Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:20:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  My 1st Poker Machine... Need help with hold button wiring on a PE +
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My 1st Poker Machine... Need help with hold button wiring on a PE +  (Read 9416 times)
AffordableSlots
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 30

« on: December 03, 2010, 02:19:55 AM »

arrow  I just got my First poker machine  applause

I have a PE + Double Double Bonus Poker. I bought the machine and it didn't have ANY micro switch buttons, I got all new ones and put them in. I am having trouble wiring the buttons in sequence. I have some idea how they go, but have been stuck on this for days now and I need help. I heard you have to wire them in sequence to get them to work.... What would the sequence be?  Nerd

I have already checked the test screen to check the buttons, I got one to work and not the rest. I know the switches all work, I tested them. The mpu board is also good...No bad resistors.

Do all the buttons have to be connected at the same time for the hold buttons to work? I was hooking up one switch at a time. I got one to work, but not the next one in line.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
Bryan
AffordableSlots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 03:16:23 AM »

Here are some pictures of how I have the wires hooked up...  Help. Scratch Head

* IMAG0023.jpg (1471.99 KB, 2592x1728 - viewed 374 times.)

* IMAG0024.jpg (1322.55 KB, 2592x1728 - viewed 411 times.)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 06:03:59 PM »

I got one to work, but not the next one in line.

Bryan-

Welcome to  nlg!

Well, since you got one to work, that's good news!  I'm not at home and obviously don't have a machine in front of me, but if you got one to work, I'm sure we can get the rest working.  Which one do you have working now?

If memory serves (and sometimes it doesn't!), the series is Hold 1, 2, 3, and 4 (in order) in one line, and 5 is on a different line along with the bet 1 and bet max buttons.  Again, I'll need to look at my machine to be sure.

I know that if even one wire is mis-wired in the series, it will cause the rest of the buttons in that series to not work, so that's probably where you're at, which isn't a huge deal to fix.  Please just let me know which one you have working now so we can start from there.  I'll look at my machine tonight.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
AffordableSlots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 07:19:22 PM »

Thanks, I got the Hold 1 working (The one next to the bet one). I had to wire a few wires together to get all the other buttons to work and I got all of the others working now. I just need the hold 2,3,4,5 to work (could be hold 1,2,3,4) Like I said The hold button that works is the hold button near the bet one credit on the left side of the machine.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 02:50:26 AM by tellmeaboutit » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 07:39:21 PM »

One of best ways to check to see if you have the wiring right is to open the door,
press the little white test button near the power switch or on the MPU case.
This will get you into the "Self-Test Inputs".
Pressing any button will change the value of that button on the screen if it's connected correctly!
Try it out!

To get back into "Game" mode - just press the Test button one time and close the door.

* PE+ Test button.jpg (50.7 KB, 1024x1157 - viewed 283 times.)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 07:44:54 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
AffordableSlots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 02:48:38 AM »

I have already checked the buttons with the test screen. I am still having trouble with the hold buttons. I also know the mpu board is good. I did have to rewire the max coins, bet one, cash out, deal, and change light. I could not get those to work without splicing into one of the existing ground wires. I hope this doesn't mess the wires up for the hold buttons... I left those wires alone. I heard you have to wire the hold buttons together in sequence to make those work, so my rewiring of the others shouldn't effect the hold buttons... I hope. All the wires for the hold buttons are all different colors, I am not sure of the common ground wire that would wire those together. I have been moving wiring around with no avail. If someone could take a few pics of there machine correctly wired it may help.

Thanks for all the help I have gotten so far, I hope I can figure this out soon... I'm going nuts! frying pan
 Please Post Pictures
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 05:53:12 AM »

I took pictures, but I'm not too sure how helpful they'll be.  Let's start with this before I deal with offloading and uploading:

First, there isn't one common ground wire for these buttons, per se.  That is, there isn't one wire that directly connects to all five of them.

Here's the wiring on my machine.  If the first one matches yours, then the rest should as well.  These go in order on the blades of the cherry switch.  The blades are labeled on each cherry switch (look closely at the plastic housing on the switch itself).

You'll notice in my notes here that the wire from the previous NC blade goes to the C blade of the next switch, every time -- that makes the series.

Hold 1:
C = Yellow/Purple Stripe
NO = White-ish or yellow (the color is fading on mine -- tough to tell)
NC = Gray

Hold 2:
C= Gray
NO = White/Purple Stripe
NC = Gray/Purple Stripe

Hold 3:
C = Gray/Purple Stripe
NO = Yellow/Red Stripe
NC = Gray/Dark Blue Stripe

Hold 4:
C = Gray/Dark Blue Stripe
NO = White/Brown Stripe  (or this may just be a whiteish-brown wire - my notes are scrawled)
NC = Gray/Yellow Stripe

Hold 5:
C = Gray/Yellow Stripe
NO = White/Black Stripe
NC = [open] (nothing connected to this -- it's the end of the series)

Success?

