Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:45:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  The Old Bait and Switch
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Old Bait and Switch  (Read 16779 times)
Railroad94
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 225

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2009, 09:28:56 PM »

Back to the beginning,if all of them are the same why not sell the front two. They make a sale and everybody is happy.   Scratch Head

Guess you would of had to be there,which I was not
reho33
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2009, 09:44:13 PM »

Good news travels fast, bad news travels like lightening. I believe that certain dealers in this business will survive based on their rep and others will fall by the wayside. Every year it looks like the good column is getting smaller and smaller.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2009, 09:53:13 PM »

Moneys tight  people do dumb things trying to keep head above water ,They never think about the long term,Few of the reasons we left nj  were slot laws and high taxes my real tax in nj was almost 800 a week, here in va $25 aweek,   Again  treat people right  they will tell others in the long run you,ll comeout ahead
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2009, 10:01:30 PM »

Again I am "nicely" checking all this out.  As of now pokernut still has the beef with this one.   I am waiting on the "Defense" to rise as of yet to chk out this one.  If not then they may be just to busy.  Thanks B.
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2009, 10:07:49 PM »

Yes, we should wait for all the facts to come out before any judgement is passed. I never had any problems dealing with them either so lets wait until people come on here to give their side. I prefer to remain objective and neutral as I think anyone else would expect the same.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2009, 10:24:50 PM »

I agree,  This is becoming a blown up deal and possible bashing involved. .  Those problems could be handled in pm's, e-mail, phone calls etc..  The member pokernut was just expressing his dealings with said such.  I bet it ends up okay in the end.   Just my  guess.  B.
Pokernut
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 112

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2009, 10:46:17 PM »

To put this issue to bed, I think the lady could have cleared this up very quickly.  She kept saying it wouldnt be fair to the people on Ebay if I jump the line and dont pull from the rear.  I told her I was here for the Ebay auction and wanted those 2 front machines.  All she had to say was If you want those machines, use the Buy It Now  on Ebay and buy them.  I already had a friend on standby for that very purpose.  One quick cell phone call, he would have bought them online and I would have paid her the cash.  I would have gotten my machines and everybody would have been happy.  Thats why I thought I was getting scammed.  Those 2 front machines were off the table, and I couldnt have them - period.  Why she didnt say that, I'll never know.
The End

PS:
Regarding those GameKings.  I took a very quick look at them ( about 30sec.)  and they really didnt look too bad.  One had a couple large scuffs marks on the back and side of the cabinet, but I think a little elbow grease and it would have cleaned up very nicely.  And as far as I could tell they were all parts complete. I did not notice any monitors missing.  Like I said, it was a very quick look and I wasnt there to buy those machines, so I didnt go into any in-depth inspection
Pokernut
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2009, 11:55:26 PM »

Pokernut,  There are some other good reliable folks to deal with out here.  Unfortantly we sometimes have to learn this the hard way- Duh!.  I agree put this to rest and K+ to you and Happy Holidays.  B.
midohioslotmachines
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2009, 01:29:50 AM »

Just a quick reply to all these posts in regards to Mid Ohio Slot Machines. I would first like to let anyone here know we have been in business since 1994, same location,,same phone number,
I do not think that we would still be in business and have sold several thousands of slot machines over the years, if these acqusations were true. I asure you that we have never and will never
do/pull a bait and switch as you call it.  We buy machines from various brokers across the USA. These machines in question Game Kings, Bally Multi games woithout boards, came in November 19th 2009.  Someone posted here that 2 of the machines looked as if they were missing monitors, Sorry, I am not a proffessional photographer, I assure you that all five are parts complete
including monitors and YES,  there are a few scuffs on the Game Kings-Keno...., #2 reference the Bally Pokers without the CPU boards, they are listed on ebay at $450.00 for both of them, NOT each. We up from 10 to 15 percent above what we pay for them and wholesale them out.  Having said the above, I hope I have cleared up a few of your replies on this site. If anyone  has any questions regarding ANY of our machines Please feel free to call us during regular business hours 10am to 4pm mon-fri,  419-522-3777. I would be glad to answer any of your questions as honestly as I can. I assure you that we are stable enough, that we do not need to rip anyone off for a few hundred dollars. to everyone on this site, we wish you all the happiest of holidays. 

Caroline A Miller  Mid Ohio Slot Machines  Mansfield  Ohio
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2009, 01:34:13 AM »

Caroline,
I am glad you came on and voiced your side of the story... applause applause Hail
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2009, 07:56:37 AM »

Don't know anything about Pokernut experience but stopped by there a year or so ago and met Randy and Caroline. Bought a few things for
my S+, nice people.

Ron (r273)
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2009, 11:38:14 AM »

Well ..... I have never, to my knowledge bought anything from MidOhioSlots. Here is my take on this. Pokernut when you went and saw the machines that were listed were as advertised in the Ebay auction, you should have had your buddy do the buy it now for you. MidOhioSlots technically could NOT have sold them to you if they were still under the auction. Those particular machines pictured are reserved for that auction transaction. Now, how do we know its those actual machines? Unless there are identifying numbers or markings, I don't know. If you had won the auction and they still refused to sell you those front two, you still could have refused because the items provided were not as listed.

