Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:03:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  **Reel Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  Slot machine lifting and moving
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slot machine lifting and moving  (Read 27583 times)
dug
« on: May 09, 2011, 10:17:14 PM »

I did a quick search for a thread about the best way to move slots and didn't have much luck.  I would imagine there has to be one so if someone can give a link that would be great, but otherwise, how do you move and lift your slots.  I've seen there is a slot hand truck with a hydraulic lift but I suspect those aren't cheap.  I saw the one below at harbor freight for $160 and thought it would work.  Any ideas or suggestions otherwise?

http://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capacity-hydraulic-lift-table-94822.html 
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 10:26:46 PM »

That is what I've been using for 1 1/2 yr. It comes to 9 in. off floor. I use a hand dolly to put slot on the cart.
Ford
Tilt
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 10:28:24 PM »

There's a few people here who have bought and use the harbor freight lift and seem to like them.  I use a two wheel dolly to get them around, then have my neighbor help me lift them up on the stand.  If I get impatient I'll remove some weight from the slot (mpu tray, hopper, coin tray, top glass, bill validator, cash can, etc) and lift it up myself.  I try not to do that too often though.
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 10:34:33 PM »

That is what I've been using for 1 1/2 yr. It comes to 9 in. off floor. I use a hand dolly to put slot on the cart.
Ford

I have a bad back & I do it myself. It is real nice for working on machine. You can put it to whatever height you want.
DO NOT put rubber mat on lift, it will be hard to slide machine to table.
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 10:36:57 PM »

I use that but when I need to move a slot for a party, I dis assemble it completely, door and all and it is easy for 1 person to load and move, about 1/2 hr for dis assembly and 1/2 to re assemble.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
Tilt

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 10:49:44 PM »

I've never removed a S2K door, but it doesn't look like a lot of fun to me.  I guess I'll find out before long when I remove one to paint the ugly color cabinet I have on my Big Times Pay. 
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 10:51:07 PM »

3 connections: the door I/O card, plus 2 other wires that go inside, not complex.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
Tilt

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 10:58:24 PM »

Thanks Reho.  I guess it looks tougher than it is then. 
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 11:28:02 PM »

I've used a ATV/Motorcycle hydraulic lift. But only because I already had it.
dug
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 12:13:01 AM »

Good to hear the Harbor Freight lift will do the job and thanks for the tip about not using the mat.  I used my pinball dolly to lift one (because that was all I had) and while it worked it was less than ideal for sure. 
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 12:43:03 AM »

I've had the same cart from Harbor Freight for over a yr now, and it works flawlessly... i like to use mine to work on my machines. I can adjust it to a comfortable working height...

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 12:51:46 AM »

I use the harbor freight lift and just tip the machine back to get it from the floor to the lift. They usually put those on sale once or twice a year for about $100
rilaw
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 17

An Addiction:)

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 12:53:38 AM »

I use a dolly to move, then sucker a friend into helping me lift  Tongue Out
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 01:00:11 AM »

They usually put those on sale once or twice a year for about $100

And there is ALWAYS a 20% off one item coupon available either on-line or in magazines.
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 75

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 01:06:20 AM »

I got this one for $100.00 at Checker auto parts about a year ago.

It has paid for itself numerous times !

my wife is EXTREAMLY happy that I got it  applause  Im sure she was getting tired

of helping me move these things around all the time!   Tongue Out 

Plus it is a great adjustable work bench! 

* sigma wild 7s.jpg (573.95 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 942 times.)
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 62

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 01:13:43 AM »

I also have the HF model and I wouldn't trade for it.  I have worked out a method that lets me lever it up on the platform from a 2 wheel dolly, slide it into place and I'm good to go.  yes
The wife wouldn't even consider helping me move one of my machines  no  no   And they are great to lift up higher to work on.  The old bad back aint what it use to be,it's worse!  bawling

I even use mine to move my Blacksmiths anvils, which are a good bit heavier than a Slot  Crazy

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
tollguy316
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 01:31:23 AM »

I have the same one from HF and it works great.  $159 might be a bit high as you can always get them on sale . There is a 20% off coupon in most Sunday paper ads.  I got mine for $98 ( day after Thanksgiving sale ).   
dug
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 11:00:06 PM »

I picked up a lift table from Harbor Freight today (with a 20% off coupon) and have to agree with everyone that it really does work well. 

