Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 08:04:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  How to get to the player panel lights on an S2000?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to get to the player panel lights on an S2000?  (Read 3157 times)
bindlesniff
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« on: May 25, 2013, 07:07:35 PM »

anyone out there can tell me,,,how do you even get to the lamp on the panel on an s2000,,,igt,,,,,my play 5 credits lamp is out and before i  get the sawzall out,,,,,,how do you get to the lamp,,,,i thought id ask ,,cause usually i break something,,then i ask,,and end up sayin something like,,,ooooo,,,,yaaa,,that makes sense,,,,i know this is simple,,,,,,but nothin looked obviuos,,,,thanks,,,,,,
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 08:54:18 PM »

anyone out there can tell me,,,how do you even get to the lamp on the panel on an s2000,,,igt,,,,,my play 5 credits lamp is out and before i  get the sawzall out,,,,,,how do you get to the lamp,,,,i thought id ask ,,cause usually i break something,,then i ask,,and end up sayin something like,,,ooooo,,,,yaaa,,that makes sense,,,,i know this is simple,,,,,,but nothin looked obviuos,,,,thanks,,,,,,

No Saws-All needed just yet, just reach up from inside the door and take a look first. The bulb/lamp housing locks into the button housing on the underside of the button deck. Grab the housing that the bulb sits in and turn/rotate it about a 1/4 turn (I don't know which direction, try counter clockwise and if that doesnt work, then try clockwise!) and it will release and come out. Then you can replace the bulb and re-install it.

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 09:10:14 PM »

Roz, some of those are snap-lock and don't come out that way. Easiest way I've found is to pop the lens off the top of the button with a narrow screwdriver tip then use a forceps or piece of shrink tubing to pull the bulb out and put the new one in
bindlesniff
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 10:21:45 PM »

ok,,,,,,,i just got in there,,,that switch /lamp assembly has 2 wires not connected,,i dont know it they fell off or someone who knows alot more then i do,,took em off,,,,one is red  the other one is blue<i think..looks mostly blue>....if i hook em back up...and reverse them,,is that gonna do any damage,,cause im not sure which went where,,,,,and,,,,say theres a short in the lamp assembly...could happen,,will that cause any catastrophic damage,,??....what to do,,,what to do,,,??///
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 11:01:41 PM by bindlesniff » Logged
bindlesniff
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 11:01:11 PM »

correction on my last post..........theres 2 wires turned back  a red   and a blue with a yellow stripe,,,,,,theres only one spare terminal lug on the switch.......theres already a blue with yellow stripe on the switch,,,,theres tie raps every quarter inch......i dont wanna disturb this yet,,,,,,so i dont know if the blue with yellow stripe thats on there is the other end of the one hanging in space,,,,,,the only spare terminal is..looking from the back,,the one to the left,,,the upper one,,,,,sorry for the confusion,,,,
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 11:37:47 PM »

You actually have two different things going on there. The micro switch that registers your selection when you push the button has three connections with two being used. If the switch works other than the light not turning on then don't mess with the micro switch. You also have two spade connections, one on either side of the micro switch, and they are for the light. The one you can see should have a red wire plugged into it and the one on the back side of the micro switch gets the blue wire. That's how mine's set up anyway
bindlesniff
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 07:41:39 AM »

somehow the post i just wrote flew off into the cloud,,,,,anyway,,,you are exactly right,,,,the spare lug is on the microswitch,,not the light ,,,,,,the two extra wires that are there must be for some option or button arrangement this machine doesnt have,,,,so i insulated them and moved them outta the way,,,,where they wont try and touch something they shouldnt,,,,,so im back to the lamp thing,,no luck seperating the assembly,,,,im not big on forcing plastic,,,my question,,if i go the remove the lens cap route,,am i removing just the clear plastic part,,,,,,or that part and the black plastic around it as well.....thanks so much for the info,,it really took the mystery out,,,,
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 09:15:38 AM »

Just the clear lens cap part. The black part is the switch base
bindlesniff
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 11:02:40 AM »

k  thanks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.