Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 07:17:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  Adhesive to use on Mikohn display?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adhesive to use on Mikohn display?  (Read 4354 times)
Tilt
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« on: May 13, 2011, 11:53:17 PM »

I have a Bally S6000 with a standalone Mikohn progressive display that I installed in it.  When I got it a year or so ago it was "new" and still had tape on the adhesive on the frame that sticks to the glass.  I removed it and stuck the frame/display to the glass.  It stayed there for about 6 months then fell off.  I put it back on, and a couple of months later it fell off again.  Anyhow, it's getting worse, and I'm getting tired of putting it back on all the time now.  Is there some type of adhesive I can use to make it stick to the glass and stay there for awhile, like permanently? 

FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 11:58:34 PM »

Go to an auto parts store & get some 3M 2 sided tape for putting moldings on cars.
Ford
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 12:01:42 AM »

If you don't want to use tape, GOOP is a good adhesive. It will hold things but stays slightly 'rubbery' when cured and can still be removed.  Servo tape found at hobby shops is really good too. It will hold things very well, but can still be removed.
Tilt

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 12:02:10 AM »

Great idea Ford, thanks!   Hail
Tilt

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 12:06:13 AM »

If you don't want to use tape, GOOP is a good adhesive. It will hold things but stays slightly 'rubbery' when cured and can still be removed.  Servo tape found at hobby shops is really good too. It will hold things very well, but can still be removed.

Thanks poppo.  I'll look for one of them if I can't find the 3m tape.  I'm really not worried about ever taking it off again, in fact, I'd rather have it destroy the glass before coming off again!
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 12:08:13 AM »

I'd rather have it destroy the glass before coming off again!

5 minute epoxy or JB Weld.  Tongue Out
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 01:56:24 AM »

3M 465 Tape will hold it on there just fine and will not damage the the glass or the clear film or coating on the glass either.
I used the 3M 465 to attach my Mikohn display to the plexiglass of my topper

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Tilt

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 12:38:47 AM »

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.  I ended up buying some 3M Super Strength Molding Tape and re-attaching it with that.  So far so good.  I'm not sure what type of 3M tape it is, it has 03609 in the bottom right hand corner of the package, and the tape is 1/2" X 60".   It cost $6.00 at my local auto parts store.  I'll report back if it ever falls off again.
McCackie
such-is-life
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 01:45:00 AM »

We used 3M "VHB" tape to mount displays to perspex and glass.  It is a transparent "gel" like tape which retains its transparency for at 15 years to my direct knowledge.  The LEDs shine straight through it with no problems, saves a lot of effort with metal frames etc.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.