Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:06:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  EBay and other online auction sites news and info.
| |-+  Craigs List (Moderator: Brianzz)
| | |-+  Is it worth the gamble?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it worth the gamble?  (Read 9964 times)
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« on: April 15, 2011, 03:09:18 PM »

http://columbus.craigslist.org/vgm/2326448529.html

I emailed him and he said the bill validator is in the machine. He said the previous owners had an unsafe electrical hookup to the machine and it would start up but he didn't know how to make it work. I don't know much about the game in it but it might be worth the gamble as a fun project to get it working.

Anybody think its worth $30ish?
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 03:15:35 PM »

I don't think that you can go wrong. I know I'd grab it.
Ford
tollguy316
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 04:34:04 PM »

I'd go ahead and try the $30 ofer that you mentioned.  But even at $50 you can't go wrong as the glass and strips alone would probably sell for  $30-$40....
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »

Go for it.  Worst case it needs a new power supply and/or motherboard and/or MPU board.  You should be able to get all of those parts for less than $100 (total).  I'd jump on it, if nothing else to fix it up and re-sell it.

Edited to add a picture of the ad for future reference when the ad gets deleted.

* columbus_craigslist.PNG (467.84 KB, 819x771 - viewed 346 times.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 08:02:11 PM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 07:57:53 PM »

I emailed him back and I'm supposed to head up Sunday to take a look at it. I thought it was a decent deal but wanted to get some idea from the experts  applause
Brianzz
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 10:10:29 PM »

He said it's in the basement, tell him it'll be $2 off for every step you have to drag it up  bust gut laughing
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 11:00:05 PM »

Too bad it's not closer to the Michigan/Ohio border. I'd take a chance of it for $50. but at almost $4.00 a gallon for gas, it's just too far to drive... hissy fit

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 11:48:29 PM »

If you can disassemble it, it will be really easy to move, no hand truck required. This is what I do when I need to move a machine and have no help.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 12:00:07 AM »

For that price I'd get it out one way or another.
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 12:01:59 AM »

Yeah I'm heading up from the KY/Ohio border so its a haul for me as well. Luckily I'm originally from columbus so I'll make a weekend of it and see some friends and play some disc golf while I'm up there.

I'll have friends come help me move it so it won't be bad. We moved 2 slant tops that weighed a ton, that one will be a piece of cake.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 01:00:34 AM »

I'd want to be sure they didn't sell it out from under me before I made the drive up. i can't tell you how many times something like that has happened to me...

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 02:06:37 AM »

Paypal him the $50 bucks...it's well worth it!  yes
Take the glass and hopper out and I can carry that on my shoulders no problem... Tongue Out
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 05:35:38 AM »

Paypal him the $50 bucks...it's well worth it!  yes
Take the glass and hopper out and I can carry that on my shoulders no problem... Tongue Out

Bunker,

I don't think that he  mentioned taking a Red Subaru? Tongue Out bust gut laughing Crazy Cry Laughing

CH CaptainHappy

Sorry couldn't resist!

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2011, 10:45:15 PM »

lol...actually, I meant that I could carry the glass on my shoulders... Tongue Out
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 11:31:28 AM »

Just for the sake of an update... I went and picked up the machine yesterday. She's in pretty rough condition but it powered up at least. With a little elbow grease and some metal polish, I think she could turn out nice. What I didn't realize until I got it home was that its a machine from Canada (shows how observant I am). I actually found a token from the Windsor race track inside the machine which I thought was cool.

I'm currently getting a 49 error which I hope is just a wire unplugged or something simple. I'm going to give it a looking through and if I can't figure it out, I'll be on here again with a new thread begging for help. Thanks everyone for your input, I really appreciated it. If I can get the pictures down to size, I'll post a few. Seeing the buttons in english and french is kind of funny.
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 05:15:53 PM »

Congratulations

Now you are on your way to further SLOT ADDICTION!!! And this is the best place on the net to aide your habit!!!

Dig into it, and then ask away! Our folks here will get you up and running in no time, and we may crack a joke or ten in the process! bust gut laughing

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
NLG ADMINISTRATOR

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 05:38:07 PM »

I've already had the slot bug for a while now. I bought 2 slant tops from Ohio Gaming a while back and needed more to feed the addiction.

This one should be interesting since its canadian. I've been reading a lot already about converting everything over to US dollars. Guess I should probably get it up and running as is first and then worry about making it Americanized  Silly Me! frying pan

Oh and I told my gf already that I bought it, she's been in florida for a week. I was worried that I'd be living in the garage when she got back  Crazy I guess I live by the saying of "its better to ask for foregiveness than it is for permission"
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 05:45:35 PM »

I would think the only thing you would have to do to convert it to American is have the BV transport re-programmed or swap it out with a differant one. That and throw a quarter or whatever into the comparitor yes Looks like it's got a WBA BV so you might only have to swap the chip on the transport
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2011, 05:48:23 PM »

Unfortunately it has one of those IDX coin acceptors in it that I've read are usually locked. I'm going to start looking more into it tonight but I'm hoping that its new enough to have a WBA instead of a CBA and that the IDX isn't locked so that I can reprogram it.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 05:57:39 PM »

CBA? Canadien Bill Acceptor? Who'd a thunk it? Scratch Head
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 01:28:42 AM »

Luckily it has a WBA-11-SS in it so I won't have to replace everything in there to get it to work.
Now I just have to figure out whats wrong with the reels and look into the coin comparitor thing and we should be good to go  propeller
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.