Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 08:48:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Screen goes Red and won't accept coins
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Screen goes Red and won't accept coins  (Read 3318 times)
Jeff99
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« on: March 05, 2010, 12:15:36 AM »

I opened the door to get some money from the hopper since it had taken it all - kinda Vegas style.  When I closed the door the screen went red and the machine would not accept coins. Tried the key reset on the side with no results, Reset the the machine from the MPU reset button with no results, turned off and onwith no results.  It did complain of a hopper jam during this process but the reset seemed to clear that. This has happened before when I had the old monitor and I chalked it up to the monitor, but I put in a new Centronix LCD so it's not that.  By the way the LCD looks great!   My question is:

1. Is it a malfunction that is a normal error and it just needs to be cleared and I don't know how,or
2. Need a clear ram and if so does the machine need to be serviced?

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 05:31:48 PM »

I've never seen this particular error, so I would say that it is certainly not normal.

If it were my machine, I would first re-seat the hopper and/or try booting the machine without the hopper. I would then check the battery voltage and solder connections, and make sure that the MPU board was well seated when I reinstalled it. Next, I would see if cooling down the machine made a difference (since it would have cooled while I checked the battery. Tongue Out)  I would jiggle the wiring harnesses looking for an open or short. I would then try a full clear.

<PS> Then I'd ask for more help from one of our experts if my basic strategies didn't work. Crazy Cry Laughing Cry Laughing
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 12:55:12 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Jeff99
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 10:41:50 PM »

StatFreak,
You were right, it was a poorly seated MPU board.  When I Clear the memory for the jurisdiction change so I can double down.  I will lock the MPU board tray.
Thanks again!
Jeff

Jeff
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 12:56:27 AM »

I'm glad that one issue is out of the way. I'll see you back on the other thread.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.