Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:31:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators.
| | |-+  DBV 145 - It takes in and spits out ones.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DBV 145 - It takes in and spits out ones.  (Read 12098 times)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« on: May 11, 2012, 02:00:21 PM »

I know you all told me to S.C. my DBV 145 but, thanks to a great member here, I got a replacement DBV 145, DBV 200 and a transport for a deal (Thanks Eric!). I really want my IGT S plus Double Diamond Deluxe 5 cent machine to take DOLLARS and that would be fine. The problem is that the BV takes the money in for a second or so, then spits it out. I've checked MPU settings, DIP settings, etc... The BV is enabled. When the replacement came in, I swapped out the head and got the same thing. Then I swapped out the transport and got the same thing. I've swapped out the cash can with a known working one. Everything seems like it's on and enabled. I cleaned the hell out of my original BV and transport. Everything looks clean. The replacement looks clean.
Am I missing something obvious? Scratch Head
I do have the DBV 200 and the power supply (Thanks to Mark for the PS and other parts). I could just stick that in and see what happens but it just BOTHERS me that I can't get the 145 to work.
If I do, are there any other settings to change for the 145 to 200 swap, other than the power supply?
Am I being a jackass? I really want the 200 for another machine and the 145 for my nickel machine.  hissy fit
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 02:49:27 PM »

at this point, I would just get the machine working FIRST. meaning accepting bills. swapping out the 145 to the 200 is easy, change the head on the transport, all plugs are the same,  hang the new power supply along side the old one and connect the wires.  you should be able to test. 

normally when the unit accepts a bill, holds it for a few seconds and returns it, indicates that the IDO is not right(sometimes the insert coin lamp will blink as an indicator to the wrong IDO) ,.

so swap to the 200  get the machine to work first then go back and try the 145 heads, (you will not have to change back to the original power supply to do this.

here are the settings for the 145.  http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=18286.msg152396;topicseen

hope this helps

Jim     

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 04:16:00 PM »

I don't recall if we checked this before, but check your credit limits. If for some reason they are set to 0 or lower then the number of credits a dollar is set to give,  the BV would take the bill just long enough to see that it would put you over the limit and then reject it. But as Jim said, most likely a IDO issue.

Another advantage to the 200 head is that it has more self test options that let you check for bill acceptance without needing to communicate with the machine.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 11:47:38 PM »

I checked the credit limit and it was set at 9999. I checked my wiring at both ends. So...I put in the DBV200 head. To my surprise I already had the vented PS in there! So now I have an extra....thanks again Mark...I will need it for my Money Storm anyway, when I replace that DBV145 eventually.
I installed the new head and the same thing happens: bill in, sits there for a second and spits out.
Do I have to "re-enable" the BV? The DIP settings were all OFF...did I goof up there?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:54:44 PM by shortrackskater » Logged
poppo

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 12:04:24 AM »

The DIP settings were all OFF...did I goof up there?

Flip DIP swith #10 on and try again. You have to power cycle it when you do.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 12:37:00 AM »

Bill goes in, bill comes out.
Should I try my replacement transport just for the heck of it? It all sounds "good" like nothing is jamming but I'm still not the experienced.
poppo

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 12:41:53 AM »

Do you have a clear chip? Someone once said that they had the same problem, and that is what it took to get it working. At this point you have nothing to lose if you already have a clear chip.  Or try the other power supply just for the heck of it.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 12:50:17 AM »

I do have the clear chip...completely forgot the procedure. It was written out on another thread...I've been printing all this stuff and that's one I didn't do yet! I may try the PS first.
poppo

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 12:57:02 AM »

I do have the clear chip...completely forgot the procedure.  

Just stick it in like a set chip and press the test button. The display should count up a couple of times. Put the game chip back in and clear any errors. Then put the set chip in to re-enable the BV and set the denomination. May still have to try it with DIP switch both on and off.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 01:13:38 AM »

I swapped out the PS and no change...didn't work at first, but then I ran a jumper from ground to one of the screws on the "hanging" power supply and it come on.
I'll try the clear set thing although this may take some time...I've only done that once after I replaced the battery on the MPU but never used a clear chip.
I think I can do this. With the clear chip, will it just count up and stop? When do I know to remove it and put in the set chip? I'm sorry if these are repeat question.
poppo

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 01:20:04 AM »

I think I can do this. With the clear chip, will it just count up and stop? When do I know to remove it and put in the set chip? I'm sorry if these are repeat question.

It will just count up like twice and stop. It will be pretty clear (no pun intened) when it's done. It only takes like 15 seconds or so.

But after the clear, put the game chip back in first and clear the errors. THEN put the set chip in. Until you put the game chip in, the EEPROM and CMOS won't have any data yet.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 02:27:31 AM »

Sorry had to step out...
After the clear, and putting the game chip back in, how do I clear those errors?
JCM Tech
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 05:04:24 AM »

You can test the DBV-200 in stand alone mode to see if it's the validator. Just turn on the number 6 Dip switch on the second set of switches (6 pack) then apply power and then turn Dip 6 off. The BV should cycle and accept bills without the stacker. If you  want to test with the stacker, turn on number 1 on the same Dip switch pack and leave it on when you turn number 6 off. That will test the BV with the stacker.
poppo

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 08:59:01 AM »

Sorry had to step out...
After the clear, and putting the game chip back in, how do I clear those errors?

http://www.newlifegames.net/igterrors/

poppo

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 09:02:09 AM »

You can test the DBV-200 in stand alone mode to see if it's the validator.

