I got another one. This time an M

(1/4) > >>

jbshocks:
So I picked up another one.  This is an M type.  Boards looked ok the cord was cut off the machine.  I did a little initial clean up and change out the cord.  Powered it on and I was surprised it booted up.  It looks like it sat a bit.  It cycled the seft test, moaned and tilted.  I pulled the reels and noticed one roller suffered the usual crumbling, lucky I had one left from my M+ and in stalled it.  I removed the kickers.  depressed the brake and rolled the motor by hand.  I power cycled and spun but not great.  kept doing this and sometimes it worked some times it didn't.  I loosened the motor and removed the belt and let the motor run on its own.  I let it run a few times to circulated the 25 year old grease in the gear reducer then reinstalled the belt.  The belt got a bit stiff and I think was a little tight.  Now the reset motor and shaft worked perfect.  Next up clean and lube the kicker and reinstall.  A few power cycles and trip the kickers and all looks good.  I put the reels back in and let it self test and the reels spun and tilt.  The M doesn't give you the codes without a jack pot reset key so I guess that I may have a sluggish reel so I removed the reels from the shaft and lubed the needle bearings with a little 3 in 1.  I still had the problem but the reels spun fast so I started to look at kicker wiring and I think I found the problem that sidelined the machine.  The U shaped reel optics have the active components glued in and one of them the glue shrunk and the sensor backed out about 1 mm increasing the air gap.  I pushed it in shut the door and self test passed.  I started playing the machine and coin in handle pull and hopper pay out is working fine.  So far not to bad but all is not exactly right.

The spin button will not spin and the credit button does nothing.   Max bet does nothing either but that may be the result of the credit feature not working.  I rigged some jumpers to jackpot reset to going into programming and if I change a setting it does not stick I also can't change cash credit in options.  Does anyone have any ideas? 

jbshocks:
It polished up better then I thought.

jbshocks:
I fixed the last of the problems other than figuring out programming.  There is a module behind the belly glass that had a loose wire preventing credit mode and the spin buttons.  In some ways the M model is better than the new M+  the M has better music but I think that might be an option.

JOHNNYRES:
Hi JBSHOCKS,
I just joined and hope you can help me. I apparantly have a IGT M three reel slot like yours. When I put quarters in they are returned. message comes up and says "Tilt Call attendant". Can you please offer help on what is wrong and how to fix?
Thank you very much!!!
John

jbshocks:
Is yours an M or M+  can you post a picture with the door closed and open and it will help identify it.  Do the reels attempt to spin at all?  Does the message change when you open and close hte door?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page