Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:31:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: question  (Read 7515 times)
dumptrks
« on: April 19, 2010, 04:31:01 AM »

how can I find out which board I have my gameking has? frying pan
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 05:13:11 AM »

You could just read the numbers on the board. Here is a pic. of 3902 on the left 3802 on right.

* PICT0063.sm.jpg (380.04 KB, 800x600 - viewed 254 times.)

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 11:46:31 AM »

And what are all those WOF chips for?  stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking
ashyron
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

RIP Dad. I love you. 5-26-10

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 03:35:12 PM »

And what are all those WOF chips for?  stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking

Those are the WOF chips for the old WOF game not the sought after new WOF games.  Not the funnest game but it's still fun.  I still play it.

Well, it's been almost 2 years.  I'm kinda back. Undecided
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 04:09:03 PM »

Those are the WOF chips for the old WOF game not the sought after new WOF games.  Not the funnest game but it's still fun.  I still play it.

Ron  that other Ron is just trying to stir up something. You have to realize he's about two years older than Alabama dirt. Duh! Duh!  Crazy Crazy

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
ashyron

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 04:11:46 PM »

Ron  that other Ron is just trying to stir up something. You have to realize he's about two years older than Alabama dirt. Duh! Duh!  Crazy Crazy

Now THAT's old.  Must be the same age as my mother then  Tongue Out  She helped create that dirt.  I think she helped with the GA dirt too.   bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 05:47:56 PM »

Cry Laughing    Cry Laughing      Cry Laughing      Cry Laughing    Clap   Clap    Clap

Now THAT's old.  Must be the same age as my mother then  Tongue Out  She helped create that dirt.  I think she helped with the GA dirt too.   bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

dumptrks
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 02:53:08 AM »

ok another stupid question is the eprom chip the same as a key chip?
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 04:05:34 AM »

EPROM stands for "Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory."  Your Game King board uses many EPROM chips in various sizes.  A "keychip" is an EPROM chip with specific data programmed on it that tells the machine's software that you're permitted to make changes.

A Game King keychip is a 40-pin EPROM that gets temporarially installed on the MPU board.  To use a keychip, you power down the machine, remove the MPU board, carefully remove the BASE EPROM chip that is currently installed, replace it with the keychip EPROM, and install the board back into the machine.  Turn the machine on and a keychip menu will appear.  Once you've performed your keychip operations, turn the machine off, remove the MPU board, remove the keychip EPROM, and put the BASE EPROM back into place.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
dumptrks
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 04:30:52 AM »

wow thats great information...thanks
Where can i buy the correct Key chip for the 3802 board?
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 04:24:51 PM »

The keychip you need actually depends on the software (EPROM chips) you're running on your board.  Different games require different keychips.

Are you running a multi-game setup on your Game King (video poker, basic slots, keno), or a specific game?  If you can take a picture of the chips on your board (always turn the power off before removing the board!), or at least post the numbers on the BASE chip, we can help you figure out which keychip you need.

You can buy a keychip from any of the vendors who support this site -- Jim at Blueridge is someone I've bought parts from and he provides great service.  Otherwise, you can also post a "Want To Buy" ad in the classifieds section of the forum and one of the vendors will contact you.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
dumptrks
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 04:42:53 AM »

Yes I run multigames on my Game King, I would like to be able to change the games, payback %, and switch the system to "freeplay" or tournament play...By the way thanks so much for answering my questions, this can get very technical

* downsized_0429002119.jpg (31.59 KB, 512x384 - viewed 211 times.)
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 07:40:20 PM »

Can you post the number on the label of your BASE chip in the tray?  That would help to determine what keychip you need.  You can use the keychip to set up the machine to change percentages.  I'm not sure about tournament stuff as I haven't played with it on the Game King, but I'm sure we can figure it out.

dumptrks
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 02:11:53 AM »

Base Chip Moooo526
other chips either have cooooo351 or g0001777
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 07:15:34 PM »

Can someone help out and tell him what keychip he needs for that BASE chip?  I don't have a list at all.

ashyron

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 07:48:16 PM »

Base Chip Moooo526
other chips either have cooooo351 or g0001777

I use a Key 40 for all my Game King needs, and it works everytime.  Doesn't matter if Cleo is in there or Texas Tea or GK 5.0 or Base chip 526 or 528, I always use a Key 40.  Hope that helps.

blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 07:56:40 PM »

We have the correct Keychip for the G0001777/M526 combo and the Documentation to go with the set

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 09:43:26 PM »

We have the correct Keychip for the G0001777/M526 combo and the Documentation to go with the set

Well, there you go, dumptrks -- send Jim a message or an e-mail (there are links to do so right under his "Tabasco" icon) and he'll sell you what you need!   applause

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.