Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:05:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Multiple S Plus Problems
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Multiple S Plus Problems  (Read 13829 times)
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« on: January 24, 2009, 07:13:49 PM »

Hello All,
I am a proud new owner of my first slot machine,and am slowly learning how these machines actually work,and trust me I've got a long way to go....Anyway I have an older S+ Triple Triple Diamond machine that I reciently changed from dollar tokens to quarter tokens without to much problem untill the famous 3300 code came up ,filled hopper with coins (Total coins in hopper around 700)and still no luck clearing the code.Then cleared RAM with clear chip,this worked for awhile,but then noticed that after hitting bars or cherries the credits were not registering at all nor was the hopper paying out.Then came the famous 3300 code again...back to square one....So my question is what is the minimum amount of coins do you have to have in the hopper for this code to go away,or can I just Rack up the credits and play off them bypassing the hopper until i get more tokens? Also when the hopper does engage it only lets around 40 coins out at a time and then stops returning to the 3300. Another question, why are'nt the credits registering each time you hit an award. I hope this all makes sense.I could really use some advise.
Despirate to play....thanks
triplediamond
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 08:30:37 PM »

the problem is that the quarters dont trip the optics on a dollar hopper.  You need to change the coin knife and possibly the pinwheel to quarter ones (small coin).  Contact Jim at Bluridge, I'm sure he has them.

Take a look at the hopper by the knife and you will see the optic assembly, you'll understand.  if you need pics, please let us know

Good luck and welcome aboard,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
JRR4
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 09:33:57 PM »

Check your private messages triplediamond.  I can vouch for Jim also.  He's been incredibly helpful to me in the recent past.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 09:44:05 PM by JRR4 » Logged
a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 11:40:14 PM »

You should fill out your profile so people that are near you may help.

good luck,
Wayne

triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 12:01:32 AM »

Hey thanks for all your help...I will check into the knife problem ...I have replaced the dollar shelf wheel with a quarter one,would I have to replace the optics on the hopper as well,and if I changed these items out it would solve the 3300 code problem or is it just telling me I need to dump more coins in the hopper?
Thanks again
triplediamond
a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 12:37:14 AM »

did you change the knife?  A small coin knife bumps the "tipper" higher up which breaks the optic beam and registers a coin passing. A large coin knife has a smaller bump which wouldn't bump the coin up high enough. 

Good luck,
Wayne

knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 09:51:15 AM »

You don't need to have a lot of coins in the hopper at all for it to work properly -- try and get out of the mindset of "if I put more coins in there it'll work."  Smiley

A 3300 error is "Hopper Empty."  HOWEVER, if the optics aren't seeing coins exiting the hopper, it will assume that the hopper is empty because, as far as it knows, it hasn't spit out any coins.

The way the hopper and optics generally work is that when you cash out, the hopper motor turns on and coins exit the hopper, breaking the beam of the optics as each coin goes past.  The machine counts how many times the beam has been broken (how many coins have been spit out), and then turns off the hopper motor and engages the brake so that it stops spitting out coins after the exact number it was supposed to pay has been paid.

In your case, if the optics aren't seeing coins exiting the hopper, it'll pay out some (while not showing any decrease in the number of credits), and then time out with a 3300 error as the machine hasn't seen any coins exit the hopper (even though in reality some have).

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 10:44:43 AM »

you need to take the security parts off of the optic and move the optic forward - the "trip" system does not seem to work when going from $ to 25c.  Make sure when you move the optic forward you use a small screw - while at it clean the optic - using alcohol.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 01:41:42 AM »

