Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 04:26:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Before and After Restoration Pics
| | |-+  4th of July resto projects
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4th of July resto projects  (Read 19329 times)
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013, 09:15:10 PM »

NEXT IS THE S-SERIES AGAIN CORRECT COIN HEAD ON S-SERIES WITH CORRECT BUTTON STYLE FOR S-SERIES AND CORRECT BUTTON STYLE FOR S+ UP TO 1993. COIN DEFLECTOR ON S-SERIES SAME AS INSTALLED ON EARLY S+ TO ENHANCE SOUND -FOUND IN IGT';S BOOK ON PLAYER ATTRACTION METHODS USED /DEVELOPED -PUT INTO USE .

* IGT 1989 S-SERIES COIN HEAD & BUTTON NLG 8.jpg (1134.57 KB, 2560x1706 - viewed 283 times.)

* S-SERIES 1989 COIN NLG 6 DEFLECTOR.jpg (1094.79 KB, 2560x1706 - viewed 306 times.)

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2013, 09:21:38 PM »

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap
NEW PICTURES 1992 IGT S+ 16 INCH TOP MAIN BOARD MOUNTED ON LEFT SIDE . NOTICE TRANSFORMER COVER IS THE BLACK PLASTIC PIECE IN MIDDLE SO OVERSHOOTING COINS FROM FULL HOPPER DONT START ARC WELDING .
TOOK SS# CHIPS ONLY S & S+ GLASS FIT BOTH--BUTTONS ARE CORRECT UP TO 1993 .WAS WIRED FOR SIDE MOUNT /AKA SIDE CAR DBV I REMOVED WOULD OF BEEN ON OUTSIDE ON RIGHT SIDE UNDER PULL ARM .  

* S+ SERIES TRANSFORMER COVER NLG 3 1992.jpg (880.22 KB, 2560x1706 - viewed 258 times.)

* IGT S+ 1992 LFT SIDE MPU CORRECT BUTTONS 16 INCH NLG 9.jpg (1140.93 KB, 1706x2560 - viewed 304 times.)

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2013, 09:29:05 PM »

NEXT IS 1992 IGT S+ SERIES 16 INCH TOP HONESTLY FORGET THE PICTURES ON THIS ONE HAS CORRECT BUTTONS FOR S & S+ SERIES UP TO 1993 ON BUTTONS --TAKES SS# CHIPS ONLY ---HAS CORECT BUTTONS FOR THE YEAR .NOTICE COVER FOR TRANSFORMER AS  EXPLAINED IN PREVIOUS POST FOR COIN RUNOVER OF FULL HOPPER DONT SPILL ON TRANSFORMER -- HAS BEEN WIRED FOR DBV ON RT SIDE OUTSIDE THE SLOT KNOWN IN  -SLANG SIDE CAR -DBV OR SIDEMOUNT ETC

* 1992 BUTTON & LAYOUT IGT S+.jpg (1078.48 KB, 2560x1706 - viewed 266 times.)

* TRANSFORMER PLASTIC COVER OFF S+ -SERIES 1992 NLG5.jpg (923.85 KB, 2560x1706 - viewed 289 times.)

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2013, 09:42:49 PM »

THATS IT SLUG !!NO MORE PICTURES TONIGHT LOL PLUS ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED IN THE DIFF IN CABINET DESIGNS OF S AND S+ THE S-SERIES PICTURES ARE OF A S-SERIES MADE IN 5-1989 CHOP TOP --

THE S+ IS A 16 INCH IGT S+ MADE IN 1992 4-92 ----NEXT UNIT   THAT I WILL DIG UP A PICTURE OF THE SIDE MOUNT DBV THAT WOULD BE ON OUTSIDE OF SLOT RT SIDE . MAIN BOARD MOUNTED ON LEFT SIDE UNTIL 1993 - CORRECT BUTTONS UP TO  1993

PICTURE IS A DUPICATE OF THE PLASTIC TRANSFORMER COVER OFF ..