Thanks for the good advice! 

reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 11:23:35 PM »

Yea, using mine as a stand right now until I get another stand...

Simple Sam
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2014, 11:07:24 PM »

I have some questions that related to this; how do you move them from where you purchased them? 

What I mean is, if you don't have a pick up or a trailer, how do you get them home?  I have a small SUV (Toyota Rav4) which is the most likely candidate for moving a slot machine but it is not tall enough to put a slot machine in standing up.  I'm thinking of an IGT S2000; can you safely lay them on their back?  How about on their (non-pull handle) side? I'm assuming that they are built pretty solid given the weight.

How difficult is it to load one (or two!) into and out of a vehicle?  It seems like quite a challenge given the weight.  Thanks!
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 11:33:03 PM »

I have some questions that related to this; how do you move them from where you purchased them?  

What I mean is, if you don't have a pick up or a trailer, how do you get them home?  I have a small SUV (Toyota Rav4) which is the most likely candidate for moving a slot machine but it is not tall enough to put a slot machine in standing up.  I'm thinking of an IGT S2000; can you safely lay them on their back?  How about on their (non-pull handle) side? I'm assuming that they are built pretty solid given the weight.

How difficult is it to load one (or two!) into and out of a vehicle?  It seems like quite a challenge given the weight.  Thanks!

Ask Bunker,
He has a picture of like 3 machines in a Subaru.

It looked something like this

* Bunker.jpg (25.37 KB, 576x387 - viewed 547 times.)

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
SlotFreak
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 18

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 11:33:37 PM »

What I mean is, if you don't have a pick up or a trailer, how do you get them home?  I have a small SUV (Toyota Rav4) which is the most likely candidate for moving a slot machine but it is not tall enough to put a slot machine in standing up.  I'm thinking of an IGT S2000; can you safely lay them on their back?  How about on their (non-pull handle) side? I'm assuming that they are built pretty solid given the weight.

How difficult is it to load one (or two!) into and out of a vehicle?  It seems like quite a challenge given the weight.  Thanks!

I have a full size suv (escalade) and can easily transport a normal size slot machine.  My suv was able to hold my bally alpha machine with the cash wheel and that machine is a whopping 6'5" on the ground.  The actual loading it into the truck usually requires 2 people if you dont want to throw your back out.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 11:49:45 PM »

If the machine is to tall to fit in the back with the seat down you can remove the top box, usually with a Phillips head screwdriver, and slide them in side by side. I put a Monte Carlo in the back seat of my Ridgeline to get it home from Morespeeds house in TX. It was an 850 mile trip across 4 illegal states and I didn't want it seen, lol. I've put them in the back seat to come home from Kirk's house in Vegas when the bed was full too, split them all down and stacked together for low profile in the wind. Another 850 mile trip yes Now I ship. A good tip also is that if it will fit into your Rav 4 in one piece you can lay it back against the vehicle, preferably on a blanket, then just lift and slide, that's how I get them into my pickup when I'm just hauling one or two at a time
dpalmi

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2014, 01:56:12 AM »

FYI - you can fit four IGT S2000 machines in the back of a Dodge Grand Caravan.

The Wave The Wave

Dan #2

* 6.jpg (119.62 KB, 800x600 - viewed 665 times.)

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

Simple Sam
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2014, 02:13:18 AM »

Dpalmi,
I see you have that slot laying on its' side.  Did you have to take the speaker off? I'm thinking with the machine laid on its' side, I could get two between the wheel wells of my Rav4.

The HF lift would seem to make it relatively painless once out of the vehicle but how difficult is it moving 250 pounds in and out of a vehicle?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.