Triplediamond
hopefully one have the right shelf wheel, #57505508C  around 5 3/8 round. since you have changed this then you know how to disassemble the hopper.There are three ways to test the hopper,two out of the machine and one in the machine.
1) disassemble the hopper down to the point where you have removed the one or two big springs that attach from the hopper bowl to the handle. remove the coin level probe,normally in the top hole,front hopper bowl, then remove the 4 screws holding the bowl to the main frame,note two black and two silver spring, remove bowl,sometimes if they put a washer under the screws holding the knife you may have too twist and turn to remove it or take out the two  screws holding the knife, at this point you can test the hopper manually.(if you removed the knife put it back on,chisel point should lay on the shelf wheel and pushed all the way back ) on the back side of hopper, where the motor is ,you will see a arm attached to the motor that has a red plastic piece with a spring attached to it. this is the motor brake, you can push this with you finger and watch it as it will spring back and forth, this is normal operation, if it is sticky or sluggish it will cause 3100 errors. this stops the motor from drifting after it has been told to turn off. But if you hold this down with one hand you can usually turn the pin wheel by placing your fingers on the star agitator and rotating it ccw. after you have mastered this then you can place quartes on the slots of the pinwheel usually only 4 or 5 from the end of knife to the 4 o'clock position. Rotate the wheel by hand and watch as they come onto the knife and roll thru the coin optics down the knife and out on to the tabletop or floor. You can do this several times and really see what is going on and make corrections accordingly.

2) get hopper down to the same point. and test it with 115vac. do this with extreme caution. I made a test cord with two push on connectors,the same type they use on the hopper. remove the two connectors from the hopper and attach your test cord ends. I plug my test cord into a power strip with an on/off switch so I can control running the hopper. This is a great test after you correct your problem and reassemble the hopper.You can put coins in the hopper and run them thru and ensure that everything is good.

3) test in the machine-----with no fault codes and machine ready to play--- open door locate white test button,if machine has bill acceptor,to the left of power switch---some models had switch mounted to back of that housing, of if no bill acc.  left side of machine middle of card cage.  Press until you get a#3 in the coins played window  press spin button  hopper should come on , count ten coins and stop. you should be able to do this as many times as you wish and you feel that the hopper is running right.

Hope this helps you,good luck  and if you need anything contact the vendors on top of page.

Jim 

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 05:07:32 PM »

Hello All,
Again I appreciate everyone's help in solving my 3300 code problem,I have recieved new parts..replaced the knife and moved the optics,a new pinwheel is on backorder but the code is gone and the hopper seems to function correctly, i put everything back together and was having problems with the credits not registering and the hopper would pay out coins with every cherry hit. I messed around with it some more and the credits are registering....Now when you play and hit bars or other awards its not paying out anything; for example 3 bars hit and payout is a big fat zero,seems to only be paying out when I hit a cherry or two,can anyone help me with this ?
thanks
triplediamond
a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 05:24:09 PM »

Was it working O.K. before?  It sounds like your reel strips are in the wrong location or on the wrong reels.  Does it pay out when it shouldn't?

Thanks,
Wayne

triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 05:35:25 PM »

No it wasn working before...It pays out consistantly on cherries ,and yes it pays out for example when you hit a bar bar blank,and never pays on a bar bar bar hit
triplediamond
2Nutz
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 8

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 05:42:40 PM »

Sounds like you should go into the self testing menu of the machine and start at the beginning.  Verify All operating conditions including correct hopper pay-out.  Also verify which reel chip you have and compare to the pay-out table listed on the glass and reel strips.  Once all that is done it should make things alot easier to determine the fault and less guessing.

If you know the SS # of the reel chip, post it and I'm pretty sure we can come up with the info for the strips.

If you don't know the SS #, read through some of the postings first which will tell you how to get it.  If still unable to retrieve, post that too.

yes
a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 06:16:27 PM »

All three reel strips should be the same on that one.  I wonder if you have a slant top reel in there.  How many reels are out of alignment?  check if your reel strips are aligned (notches)  look for the letter st on the reel(s) that aren't in position.
Line #   1 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #   2 CH CH CH     
Line #   3 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #   4 3B 3B 3B     
Line #   5 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #   6 1B 1B 1B     
Line #   7 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #   8 2B 2B 2B     
Line #   9 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  10  7  7  7     
Line #  11 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  12 1B 1B 1B     
Line #  13 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  14 2B 2B 2B     
Line #  15 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  16 3B 3B 3B     
Line #  17 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  18 2B 2B 2B     
Line #  19 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  20 TJ TJ TJ     
Line #  21 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  22 1B 1B 1B     

4  4  4
            0  0  0
            1  1  1
            1  1  1

Pictures help also.