If not, and hold 1 is the only button working, triple-check the wiring to (and from) the switch.  Because they're wired in series, if something is mis-wired, that'll be the last one (or the one before it) to work in the series.

Edited to add: Here's the rest of the button wiring for the PE+ bartop, in case someone needs it in the future.

Deal/Draw:
C = Yellow/Green Stripe
NO = Yellow/Black Stripe
NC = Gray/Orange Stripe

Bet 5 (Max):
C = Gray/Orange Stripe
NO = Yellow/Brown Stripe
NC = Gray/Red Stripe

Bet 1 (Play Credit):
C = Gray/Red Stripe
NO = Yellow/Red Stripe
NC = Gray/Brown Stripe

Cash Out:
C = Gray/Brown Stripe
NO = Yellow/Orange Stripe
NC = Gray/Black Stripe

Change Request (the red "Change" or "Service" button a player would use to call an attendant):
C = Gray/Black Stripe
NO = Yellow/Blue Stripe
NC = [open] (nothing connected to this -- it's the end of the series)

(For what it's worth, I had the wires for the change button reversed on my machine (Yellow/Blue going to C, and Gray/Black going to NO), and it works fine, but likely because it's at the end of the series.  I see now that they're reversed, and have what I believe to be the "correct" wiring listed above.)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 01:23:44 PM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
AffordableSlots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 07:26:26 AM »

one other question... Is hold 1 the hold button next to the bet one credit on the left side of the machine (looking at it from the front of the machine with the door closed?)
AffordableSlots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 07:39:23 AM »

Kevin, I hate to ask...BUT... Can you give me the order for the other buttons. I have to splice a few wires together to get the other buttons to work, and I need to undo it to wire the hold buttons correctly. I think I used one of the wires on the bet 5 coin button that was supposed to goto the hold buttons.  Silly Me!
Thanks,
Bryan
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 07:39:41 AM »

My machine is a flat bartop so it *may* be different, but yes, hold one should be the left-most hold button, corresponding with the left-most card on the monitor.

My machine's butttons in order from left to right are:

Cash Out, Bet 1, Bet [5/Max], Hold 1, Hold 2, Hold 3, Hold 4, Hold 5, Deal/Draw.

The change/service button is located in a weird spot on the machine, and is wired in series after the deal/draw Cash Out button.

The second series of switches is (and this follows the order in the Self Test screen): Deal/Draw, Bet 5 (Max), Bet 1 (Play Credit), Cash Out, Change Request
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 01:26:12 PM by knagl » Logged

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 07:40:29 AM »

I just saw your second post.  Are the other buttons all working/registering correctly?  If so, don't start disconnecting stuff.

AffordableSlots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 08:40:50 AM »

They are working...BUT, I wired 2 wires together to get them to work, and now hold 5 only has 2 wires to connect... not three, so I have to rewire it some how.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2010, 08:56:19 AM »

Re-read my post.  Hold 5 should only have 2 wires.

AffordableSlots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 02:02:34 PM »

applause applause applause Thank You!!! My machine is working great now, Thanks for all your time in helping me out with this. I have just made a donation to the forum, this is a great place for slot techs and slot hobbyists (like Myself) To learn and share info. I hope I can help out someone someday soon.
Thanks again.  Hail

Bryan
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »

Clap Clap Clap Clap

Dancing Party

Congratulations

Glad you got your game working!  Thanks for the dontation, too -- every little bit helps Joey keep this place up and running.

AffordableSlots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 03:22:45 AM »

Thanks again Kevin!!!
 +1 (Karma, or whatever)
Abe Frohman
I fix slightly more stuff than I break
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 04:31:49 PM »

Knagl, that wiring post was phenominal.  I'm headed off to make a donation to the board as soon as I save this post.  THANK YOU!  You saved me hours of screwing around trying to un-frink my buttons.  I could get all but one or two buttons working no matter what I did, which was more frustrating than when they didn't work at all!

Worth mentioning for others out there:  I also had a weird thing where the door retainer cable was broken, and I was letting the door swing all the way open, much wider than normally.  There was no tension of the wiring bundles, but for some reason still the buttons would stop functioning when the door opened too far.  Couldn't find a bad or loose connection of any sort, but whatever - just watch for the door opening too wide.

Thanks again, Knagl!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.