Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 10:30:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Before and After Restoration Pics
| | |-+  Slot stand, from a non-wood worker
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slot stand, from a non-wood worker  (Read 7966 times)
rickh
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 187

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend.

« on: December 12, 2010, 11:41:13 PM »

Thanks to whomever sent me the photos and measurements of a stand, I finally got one made.

First tho, I modeled it up in ProE, a 3-D CADD program.... it all worked, so I procedded to throw one together quick yesterday. The table I had our slot sitting on was rapidly wobbling more and more.

So, it worked.... it isnt the prettiest, but all I cut with was a battery powered circular saw....

I still have to get some hindges and a knob, then mount the door... its laying in the base of the cabinet for now. Might paint it, or not.... maybe throw a few Harley stickers on it....

At any rate, it works... thanks to whomever sent me the info on it.

* 20101212172251-2.jpg (130.88 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 390 times.)

* 20101212172308-2.jpg (79.08 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 378 times.)

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend. SEE LINK: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14215.0
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 12:59:04 AM »

Well, it didn't collapse when you put the machine on so you're already good to go!

Thanks,
Bill
rickh

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 01:34:24 AM »

ya, that was the first test.... it was not level once we got it set up, so a few wedges did the trick.

Thanks.

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend. SEE LINK: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14215.0
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 10:03:00 PM »

Cover it in black gloss spraypaint and it'll make a huge difference.  Nice work.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Railroad94
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 225

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 10:12:35 PM »

NICE and black gloss would look great.
Don't use the green can in the background,not a big fan of that color when used on a slot stand  Crazy

* gp.jpg (29.09 KB, 168x251 - viewed 682 times.)
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 10:59:36 PM »

I think I know that slot stand.  wave
Post #9 has my .doc attached

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=896.0

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 11:54:26 PM »

I totally love it when members make their own stuff!  yes
Great Job rick!!! applause Clap
rickh

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 12:00:09 PM »

Nope, I wont use the green paint.... you remind me that I have to get rid of all those paint cans someday.....

Yep, I used your plans... excellent and simple... I used my Riobi battery saw for the cuts, and have since landed a nice radial saw that woulda made straighter cuts Smiley

I have since put the door on with a small gate latch to keep it shut. I added a switched outlet on the right side so we can turn it on and off easier. Only thing left is to maybe put some wood filler on over the screws then paint it.... real low on the priority list tho, since it is in the garage Smiley

golflover
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 02:41:55 PM »

I totally love it when members make their own stuff!  yes
Great Job rick!!! applause Clap

Nice job Rick!!!!!  applause  Clap  Hail

Yeah I kinda like my homemade wine  yes
rickh

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 11:21:40 AM »

Funny thing is, I miss calculated how much wood I needed and bought 2 sheets of 3/4" plywood.... when I was done, cutting the peices out, I see that I have an extra sheet (4x8). Well hell, now what. Well.... right befroe xmas, we had a slab leak in the kitchen and it wiped out our island cabinets. In mid January, I took it upon myself to rebuild the island and you guesses it, I used that extra sheet of plywood!

Being a non-wood worker, I even impressed myself... plus now the girls here are happy.

brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 02:38:23 PM »

plus now the girls here are happy.

And that right there is the real bonus... It'll never do to have unhappy women in the house!  WIFE!!! WIFE!!! WIFE!!! WIFE!!! WIFE!!!

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Thanks,
Bill
rickh

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 03:36:46 PM »

The girls did ok, considering.... they did without a kitchen sink over xmas, doing dishes in the bathroom for a week waiting on some company to come rebuild the island. When they didnt show or call, I said F it and made a temporary sink that lasted a few weeks.... then bought what I needed and rebuilt it myself. And you are right, you need happy babes in the kitchen!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.