Thanks,
Wayne

a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2009, 06:18:15 PM »

here is a 2 coin and a 3 coin par

* SS6763.txt (14.76 KB - downloaded 179 times.)
* SS6770.txt (14.84 KB - downloaded 164 times.)

a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 06:22:36 PM »

do a reel strip test,  do you have a manual?

Thanks,
Wayne

triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 06:28:29 PM »

I have done a seft test (hopefully I did it right -as I am still learning)when it came to the reel tests you are to push the spin button to get the reels spinning ....it never spun nor did the spin buttom light up to do so...anyway here is the Reel chip # SS6767  Game Chip # SP 1271
thanks
triplediamond
a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 06:44:32 PM »

I sent you an email.

dpalmi
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 07:57:56 PM »

anyway here is the Reel chip # SS6767  Game Chip # SP 1271

Hello!

SS6767 is a 90.04% chip for a 2 coin Triple Triple Diamond, so sounds like that is right.  I would check the strips and the reel baskets like mentioned above....

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 08:25:54 PM »

I have done a seft test (hopefully I did it right -as I am still learning)when it came to the reel tests you are to push the spin button to get the reels spinning ....it never spun nor did the spin buttom light up to do so...anyway here is the Reel chip # SS6767  Game Chip # SP 1271
thanks
triplediamond

Triplediamond, the part marked in red is not quite correct for the SP1271. Here is a fast way of checking whether the strips are in the right position:

Open the door and press the white test button 9 times. This will bring you to the Paytable test.
There will be a 4 in the Coins In window. The credit window will alternate flashing 1271 and 6767.
Now, just turn the jackpot reset key 4 times. Don't touch the buttons.

The reels will spin to the home position. All three reels should have the seam on the payline. If not, then you either have slant top reels, as already suggested, or the strips are not in the correct position on the reels.

Check for ST reels as others have suggested.

IF you don't have slant top reels:
There is a slight bump along the outer right edge of the each basket at one point. If you rotate the reel by hand (power off) and run your right index finger along the outer edge you will feel it. The strips have notches that should be placed to match the notch where the bump is (there is an inner notch to match the one you felt on the outside). Realign the strips to match these notches and try the test again.

If you DO have slant top reels, these positions will not be correct for your upright. However, you can manually offest the strips so that they will work. You will want to place the strips so that the test 4 above puts the seams on the payline. That way, you can play the game until you get the correct upright reel baskets.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 09:35:17 PM »

Okay I have verified that the reel strips are all in the notch positions,hit the white button to display 4 coins in window ,turned the reset key 4 times ...reel spins to home position and the reel end strips all line up on the payline....also verified that the reels do not have an ST on them what do i look for next?
Thanks
triplediamond
a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 09:40:44 PM »

did you check to see if the symbols on the reel strips match the par sheet?  could be the wrong reel strips.

Thanks,
Wayne

a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 09:42:20 PM »

are all of your reel strips exactly the same? 

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009, 09:42:42 PM »

did you check to see if the symbols on the reel strips match the par sheet?  could be the wrong reel strips.

Thanks,
Wayne

I agree. yes

Wayne may have sent this to you, but here is the PAR for SS6767

Wayne is talking about the physical strip listing, right under the pay combinations.

* SS6767.txt (14.76 KB - downloaded 149 times.)

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2009, 09:49:24 PM »

Yeah he has it.
here is the reel strip layout, It differs from a 3 line or 5 line version, which if everything else checked out could be the strips you have(maybe just one).
Line #   1 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #   2 CH CH CH     
Line #   3 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #   4 3B 3B 3B     
Line #   5 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #   6 1B 1B 1B     
Line #   7 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #   8 2B 2B 2B     
Line #   9 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  10  7  7  7     
Line #  11 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  12 1B 1B 1B     
Line #  13 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  14 2B 2B 2B     
Line #  15 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  16 3B 3B 3B     
Line #  17 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  18 2B 2B 2B     
Line #  19 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  20 TJ TJ TJ     
Line #  21 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  22 1B 1B 1B

I asked earlier if there is only one reel that doesn't match the pays, or are there more than 1?

Thanks,
Wayne

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.