Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 05:26:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  Progressive Works... Wont Pay
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Progressive Works... Wont Pay  (Read 3886 times)
tjohnson3432
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« on: May 31, 2011, 10:41:30 PM »

I have a ChamII that i have got working and it counts credits up, everything seems to work that should but when the jackpot got hit it did not pay out the progressive amount. I have read on it and tried a few different things and went through the test to see if it payed but when i put the credits on it and hit spin it added money to the progressive. I am not sure what setting i am missing, but i sure can not figure it out either. Some help would be great! Thanks to all you great people with the best advice ever!
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 11:08:51 PM »

What machine is the cham II in?
Did the machine go into a jackpot handpay?
Also what are the F4 and F8 setting you used in the PSP software?

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
tjohnson3432

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 12:00:47 AM »

The progressive is in a Bally s6000 Silver and Gold. It did go to 4000 credits won, when it hit. The settings that i had with the PSP were M-05 for F4 and ms04 for F8. Thanks!!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 01:12:08 AM »

Was 4,000 what the meter was at when the jackpot was hit, or is that the "standard" top award for that game?  Did the meter reset when you turned the jackpot reset key, or did it just continue climbing from the amount it had already progressed to?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 01:17:19 AM »

I am not a Bally guru, but MS04 is a setting for IGT.
PSP manual regarding Bally. Maybe the Bally guru's can comment as well

Bally
Older machines (E series) were only capable of one progressive JP, so they used the short coin,
long JP method. Recommended machine type is M-00 or M-05.
Newer machines (5000 and newer series) support two interface styles. One style is a relay board
capable of up to three JPs. Recommended machine type is M-00 or M-05 if coin and JP0 are
multiplexed on the same line, or M-02 if coin and JP0 are on separate lines. The other style
interface is an RS-232 port. This is used with the Multicomm and supports multiple JPs and
Nevada Reg. 14 signals. Recommended machine type is M-05 with machine serial set for MS01

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 09:05:50 PM »

the meter did show 4000 for the win, the progressive did not reset when i turned the key it just went up on the next spin. Thanks for the help

So, in other words it did work (ie. the machine showed 4000 credits on its own display), but the progressive meter didn't reset after the jackpot was hit?

Also, Tim (stormrider) just posted these as the correct settings for a Bally progressive -- they sound right to me, too.  I'll have to fire up my PSP laptop to double check to be 100% sure that they match the Bally I recently programmed, however.

F3= single
F4 =M-08
F8 =MS00

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 09:19:44 PM »

the meter did show 4000 for the win, the progressive did not reset when i turned the key it just went up on the next spin. Thanks for the help

So, in other words it did work (ie. the machine showed 4000 credits on its own display), but the progressive meter didn't reset after the jackpot was hit?

Also, Tim (stormrider) just posted these as the correct settings for a Bally progressive -- they sound right to me, too.  I'll have to fire up my PSP laptop to double check to be 100% sure that they match the Bally I recently programmed, however.

F3= single
F4 =M-08
F8 =MS00

Agree with Post

You might also want to check out these threads:

CHAMII+ & Bally S-6000 Settings  for the S6000, but a long thread.
CHAMII+ & Bally S-5500 Settings  for the S5500, but short and sweet. I think most of the settings are the same (not the wiring, though.)

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 11:54:37 PM »

I don't think those Mikohn threads will ever, EVER get condensed a little huh?  Tongue Out
One wouldn't know where to start?
I pity anyone trying to plow through all that info like I did when I got one.... Duh!
I think it took me about 347 gray hairs to digest it all...then I later forgot it all!!!!!!!!!!
tjohnson3432

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 04:00:25 PM »

Finally GOT IT! Just a few changes of this and that and BooM. Thanks again for all the help! applause
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 11:34:17 PM »

...Just a few changes of this and that and BooM. ...

uh...what blew up?  Tongue Out

Glad you got it working!
Another happy NLG'er!!!  Cheer Leader
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.