Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:31:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators.
| | |-+  JCM DBV-series transport just clicking
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: JCM DBV-series transport just clicking  (Read 3874 times)
wrongdon
« on: June 08, 2011, 10:09:19 AM »

I have a Dbv-45 and when i power on the slot it just goes , click , click , click .............
And the lights inside the head blink with every click . I have tried a 200 head with the
same result . I swapped a different transport into the slot and it worked fine . I can turn
the transport gears but it is no easy task .Is it safe to say the motor is fried and i should
just buy another transport ? Or is there some miracle cure ?
Thanks.
Don
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 11:33:33 AM »

I'm wondering what machine this is installed in...
anyways, it really sounds like you have a power supply dying out perhaps.
Can you show us a pic of your power supply?
There are 2 different kinds, one was made for the DBV-145 and some people tried using a DBV-200 with it.
There's not enough juice with the older power supplies to run the DBV-200's.

Was this DBV working before in this machine?
Or did this "clicking" sound just start happening?
wrongdon
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 12:02:13 PM »

This is installed in a IGT S+ Harrahs Double Double . It is an IGT round top cabinet .
This machine has never worked for me , it is a clunker i am bringing back to life .
It came to me with this transport and the DBV-45 head , and up until last night
it would cycle normally upon power up . I used the set chip to enable the  bv and
that was it , no more cycling , just clicking . I am sure it is just ironic that it died as
i was using the set chip.
  I have been using my slant top Double Diamond as a test bed for parts for this
machine .It has a 200 head . The 45 head and 200 head work in The Double
Diamond with the Double Diamond transport . If i install the Harrahs transport it
just clicks as it does in the other machine . So i put the Double Diamond in the
Harrahs and it cycles normally and works .
I will snap some pictures of the power supply soon .
Thank you
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 12:20:32 PM »

A member said here once that the gears on the back of the transport carrier
won't mesh sometimes because of some metal in the back that's in the way.
However, yours was working....so....

I wonder if it just needs to be re-seated fully into the back of the carrier so the gears mesh well?
The clicking could also just be some dirty pins on the connection plugs.

The pins get oxidized over time and need to be cleaned with some de-oxit spray for a more sound electrical conductivity.
Shake the connector plugs around with the door open and see if that brings some life into your DBV?
wrongdon
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 01:13:57 PM »

Thanks for the tips . If all else fails i found a transport for $15.00 to replace it if need be .
Here is a pic of the power supply , from what i have read it must be the 200 one as it has
the slots in it , Hard to get a good pic with all the stuff in the way .

* 100_0800.JPG (508.2 KB, 1533x2155 - viewed 292 times.)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 01:23:19 PM »

I've never had one not move at all, but I've had noisy ones I've quieted down using a little 3in1 oil on all the gears and grommets that support the shafts. Maybe a little oil will help you, couldn't hurt, doesn't work anyway. Have you looked at all the gears to see if you have a chipped tooth? That's a possibility to.
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 03:58:39 PM »

Have you looked at all the gears to see if you have a chipped tooth? That's a possibility to.

Yep, that last one that engages the cash can can get broken teeth easily and will make it 'click' as it slips on the next gear in the transport chain.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 04:26:06 PM »

Just for grins, switch the cash cans.  Scratch Head Scratch Head

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
wrongdon
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 05:38:57 PM »

Ok , i have checked all gears and the teeth are good. I took the can from the troubled machine
and installed it in my good machine with good transport and 200 head . It is a real groaner i tell
ya. But it does get the job done. I don't think i like it though , i will blow it out and see if i can't
lube it up some .
The troubled transport when it clicks it is the sound of it powering on and just as everything starts
to engage it powers off. It sounds just like one of the counters counting. I am pretty convinced the
motor is burned up , probably from struggling with the groaning can .
I think i will pick up a better can if i can't free this one up better and replace the transport as well .
AnotherTech
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 08:35:31 PM »

I have a Dbv-45 and when i power on the slot it just goes , click , click , click .............
And the lights inside the head blink with every click . I have tried a 200 head with the
same result . I swapped a different transport into the slot and it worked fine . I can turn
the transport gears but it is no easy task .Is it safe to say the motor is fried and i should
just buy another transport ? Or is there some miracle cure ?
Thanks.
Don

If it works with a different transport, then the transport is bad.  Get the $15 transport you mentioned and be done with it.

Cleaning out the cash can is also a good idea.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.