Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 05:05:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  ChamII+ Standalone Progressive in Bally s9000
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ChamII+ Standalone Progressive in Bally s9000  (Read 7150 times)
lmartin185
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« on: May 16, 2011, 03:53:09 PM »

Fresh to this one as well. What do the settings in the game itself need to be?  And what harnesses are needed with what pinouts?  Single progressive display, still using PSP v2.0.  One thing I did find awkward is that when I set up the game for just regular game play, it runs fine.  When I start fooling with the progressive settings, the game tends to reboot itself and I cannot figure out why.  Help, thoughts, and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 04:19:23 PM »

What is the actual game title?  Could it be proprietary and be looking for a WAP link?

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
lmartin185

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 04:27:53 PM »

The theme is Triple Blazin' 7's.  And I'm almost 100% sure it's not looking for a WAP link.   Please correct me if i'm wrong.  Thanks.
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 05:35:12 PM »

does it look like one of these or similar with the top box LCD bonus and mutli-progressive?

* blz7alpha.jpg (73.54 KB, 660x495 - viewed 400 times.)

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 05:43:01 PM »

Sorry I just read where you said it was a single progressive.  So this is likely a 3 reel single progressive.  And actually, if so, that is the most common game that you will find at least in a local group progressive scenario which means it's possible you may have to do a few settings changes to get it to a stand alone.

lmartin185

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 05:49:38 PM »

You're correct, it's a 3 reel single progressive.  Would you happen to know the settings that need to be made?  Thanks.
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 06:05:02 PM »

Okay...there is a good chance that machine was part of a local group progressive.  The first thing I would study is the control / comm harness coming out of the Cham black box controller board.  It's typically in a grey jacket and 3 wires, white, red, and black (maybe green).  This is the wire that has a black bulky molex and plugs into the front of the box / controller board.  Where does it route to?  Does it make a straight shot to the Mother Board or does it split off anywhere another way and / or have other wires tied into it? Do you see any other controller board near the Cham box or in the bottom that looks like it would have Ethernet connections to it?  
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 06:12:43 PM by Bettor Slots » Logged

lmartin185

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 06:45:37 PM »

Okay, the attached picture is exactly what I'm going by as far as wiring is concerned.  Theres another board in the top box that is labeled as Smart Machine Interface  Version 11.  Theres a plug J2 which has a 14 pin connector in it with 3 wires coming out of it (black, white, and red).  That goes to a 3 pin molex connected to nothing in the bottom of the cabinet.  Theres also another plug next to it J3 and that one is a 10 pin plug with 4 wires coming out of it (blue, orange, white, and green).  Theres also black and red wires that branch off into J4 of the ChamII+ board.  The other end of it is just sitting at the bottom of the cabinet with a 6 pin connector on it (power?) (Im thinking maybe player tracking) I've tried different settings in the game itself and no luck.  Sorry if I didn't explain well.   Help

* bally mikohn.JPG (48.18 KB, 603x622 - viewed 445 times.)
lmartin185

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 02:54:37 PM »

Thanks for the help everyone.  Finally got it going on the Bally.
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 03:46:49 PM »

applause Excellent...what was the solution for everyone's future knowledge? 

lmartin185

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 07:45:23 PM »

So here it goes, sorry if I missed anything.  If you have questions I'll do my best to answer them.  Thanks again everyone for the help.   wave

In the Mikohn Controller

MENU = ADDR
          Proto = Con2
          Gradr = 255
          Idadr = 64
          RTR = OFF
          Mach Addr = 2

MENU = DISP
          JP Limit = NO
          # Displays = 1
          JP GRP1 = SA0
          MFile 1 =5

In the game

Setup
          Comm Setup
               Serial Setup
                    Host Comm I = None
                    Host Comm II = None
                    SDG Protocol = Disabled
                    Progressive Type = Mikohn  (touch Config)
                                                 Slot ID = 1

PSP v3.01

F4 = M-02
      F6 = JP0
      F8 = MS25
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 07:55:45 PM »

K+ for posting your solution -- hopefully it will help someone else in the future.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
lmartin185

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2011, 12:39:24 PM »

to add to the settings.. the EPROM  U19 on the controller has to be V2.13
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.