Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 04:57:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  CHAMII+LOGIC BOARD PROGRESSIVE SLOT MACHINE MANUAL
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CHAMII+LOGIC BOARD PROGRESSIVE SLOT MACHINE MANUAL  (Read 12467 times)
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

« on: May 25, 2011, 12:13:16 PM »

Hello,
Does anyone have the CHAMII+LOGIC BOARD PROGRESSIVE SLOT MACHINE MANUAL?....Having lots of trouble trying to set mine up...I would like to start with the manual and work my way through it (if possible)...Thanks in advance,
Jimmy
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 01:32:14 PM »

What machine are you trying to hook it up to?
Maybe we can help?
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 11:32:35 PM »

Bally S6000...
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 12:55:13 AM »

What theme?  Did it have a progressive meter installed, or are you trying to install it to a game that previously didn't have one?  What version chips are on your ChamII+?  Do you have a cable to connect the meter to the motherboard?

You said that you're having "lots of trouble" trying to set yours up, but haven't really told us anything about the trouble you're having.  To paraphrase another person in this thread, the more you can tell us, the more we can help you.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 01:58:13 AM »

2x, 5x, 10,....It was set up originally for progressive...Has the progressive glass...The Chamll has a bally chip in it and is a stand alone...I have the cabling for RS485 and the JP relay installed...
The ChamII flashes $0.00 and then C1...The 6000 after setting the setting seen on this sit and the bally manual, I get a 91-1 error...The cable seems to be a official cable for the bally...Reading most of the NL posting, I have tried just about everything...Any ideas?...
Jimmy
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 03:02:34 AM »

You're likely pretty close.  I don't have the Bally manual in front of me, but it could be throwing a comminication error because the progressive isn't talking back to the machine since it's not programmed (I know the Bally machines talk in both directions with the progressive controller (on the IGT S+, for example, the machine typically only sends a pulse out and doesn't always get data back from the Mikohn).  On the Bally games when configured correctly, they won't fire up until they have full communication back and forth.

The C1 and $0.00 are indications that the Mikohn needs to be programmed.  Do you have a Windows XP or earlier computer with a serial port, a modified serial cable, and the Mikohn psp software?  We can help you get the software if you don't have it, and there are directions posted in another thread for how to make the cable.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 12:06:17 PM »

Yes I have  a computer with XP...Not sure on the serial port yet...I do have the PSP software...Do you know where the post is on making the serial cable?...
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 12:13:14 PM »

copied..see link below...basically any straight thru serial harness is okay.
You just need to jump pin's 1-5.
Click on picture to make larger if needed...>>>

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=10883.0;attach=29103;image

* Mikohn_Cable_jpg.jpg (96.84 KB, 800x508 - viewed 374 times.)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 12:21:55 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 12:20:39 PM »

Thanks...I will try things out this weekend...I might need all three days Crazy
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 09:45:36 PM »

There's an alternate diagram attached to this post which you may want to review as well, just to have a different look at how to make the cable.

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 12:46:24 AM »

That attachment is also a straight RS232 cable with pin 1 jumpered to pin 5

The serial ports on the mikohn controllers are wired as though they are modems as far computers are concerned.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 01:45:34 AM »

That attachment is also a straight RS232 cable with pin 1 jumpered to pin 5

Agreed -- I didn't mean to imply anything different, only that it was a different visual of the same concept (but it spelled it out a little clearer for the layperson, like me).  yes

Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 11:49:11 AM »

Going to give it all a try this weekend...Thanks for the information...
Jimmy
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 12:13:10 PM »

OK...I was able to program the controller...The C1 went away and I  then started to make changes on the s6000...Got late so I decided to try things out the next day...When I powered up the Cham, It was back with the C1 error...Tried to reprogram and now I can not get ride of the C1 error...Battery on the cham is at 2.7 volts...It holds the correct time and date, but can not change the starting JP amount...It was set for $500.00...Tried recalling the file and downloading it again...I saw the LED's flash on the Cham, but still has C1 and $0.00 as the amount...Anyone have any ideas?...
Thanks,
Jimmy
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 08:14:05 PM »

Try sending your data right after the ChamII+ has completed its power on self test (ie. right after the C1/$0.00 starts displaying after a power-up).

Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 12:14:37 PM »

I have done that...No luck..I see the Leds on the cham board flashing like it is getting the information, but the C1 and the $0.00 will not change...
Jimmy
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 01:00:00 PM »

Is your serial harness jumped between pins 1 an 5 ?
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 04:43:22 PM »

Yes...I can change the $ sign from left side to right side and back, so I know the serial cable is good...Even once got a error 15 and was able to get rid of that but not the C1 error..    Scratch Head
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 06:54:16 PM »

Just a shot in the dark as I don't have any documentation in front of me and don't know if this could be a cause or not, but is the MFILE set to 0?

stormrider

Total Karma Storms: 131

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 08:09:46 PM »

OK...I was able to program the controller...The C1 went away and I  then started to make changes on the s6000...Got late so I decided to try things out the next day...When I powered up the Cham, It was back with the C1 error...Tried to reprogram and now I can not get ride of the C1 error...Battery on the cham is at 2.7 volts...It holds the correct time and date, but can not change the starting JP amount...It was set for $500.00...Tried recalling the file and downloading it again...I saw the LED's flash on the Cham, but still has C1 and $0.00 as the amount...Anyone have any ideas?...
Thanks,
Jimmy

If you keep losing the $ amount with a c1 after powering it off
it's a good chance that battery needs to be replaced.
I've had that happen when the voltage went below 2.8v

Tim

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 08:41:13 PM by stormrider » Logged
stormrider

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 08:14:19 PM »

Also a few other things here is the Mikohn set for SA ?
what are your settings in the psp under jackpot programming ?
for a bally it should be

F3= single
F4 =M-08
F8 =MS00

If none of the above are not set right you won't get any increment nor a $ amount.

It would help if you posted your settings in psp, Bally 11d menu,and the Mikohn

This might help guide you a little  yes
Taken from another thread.

ChamII+ settings:

DISP -
JP Limit = No
# Displays = 1
JP GRP 1 = SA
MFILE1 = 5
ODSPEED1 = 10
FONT1 = ODMTR8W
SIZE1 = 70

SYST -
TEST = OFF
BIRTH = OFF
SAVE TO = RAM DRIVE
SHOW LOAD = YES
SHOW C1 = YES
SYMBOL = $
SOUND = DISABLED

ADDR -
PROTO = CON2
GRADR = 255
IDADR = 64
RTR ADDR = OFF
MACH ADDR = 1

PSP V2 SETTINGS:

JACKPOT PROGRAMMING -
BASE VALUE = 500.00
CURRENT JACKPOT = 1001.00
HIDDEN JACKPOT = 0
JP LIMIT = 999,999.99
INCREMENT1 = 1.00000
INCREMENT2 = 0.00000
F3 = SNGL
F4 = M08
F5 = 3sec
F6 = JP0
F7 = $$$$
F8 = MS00

BALLY S-6000:
11d -
02 = 0005
07 = 0001
78L = 0001

On a side note I have been looking for a 2x10x5 progressive award glass
if you decide to sell it please let me know.

Tim

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 09:41:17 PM by stormrider » Logged
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 11:12:49 PM »

Thanks all for the input...I know the battery is at 2.7v so I am going to change that and see what happens...I can't get to it tonight, but will look at it tomorrow evening...
Thanks again...
Jimmy
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 09:46:58 PM »

I see that the battery is a vl2020 3v rechargeable battery...I am guessing that the Controller needs to be on for a while for the battery to charge...Any idea how long and/or after fully charged can you leave the unit off?...
Jimmy
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2011, 02:52:58 PM »

Well it is working!  applause  applause Thanks to all that have helped...  Hail Battery was low and the bally factory cable was backwards....
Thanks again to all  Clap Clap wave
stormrider

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2011, 03:08:09 PM »

Well it is working!  applause  applause Thanks to all that have helped...  Hail Battery was low and the bally factory cable was backwards....
Thanks again to all  Clap Clap wave

Glad it all worked out for you  applause

Let me know if you ever want to part with that 2x10x5 progressive award glass
I have the standard award glass in RT,16,and chop top but I'm a progressive nut.

Tim
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.