Since this is the third head (and second transport) doing the exact same thing, I would bet that it will probably pass that test and there is something else going on. 
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2012, 02:31:17 AM »

Haven't done anything yet but wanted to give more information that may be important, that I forgot!  Duh!
Back when I bought this a few weeks ago, the MPU battery was dead. I replaced it but never did a ram clear. I just put in the set chip and checked to see if the BV was enabled, which it was. Then I put the game chip back in and did the settings adjustments (hopper limit, credit limit, etc). The DBV had not cycled before but, at this point, it powered up and cycled but did what it's doing now...bill in, whirr for one second, bill out.
Should I have done the ram clear after I changed the battery?
I was about to do that now but thought I'd post this first. The DBV 200 is still in.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 02:47:12 AM »

You can test the DBV-200 in stand alone mode to see if it's the validator. Just turn on the number 6 Dip switch on the second set of switches (6 pack) then apply power and then turn Dip 6 off. The BV should cycle and accept bills without the stacker. If you  want to test with the stacker, turn on number 1 on the same Dip switch pack and leave it on when you turn number 6 off. That will test the BV with the stacker.

Do you mean just hold it outside the cabinet? I've never worked with BV's before until now.
poppo

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 11:31:54 AM »

Do you mean just hold it outside the cabinet? I've never worked with BV's before until now.

There are two tests that you can do with the BV head. One tests without the stacker and one with it. If you are going to run the test, might as well run the one with the stacker. For that one, you start with DIP switch #1 & #6 on (on the smaller bank of DIP switches) when you power up. After you power up, you flip the switches off and put the head back on and you can then insert bills and it should take them all the way into the cash box.

Note: you must have power applied through this process. In other words you can't power up the machine with the switches on and unplug the head to turn them off, you need to just tilt the head up enough so you can flip the switches off while it's still plugged in. If you power down, you have to start over.

As for the clear chip after the battery change, you should not have to run it. But sometimes people get stuck in 61 loop, so then there is no choice. Since it seems we have tried everything else, it won't hurt to run it now. It just means you will have to set anything you have customized from the defaults back again (i.e. hopper limits etc) besides having to use the set chip again to re-enable the BV and set the denomination.

And  You've Got Mail
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 11:38:41 AM by poppo » Logged
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 02:28:12 AM »

Okay I grew some bal*s and did a ram clear, set the denomination and enabled the BV. Put my game chip back in and got a WORKING BV! Now I'll configure the rest.  applause
 - something else came back to life: the credit/cash option button. I wanted that to work before but couldn't enable it either. Works now.
Theoretically, can I just pop the 145 back in and it should work...right?
thanks !!!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 02:42:37 AM by shortrackskater » Logged
poppo

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 02:31:13 AM »

Theoretically, can I just pop the 145 back in and it should work...right?

Yes, as long as the 145 is working and is the right IDO.

Glad you got it working.  applause
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 02:59:10 AM »

Popped in the 145 and it works fine now! And now I've got a spare 145 and transport and a 200 to put in my quarter Money Storm, or to put back in my DDD if I change it to quarters. I think, for now, I'll just work on installing the cool scrolling display.
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 04:18:41 AM »

Congratulations Sometimes it just takes some BRASS ONES! Clap rotflmao bust gut laughing
 +1 (Karma, or whatever) for you sticking with it, and everyone else for helping!

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 05:29:21 AM »

I second that, to all!  +1 (Karma, or whatever)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2012, 03:23:40 AM »

While you're all still here...a quick question.
A "soft" one dollar bill got stuck inside my transport. I fished it out, then, later,  another one (worn but not too bad) got stuck inside. I fished that one out. Then the BV kept alternating like it was ready, then not. It just sort of stuck in a "whirrrrrEEEEEEEwhirrrrrrrEEEEEEEEwhirrrrrrrEEEEEEEEE" cycle. The machine would still take nickels. I took the head/transport out and inspected it. Didn't see anything unusual. I put it back in and now it's back to working fine and I removed the more worn bills from the cash box.
I noticed that this transport makes more of a "sssssssssssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" sound when it takes bills, while the transport on my other S plus does not. The other one also took ALL my worn bills, including the supersoft ones!
I have a spare transport, but is it difficult and/or recommended to replace the belts in the transport from time to time?
Of course, this unit was not used for a long time and I'm thinking that maybe just a piece of "bill crap" got stuck in a optic sensor!
Any thoughts?
Is there a manual for the transport? It doesn't look that difficult to disassemble.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2012, 03:57:32 AM »

One thing when you re insert the transport into the machine reach back on the left side and gently press the transport down.
Sometimes when you remove and re-install the transport will not drop down all the way in the back.
I would try to flip the lever down when removing and up once fully installed as well when I had a S+ with a DBV.
I also know that JCM or others may have recommended cleaning the belts and using something on them to make them last and work better but I cant remember what it is.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.