Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:35:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  S6000 - need to clear? Doesn't work...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S6000 - need to clear? Doesn't work...  (Read 4182 times)
modessitt
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« on: January 31, 2012, 03:51:11 PM »

Have a customer with two S6000's - one a 3-reel and one a 4-reel.  He bought some clear chips (Bally 6000 U28 and U43 from 2001) and tried to do it but couldn't get anything to work.  I found one battery to be good and one battery to be bad, and I replaced the bad one (3-reel) with a new one.

I went out and looked at them.  Tried to do the clear procedures - with dip #1 of SW1 on and off - using both the partial (don't hold buttons) and full (hold test and pseudo coin) and it doesn't do a damn thing.  Nothing shows up on the displays - no CH P or CL P or anything. 

Put the game roms back in and powered up. 

The 3-reel game now comes up with 88FF Err on the readouts and that's it.  I tried the clear procedure multiple times and it's not doing what I expect it to do.  I even watched a YouTube video on my phone of a guy doing the partial clear on what looks like the same machine, and this one isn't doing what that one does.

Here's the youtube video:  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fJ-yRz4AnYc&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/fJ-yRz4AnYc&rel=0</a>

The 4-reel game has no change after the clear attempt.  When you turn it on, there is a 275 in the Paid display, the Win display shows 4.0. then  5.0. on an alternating basis while the door is open.  Closing the door changes it to 4.0. and 5.2. alternating.  Have no idea what this refers to.

Both games do NOT have tickets in them.  I'm guessing perhaps that at least one of these games may be trying to pay out, but can't because the ticket hopper is empty?  Does there need to be tickets in for them to work?  And where would we get said tickets?

I'm much more proficient with IGT's, and usually only work on games with hoppers and coin/token payouts, so I'm not sure what the issues are here.  Not sure if the guy got the right clear chips either.

Anyone have some insight for me?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 04:02:23 PM by modessitt » Logged
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 04:51:49 PM »

Are you sure your clear chips are good?
Are they leave in clear chips or the kind you put in & take out?
If they are leave in chips you put dip switch 1 # 8 on & do clear.
turn off machine & turn #8 off, turn machine on & do your setup
modessitt

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 07:52:28 PM »

I have no idea.  The guy who bought them received no instructions whatsoever.  I looked in the S6000 manual I had at the shop for the clear procedure.

I tried it by putting in the chips, turning on sw1 #8, powering up with buttons both pushed (full clear) and not pushed (partial clear) and got nothing on the displays.  Tried it with sw1 #8 off, also, but nothing different...
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 08:19:10 PM »

If you are doing a partial clear you don not hold any buttons in.

When you put in clear chip ( if that's what you have) Hold the test & pseudo button in & KEEP IN WHILE YOU TURN MACHINE ON. HOLD UNTIL FRONT BUTTONS FLASH. Than turn off & replace the mains you took out. leave #8 on. & turn on with door open. Do your setup
Make sure you have notches in correct. If you put them in wrong they are done.
If it doesn't work I'd say your clear chips are no good.
modessitt

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 03:23:14 AM »

Thanks for the response, but this isn't my first rodeo.  I did all that and nothing happens.  of course, the owner supposedly tried as well and may have but chips in backwards, but he bought two sets and one was unopened, so I tried it with those.  The lights do not blink, nothing pops up on the display.  It doesn't matter if I try the clear method holding the buttons or not...
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 06:07:15 AM »

modesitt,
Would you have another MPU to try those chips in to see if they were burned correctly - should they NOT be OEM chip?
modessitt

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 10:39:07 PM »

There are two of these things - with what look to be the same MPU.  Not sure if the there is any difference between a 3-reel and 4-reel besides the ROM program.

BUT - I tried both sets of clear chips in both MPU's, and didn't get the desired result with either.

I don't have the machines at the shop, and the customer is trying to spend as little money as possible to try to get these ready to sell.  Considering he bought them this way for $80 each, he may just have to sell them this way since he doesn't want to spend any more money...
paul
paul
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 12:37:37 AM »

Do you have a red flashing lite on the board or solid
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.