Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 02:29:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ gives coins when bill inserted...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ gives coins when bill inserted...  (Read 2355 times)
modessitt
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« on: June 30, 2011, 04:38:16 PM »

So, I have a customer that has 2 S+ slots of the same type, but different titles.  One had a dead battery, so it was replaced.  Wouldn't clear the CMOS, so I did the clear chip (123) and set chip (90).  Slot now works, but when a bill is inserted, it spits out coins instead of keeping them in memory.  If I play it with quarters and win, the win is kept in memory to be played with, so the credit/cashout button is working properly.

Now here's the biggest problem - I didn't have any ones on me, and the DBV didn't like the $5 I had, so the only bill we had to test it with was a $100 bill.  This means that every time I put it in, it would try to spit out 400 quarters.  Seeing as there was only about 100 quarters in it at the time, I had to keep putting quarters back in until it was done.  This happened over and over as I tried to figure this out.

Now, the other slot works just fine.  Credit/Cashout button is lit just like the one I'm messing with.  Put the $100 bill in and it puts 400 credits in the memory.  I put the Set chip into it to check the settings it is at and I got this:

Starts out with 0090 on the readout.

1st push of test button - 0
2nd push - 000
3rd push -  8 1
4th push - 9 1
5th push - 33 37
6th push - 37 (I think)
7th push - 43 (I think)
8th push - 25 (for quarter play)
9th push - resets back to 0090 again.

So, I checked the one I was messing with, made sure it had the exact same settings - and it still doesn't do what I want it to do.  Still accepts the $100 bill and spits out 400 quarters.

So - what am I doing wrong?
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 05:03:55 PM »

It's just a matter of setting the option that puts all bills to credit instead of being paid out from the hopper.  What SP chip is in the game, and do you have the PSR for it?  The PSR explains how to change the option, but we can walk you through if you're not familiar.  Please let us know what SP chip is in the problem machine.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 05:59:01 PM »

So - what am I doing wrong?

Take a look at this thread. Even though it's for a SP1271, the bill to credit option is almost always (if not always) in the same place.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=12179.0
modessitt
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 01:56:03 AM »

Thanks.  Too bad I couldn't find that with my phone when I was searching. (BTW - does this forum do Tapatalk?)

I'll try this next time I'm out there...
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 02:14:09 AM »

BTW - does this forum do Tapatalk?

SMF doesn't by default -- it looks like there is a plugin available, but from what I've read it doesn't exactly look bug free.  I can't speak for Joey (the site owner), but I'd suspect that there would have to be enough demand for him to consider trying to install it.

The site does support WAP, WAP2, and I-MODE -- this post explains how to access that functionality.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.