SORRY FOR LATE PICTURES BUT THEY ARE THERE ..
MODIFIED SO ACTUALLY THE BUTTONS ON YOUR MACHINE ARE CORRECT FOR 1994 AS I SAID IN EARLIER POST THEY MUST OF BEEN REPLACED -THEY ARE CORRECT 1994 BUTTONS --ITS THE SIDE MOUNTED MAIN BOARD THATS WRONG FOR 1994 THE YEAR ALONG WITH THE IMBEDDED DBV KIT OR A ALTERATION THAT WAS STUCK IN THERE

Rocket

* TRANSFORMER PLASTIC COVER OFF S+ -SERIES 1992 NLG5.jpg (923.85 KB, 2560x1706 - viewed 271 times.)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 10:33:24 PM by ROCKET » Logged

mvco
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2013, 10:54:41 PM »

Rocket,

Cool, another true S and S-Plus guy.  Nice picture show to teach the differences.  I thought i was the only storehouse of knowledge on this era anymore.  Good job.  Love that first photo of the Double Diamond, saw a 3443 written on the reel glass.  Looked it up, yup, RS3443 is a 90% Double Diamond 2 coin chip.  :-) 

The 1994 cabinet is really tripping me up too!  I have also never seen a cabinet after 1994 with the old casting and MPU mounted on the right.

I love this old era of games, probably why I am filled up here with S and early S-Plus games.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2013, 11:44:44 PM »

Thats why if anyone ever asks me the best slot ever made --I always say IGT S-PLUS IT BULLET PROOF --WELL ALMOST . Scratch Head :103-but many new comers asked I told them S+  but they wanted the S2000 with all bells and whistles backlit reels etc machines that talk etc
you can make a s-plus do the same --if you have worked on them .
you cannot beat a igt s-plus --along with the tricks you can do to them . they still are the best machine around .
you can add sounds to them on bonus rounds . you can play with them with haywire chips --custom build one so its half a s+ and half a added video slot just need design thoughts and materials to make it happen ..

plus the cost to buy is dirt now ..

glad you liked the picture show . time for this old boy to hit the crib !!

Rocket out !!

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2013, 04:20:04 PM »

ADDED TWO PICTURES TO KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE

this is the common sidecar/sidemount  DBV added to late late S-series IGT slot uprights and early S+ models up to 1993 also uprights
located on the right side of slot outside under the pull arm .. i just placed this one next to it for demonstration purposes
if you have a cabinet with four holes on rt side under pull arm you will know why now ..
they ran the JCM 145 in most cases .  same deal a set chip was used to enable it .

Rocket

* SIDECAR DBV NLG1.jpg (1129.71 KB, 2560x1706 - viewed 293 times.)

* SIDEMOUNT DBV NLG 3.jpg (914.67 KB, 2560x1706 - viewed 299 times.)

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2013, 04:29:55 PM »

SLAM :
IF YOU NEED THE DIMENSIONS OF THE PLASTIC COVER FOR THE TRANSFORMER THAT YOU SEEM TO BE MISSING ON TRIPLE DIAMOND  ?
I JUST TRACED MINE ON PIECE OF PAPER WITH SPECS --VERY HIGH TECH !!! rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao
SO YOU CAN CUT ONE OUT OF SHEET PLASTIC OR THICK RUBBER MATT SO COIN SPILL OVER FROM HOPPER DOES NOT
START MACHINE ON FIRE OR TYPICAL COIN TOKEN ARC WELDING -BLOWN FUSES BLOWN BOARDS ETC .

* TRANSFORMER PROTECTOR DIM NLG 1.jpg (498.22 KB, 2560x1706 - viewed 270 times.)

* NLG S+ SERIES 1992 TRANSFORMER COVER NLG 5.jpg (923.85 KB, 2560x1706 - viewed 289 times.)

Slam

Total Karma Storms: 12

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2013, 08:44:13 PM »

SLAM :
IF YOU NEED THE DIMENSIONS OF THE PLASTIC COVER FOR THE TRANSFORMER THAT YOU SEEM TO BE MISSING ON TRIPLE DIAMOND  ?
I JUST TRACED MINE ON PIECE OF PAPER WITH SPECS --VERY HIGH TECH !!! rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao
SO YOU CAN CUT ONE OUT OF SHEET PLASTIC OR THICK RUBBER MATT SO COIN SPILL OVER FROM HOPPER DOES NOT
START MACHINE ON FIRE OR TYPICAL COIN TOKEN ARC WELDING -BLOWN FUSES BLOWN BOARDS ETC .