Now on MidOhioSlots side, your response covered questions about your auctions in relation to parts/monitors, but when it came to the reason why this post was generated, your response was that you never did nor never will pull a bait and switch. It really does not answer Pokernuts allegations and seems to indicate it just never happened.

A reasonable man would seem to it unlikely that:
1. A member would drive to your location and not buy any decent machines after a long drive
2. Make up a story about a bait and switch
3. Post their displeasure and concerns on NLG so other members would be aware of the situation

Everyone here will make up their own minds about this, but I just wanted to post what I saw without any involvement with either party.

Dan (tacman)

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2009, 11:57:21 AM »

Just a quick reply to all these posts in regards to Mid Ohio Slot Machines. I would first like to let anyone here know we have been in business since 1994, same location,,same phone number,
I do not think that we would still be in business and have sold several thousands of slot machines over the years, if these acqusations were true. I asure you that we have never and will never
do/pull a bait and switch as you call it.  We buy machines from various brokers across the USA. These machines in question Game Kings, Bally Multi games woithout boards, came in November 19th 2009.  Someone posted here that 2 of the machines looked as if they were missing monitors, Sorry, I am not a proffessional photographer, I assure you that all five are parts complete
including monitors and YES,  there are a few scuffs on the Game Kings-Keno...., #2 reference the Bally Pokers without the CPU boards, they are listed on ebay at $450.00 for both of them, NOT each. We up from 10 to 15 percent above what we pay for them and wholesale them out.  Having said the above, I hope I have cleared up a few of your replies on this site. If anyone  has any questions regarding ANY of our machines Please feel free to call us during regular business hours 10am to 4pm mon-fri,  419-522-3777. I would be glad to answer any of your questions as honestly as I can. I assure you that we are stable enough, that we do not need to rip anyone off for a few hundred dollars. to everyone on this site, we wish you all the happiest of holidays.  

Caroline A Miller  Mid Ohio Slot Machines  Mansfield  Ohio

bottom line is the ebay activity you have offered over the yrs has been proven that you have shill bid your own auctions .
with the proof still lying on ebay .. im not saying your not a good dealer or bad dealer .

when someone as myself stands up and recalls the other user names registered  you . when ebay allowed full name disclosure on bidding etc  .. it still does on acount history names ..i dont think you really want to drift into those waters .. >> JEEPERSCREEPERS<<

have a nice day .

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2009, 12:02:28 PM »

Did I miss something? she never said why she didn,t just sell him the 2 gamemakers  cash in hand is always good
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2009, 01:34:00 PM »

I have NEVER bought a slot machine off E-bay and probably won't. I prefer to go and SEE the machines up front even if it is a long drive. Like I said, you can look at all my other posts and see when I've been and gone to get the 2 machines I now have. The 1st machine that I bought was from a guy in Reading, PA and I lived in Carmel, NY at the time so it was a haul. At the end of the day, if I didn't like what I saw, I wouldn't have bought and that would have been that. Unless a e-bayer has a really good + rating and shows lots of photos in the auction page, forget it.

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2009, 03:30:14 PM »

I have NEVER bought a slot machine off E-bay and probably won't. I prefer to go and SEE the machines up front even if it is a long drive. Like I said, you can look at all my other posts and see when I've been and gone to get the 2 machines I now have. The 1st machine that I bought was from a guy in Reading, PA and I lived in Carmel, NY at the time so it was a haul. At the end of the day, if I didn't like what I saw, I wouldn't have bought and that would have been that. Unless a e-bayer has a really good + rating and shows lots of photos in the auction page, forget it.

As far as buying a machine ..any machine . being a first time buyer or repeat buyer .. slot-machines -arcade machines - etc etc . there are always good sellers private sales .. Dealers that are reputable .. from word of mouth or other .

The thing people FORGET .. when you buy a "USED" slotmachine --used car --- the demo  LCD flat screen T. V. at SEARS etc after the holidays .. is that you are buying a in most cases 'USED " ITEM OR REMANUFACTURED SLOTMACHINE .

When I was in high school 30 yrs ago I started a automobile starter & alternator rebuilding business --"remanufactured" which means under definition in simple man/woman terms --replace what is broke -make it look nice - market product - pray it outlast the warranty period .

SO when i see Items for sale that say 10 point inspection -90 point inspection  great !!  its a inspection !! nothing else .

was anything replaced ?? or rebuilt ?? the simple cleaning of machine -bulbs -update DBV if equipped . It is still used and subject to break down over time .

so to go look at any machine you buy .. so you can see it work is the best .. if you have any doughts of the seller walk away ..
there are 100's of sellers of machines .. but remember even a machine that has been rebuilt with normal parts that wear out & the movement of machine by shipping carrier can destroy all the hard work the seller did .

botton line is a used item is used and subject to any possible failure beyond the sellers control . even if it was refurbished and the 90 -point inspection ..

===========================================================================
just to give proper definition below :
Remanufacturing is the process of disassembly and recovery at the module level and, eventually, at the component level. It requires the repair or replacement of worn out or obsolete components and modules. Parts subject to degradation affecting the performance or the expected life of the whole are replaced.

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.