Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:03:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S-2000 Sound Problem Fixed.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S-2000 Sound Problem Fixed.  (Read 1285 times)
IFFV68
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« on: July 13, 2010, 09:03:44 PM »

I purchased a I.G.T. 3 coin game from Rocky Mountain Slots. It has all the bells & whistles. Only problem the Bell worked , but the reels spinning made a horrible sound & static from all the speakers.
Brian sent two resistors. That took care of the two top speakers., but when the bottom speaker was connected  it still made a horrible sound. When I disconnected the bottom speaker the sound was very clear.
Called Rob & Brian again, he said I needed a new Board, a 504-B. I believe the Board I had was a 504-A, not really sure.
I received my 504-B board, replaced the chips from  my bad board. Called Brian, it was a very simple process & my new Board works as advertised. The game came like new & very clean. Works perfect.

When using the 504-B board, I did not use any resistors on my BOTTOM speaker. I don't know if this is always the case or not. I found out the Bottom speaker is the BASS speaker & I'm enjoy the full sound..
I also had to turn down the volume to TWO.

I would like to thank Brian & Rob for helping me out after the sale. Be patient because their phone system can be difficult.
Thanks again,

I.F.F.V.68
stormrider
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 131

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 09:43:41 PM »

I purchased a I.G.T. 3 coin game from Rocky Mountain Slots. It has all the bells & whistles. Only problem the Bell worked , but the reels spinning made a horrible sound & static from all the speakers.
Brian sent two resistors. That took care of the two top speakers., but when the bottom speaker was connected  it still made a horrible sound. When I disconnected the bottom speaker the sound was very clear.
Called Rob & Brian again, he said I needed a new Board, a 504-B. I believe the Board I had was a 504-A, not really sure.
I received my 504-B board, replaced the chips from  my bad board. Called Brian, it was a very simple process & my new Board works as advertised. The game came like new & very clean. Works perfect.

When using the 504-B board, I did not use any resistors on my BOTTOM speaker. I don't know if this is always the case or not. I found out the Bottom speaker is the BASS speaker & I'm enjoy the full sound..
I also had to turn down the volume to TWO.

I would like to thank Brian & Rob for helping me out after the sale. Be patient because their phone system can be difficult.
Thanks again,

I.F.F.V.68

Yes it's been stated here many times the 504-B mpu is the cure
but for many of us who like to tinker the resistor mod does work
I have plenty of older 501,502 with the mod that sound excellent
even on a backlit machine.

Tim
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.