Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 02:49:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  EBay and other online auction sites news and info.
| |-+  Craigs List (Moderator: Brianzz)
| | |-+  Wow!!! Check out this Repair Charge!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wow!!! Check out this Repair Charge!!!  (Read 8241 times)
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« on: December 06, 2013, 10:33:40 PM »

So, just seen this on a Craigslist posting. Guys selling a machine and showed his repair bill....apparently we are not charging even close to the going rate for repairs! I can't believe anyone would pay this much...and sad thing was, it was on a S6000. No wonder he's asking $1200 for the machine.

* image.jpg (35.46 KB, 336x450 - viewed 446 times.)

mvco
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 10:46:26 PM »

Time to up your rates, Roz  :-)
777sizzler
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 19

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 11:03:45 PM »

That is sad, esp. for that type game.  Hopefully they like it. Some folks like what they like I think and will pay whatever to get their machines to work.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 11:24:32 PM »

money money money money money money money money money money

Well that repair man hit the jackpot on his customer!
CVslots

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 11:38:40 PM »

Time to up your rates, Roz  :-)

Gosh I guess!!! Or we need to charge an admission charge here!  rotflmao

I thought only doctors, lawyers, and hookers made $85/hr! Geez!

money money money money money money money money money money

Well that repair man hit the jackpot on his customer!

I'm trying to find out who it was....not sure I will though.

PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 12:02:45 AM »

Before I came a member here I did not know anything or any one that could or would help me if a machine went down . Thanks to this site and the vast amount of  information in the archive . I am  OK at fixing the problems that pop up . Not defending the cost BUT how far did this guy drive to get to the machine . Was it a simple fix or one that took lots of time . Is this machine in a non legal state ?  Repairs are expensive  I know I'm  one of your NIGHT MERES   Ever have to call a plumber /  boiler mechanical contractor out after hours or worse on a weekend or HOLIDAY . If you have a skill that people will pay for than it is no different than buying goods as gas or food . No one held a gun to his head ( hopefully not ) for this service . If this was the difference of a operational  machine and a boat anchor  . Than he got what he asked for .if the guy charged him and it didn't work than it was a ripoff . If he had searched out  NLG he could of saved BIG MONEY  .crap before I came here I washed my Cleopatra reel strips . Do I really need to tell you how that worked out for me . they were new  by the way .  Maybe a invite to the site in what he needs in his future  just my opinion P.B.

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
CVslots

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 01:00:59 AM »

PB, well said. I totally understand where you were coming from, and thankfully, where you are now. Just crazy to see what people will do. I could not even hand that invoice or quote to someone! Maybe why I'm still peddling parts, lol. Maybe I am just missing the boat COMPLETELY!!! 

blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 01:03:45 AM »

What would you all think if it was a member here who did that repair ticket??? and calls dealers to ask what is wrong with the machine while at customers house.

$160 for a set of eproms is the icing on the cake.

If you ever get a call that starts with... I am gonna need some parts but let me tell you what it is doing, then you now know what it going on.... free support for a guy charging $85 an hour

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
OhioGaming

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 01:11:13 AM »

What would you all think if it was a member here who did that repair ticket??? and calls dealers to ask what is wrong with the machine while at customers house.

$160 for a set of eproms is the icing on the cake.

If you ever get a call that starts with... I am gonna need some parts but let me tell you what it is doing, then you now know what it going on.... free support for a guy charging $85 an hour

High 5s Jim. All so true.
slotdeals
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 151

CALL 937-836-5609 FOR DETAILS

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 02:15:20 AM »

I could go on for days

TheAirBalancer
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 02:32:11 AM »

As a person thats new to this, what would folks consider for the work done to be reasonably charged? Assuming it's performed in a home on a service call type of basis?
In my line of work within the commercial construction industry a price of $100 an hour for a competent technician to work on complicated building systems (such as fire alarms, security, energy management, etc) is not unreasonable, this is not including any material costs. Just curious...

az_flag
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 01:56:34 PM »

Just like parts it's a matter of supply and demand. How many repairmen are available in that person's area to fix that slot?
And, it's up to an owner to shop around, do some homework. If your too lazy to shop around, or learn yourself, then that's what you get.