Thank you for the technical data on that cover Smiley  I really enjoyed the pics of the diff machines, Its neat to see how they progressed.
Slam

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2013, 04:10:21 PM »

The Red White & Blue is finally complete. I'm pretty happy with the outcome of it, although there are a few little touch-ups that need to be done. Redoing the glow in the dark graphics on the belly glass was prob the most difficult part of resto. Just happy to be done with it so I can move on to the Triple D.

* red white & blue complete 001.JPG (661.68 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 290 times.)

* red white & blue complete 002.JPG (594.65 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 318 times.)
Forrhouse
Manufacturing Equipment & Parts to Keep Slots that are No Longer Supported by the Manufacturer running.
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 252

Life is too short, live, love and have a good time

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2013, 04:21:57 PM »

Amazing Job! K+

How did you redo the glow in the dark stuff on the belly?

E~
Slam

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2013, 08:21:06 PM »

Amazing Job! K+

E~
Scanned the belly plate, printed it out on label paper, cut out the the letters & stars, peeled off the backing, stuck it to the plate & spray painted it with glow in the dark paint. Easy as pie, just a bit time consuming.
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2013, 08:27:56 PM »

Amazing Job! K+

E~
Scanned the belly plate, printed it out on label paper, cut out the the letters & stars, peeled off the backing, stuck it to the plate & spray painted it with glow in the dark paint. Easy as pie, just a bit time consuming.

Outstanding job and outstanding patience/detail.  I always spray the back side of the glass with Valspar frosting if the frosting has been damaged on the front side.  Comes out really nice, but I commend you on your method.  Looks awesome!

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2013, 08:50:55 PM »

Really nice work!
Nothing more gratifying than restoring a rusty whipped out slot back to it's original luster or better!
Slam

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2013, 10:25:54 PM »

Amazing Job! K+

E~

Outstanding job and outstanding patience/detail.  I always spray the back side of the glass with Valspar frosting if the frosting has been damaged on the front side.  Comes out really nice, but I commend you on your method.  Looks awesome!

Jason
Thank you. A friend of mine recommended frosting the backside. After looking at one he had done, It just seemed to lack depth compared to     stenciling & painting the outside. Guess I'm a little too picky Smiley 
Slam

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2013, 10:26:53 PM »

Really nice work!
Nothing more gratifying than restoring a rusty whipped out slot back to it's original luster or better!
Thats the truth Cheesy     Thank you.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2013, 10:37:17 AM »

SLAM :
on reply #32 I posted the (((((HIGH TECH)))))) METHOD OF TECHINACAL DRAFTING that I learned in trade school back 37-38 years ago ?? .. a little rusty from not doing it . there should be a top plastic cover above the MID SHIP cover in picture . most every slot that I had pass through for service or sale was missing this cover completely .
all had a piece of common quack quack tape aka DUCT TAPE across the top . so the over shooting coin /token from a full hopper or fast coin etc would not hit back wall of slot and fall between metal cabinet and end up again on the transformer wires or contacts
resulting in same "arc welding" affect .
if I do find a original cover ?? in the parts dept . I will follow up with a picture of all the items that should be in there proper place .

if you want to get real high tech lol --You can print up little decals saying final inpection  by no.7 Gloria .
and place those on reel baskets - mother board - main board - pull arm - under the candle -on side of hopper
etc . then add one to coin head that says inspected by no. 12 -Bill -- so it looks like it was a combined effort male/female in inspection from IGT  then of course place the machine on ebay saying 100% original with inspection stickers  asking price  9999.99

CommTech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 251

Joe

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2013, 10:59:45 PM »

Rocket - Very nice pictorial History of the S series and early S+ machines!  applause  I had never really had a good look at an S series before.  Very interesting that the coin head had a coin return button on it!  +1 (Karma, or whatever)

Slam - You are a Miracle worker! I would never have believed that the Old rusted machine you showed early in the post would ever be able to live again, let alone be restored in such pristine condition! Amazing!  Hail  +1 (Karma, or whatever)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.