Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 09:35:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Setting Jackpot lockup for SP731
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Setting Jackpot lockup for SP731  (Read 2858 times)
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 62

« on: September 24, 2009, 04:40:25 PM »

I have my winner paid and credit limit set to 1000.  When I get a hit over that it pays from the hopper.  Wrong setting?
I would like to have it lockup when I win over 1000 credits. What am I missing? Scratch Head

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 05:35:19 PM »

Dip Switch 1 and 2 have to be on the "ON" positions....
It'll say on the door sticker or the sticker on your MPU tray...
Do you have a PSR for the SP731 chip?
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 05:44:16 PM »

Switch 1 and 2 in the on position. Yes have the PSR for it . what am I missing?  Had them both set to 9999 for a while,but it takes a LONG time to play off 3000 plus or more credits bust gut laughing
So basically I want it to lock up at 1001 credits arrow

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
jaeckleint
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 06:03:19 PM »

I could be wrong but I think you can only set max hopper pay out that will switch to hand pay when exceeded. In credit mode I don't think you can set a limit. It will just keep racking them up. Scratch Head

Set max hopper pay out to 1. that way when the machine gets to 1000 it will switch to hopper pay and the hopper will go to hand pay after 1 coin Scratch Head Scratch Head  Sound good in theory arrow
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 06:10:12 PM by jaeckleint » Logged
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 06:35:07 PM »

You cannot set the SP731 to do as you wish.  The only way to that would be to set the hopper limit very low like jaeckleint  suggests.  Once you go over the credit limit, it will start to pay off hopper, but after 1 coin, it will go to handpay.  The issue you have is that SP731 does not let you have independent credit limits and hopper limits, as they are one in the same on that chip.  Of course the other issue with setting hopper limit to 1, is that any cash out past 1 will result in a handpay condition.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 06:40:30 PM »

:60-Figures, I know its an older SP.  So if I change dip switch 2 to on that would mean no credits or pays of more than 600?  knockout

rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 06:49:25 PM »

I don't remember off the top of my head, but yes, I believe it's 300, 600, 1000, or set by options

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 04:47:55 AM »

:60-Figures, I know its an older SP.  So if I change dip switch 2 to on that would mean no credits or pays of more than 600?  knockout

I don't remember off the top of my head, but yes, I believe it's 300, 600, 1000, or set by options

Why use the switches? Just leave them on and set the hopper/credit limit (one setting) to whatever you want, which could include a value of 300, 600, or 1000. It's very simple. Any single win over the limit that you set will lock up as a jackpot. Any wins that would take the credit meter over the limit that you set but that are less than the set limit will be paid out immediately from the hopper.

In practice that means that if you have a game theme that tends to hit moderate to large payouts with which you expect to reach your credit limit and possibly then hit another large win, you should set the limit to half the number of coins in your hopper to prevent running out of coins. If you have a limited number of coins in the hopper, do not wish to increase your stash, but want to allow a large number of credits on the machine, you have but one choice: get a newer SP chip.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 04:52:57 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 02:59:51 PM »

Thanks for the help guys Odie
In connection with the Attract music post, I will buy and install a SP1137.  Will this chip allow different lock-up/credit settings?
That would allow me to fix two bugs at once applause

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 03:03:36 PM »

Yes, you'll have more options to play with...
Check you email! You've Got Mail
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.