Was just commenting yesterday how the internet has changed the world. I remember twenty years ago paying out the nose for appliance parts at the local parts store whenever my washer/dryer, frig, or furnance broke. Had no other choice. And had to troubleshoot on my own. Yesterday my heat pump coils frosted up outside. Went on the internet, learned how to diagnose the problem, ,defrost control board, and tested to determine I need a new one. Called local suppliers and it was $145-$225 for a new one. Went on the net and ordered one for $45. Twenty years ago I would be calling a repairman and looking at huge bill.
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 05:20:36 PM »

Just remember just because it is posted on the  internet does not make it a FACT .  Lots of postings are just an opinion of that persons experience  . Mechanical  parts may be OEM or a generic part . Sometimes it maters sometime it does not . Price mark up can differ on the resellers to buy in bulk or one at a time . I personally  do not sell electrical  parts over the counter . That is just an automatic argument  about to happen . People  will use every new part you have and then want to return all the parts they have tried  and FRIED  for a full refund . You will just be left with a shelf of used parts that the next guy won't buy because the box was open . Many of the vender's  on this site  I have bought parts from . They have learned there trade through a very expensive learning  trial and error or schooling process . I went out and repaired a boiler heating system for a guy that had been working on it with his friend /brother /in law and father . After 3 days  I was called out as the last resort which is no problem as I understand if you can or are willing to try first maybe monies can be saved . What I resent is the fact that when I'm call in on a weekend and the guys want to tell me how to fix there problem . Learning is done with your ears not your mouth so SHUT up and listen . He then wanted me to take back all the parts he bought from someone else for a full refund . That didn't happen and being stupid is expensive I'm sure many of the trades here have the same story in there fields . As I get older I'm becoming like BUZZ  ( bless his heart ) I just don't care if I say something that hurts your  feelings . Wake up and smell the coffee  . Your not the most important person on the planet no what your mother told you . Dam I'm funny this post even made me happy . Best to all of you who have been there P.B

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
idylewild1

Total Karma Storms: 140

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2013, 09:57:51 PM »

Maybe we are crazy ---- but we charge a flat rate of $79.95 plus parts for a home service call. This is not a get you there cost and then hourly cost but the total travel and labor cost. We do charge more for extended travel. If you get right down to it most machines are fixed within 10-15 minutes of arrival. We have not had a machine we couldn't fix --- but we advertise if we don't fix your machine give us $15.00 for gas and we are even. Why should a customer pay for something they get nothing or very little good out of ???   Maybe this is why a high percentage of our service calls turn into sales !!!!! 

usermike9

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2013, 10:10:34 PM »

We charge $65 per hour but a fluctuating rate depending on the value of the item being worked on. Certainly an older 6000 doesn't support high rates .
CVslots

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2013, 03:18:12 AM »

Maybe we are crazy ---- but we charge a flat rate of $79.95 plus parts for a home service call. This is not a get you there cost and then hourly cost but the total travel and labor cost. We do charge more for extended travel. If you get right down to it most machines are fixed within 10-15 minutes of arrival. We have not had a machine we couldn't fix --- but we advertise if we don't fix your machine give us $15.00 for gas and we are even. Why should a customer pay for something they get nothing or very little good out of ???   Maybe this is why a high percentage of our service calls turn into sales !!!!!  

Thank you!!!!!! We charge $125 for comeplete strangers (as in, don't know what you're walking into strangers,$100 of which is fromthe potential creepy factor), and pretty much zero for past customers...We already know 99% of the problems we are encountering, but I just still don't see charging someone that much, I get it, we all need to make $$$, supply and demand, all that, but man, where is the balance between "I know the fix and you DON'T" and "I sleep just fine at night, knowing I helped someone for a decent wage and they are happy now???"

Sorry, don't mean to sound like a sap, but I just could not charge anything even a close to what was on that receipt....and FYI, it IS REAL. I could call the guy out tomorrow and he would charge me the same (well, maybe more, now that he's seen this thread, lol). I totally realize that some customers SHOULD be charged 3x the going rate, just for the PITA factor, but none the less, I do not believe in taking advantage of someone...PERIOD.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 03:27:54 AM by CVslots » Logged

Labrat

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2013, 05:27:28 PM »

I'm putting my rates up or coming to live over there ???
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.