Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:00:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  **Reel Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  Slot machine lifting and moving
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slot machine lifting and moving  (Read 27551 times)
dpalmi
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 02:21:42 AM »

Dpalmi,
I see you have that slot laying on its' side.  Did you have to take the speaker off? I'm thinking with the machine laid on its' side, I could get two between the wheel wells of my Rav4.

The HF lift would seem to make it relatively painless once out of the vehicle but how difficult is it moving 250 pounds in and out of a vehicle?

Hi,

Obviously handle side up.  What I did was take some bubble wrap and roll it so it was thicker than the speaker was tall and then put that under the side of the machine and tapped it in place.  That way the machine is actually resting on the bubble wrap, not the speaker.  I suppose you could use any kind of soft material like foam or blankets.  Again, it's just so the weight isn't on the speaker itself and more on the side of the machine.  Those speakers are only plastic and they scratch up easy - so care should be taken.  You can always remove the speakers as well - take the top glass out and then each speaker is four screws and a quick disconnect cable.  My van is low enough that I can get machines in and out by myself by first tilting them in and then lifting from the bottom.  It helps to lay them on a blanket of some kind so they slide easy once in the vehicle.

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2014, 02:23:14 AM »

Yep, if you remove the speaker they travel well on their side. Be careful to remove the hopper and any coins also. Moving 250 pounds depends on the person. I don't have an issue with it as far as loading and unloading or from a stand to the floor, but deadlifting to a stand or actually carrying it becomes more difficult. If you read my earlier post the tip and slide for transport works well
CVslots
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2014, 02:52:05 AM »

Leverage and lubrication...(not to sound nasty), but now that I have your attention! Anything, a blanket, cardboard, or anything to facilitate sliding....that's all that is needed. Watched tons of people try and manhandle machines, when actually, the machines weight will do most of the work if you just let the leverage do it for you..

Our 15-yr old daughter can load a machine in the back of a pickup...just saying....it's technique more than muscle...

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.