jeff

Jeff
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.