Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 05:29:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  A few questions about chips...
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A few questions about chips...  (Read 15623 times)
bwinkl04
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: November 24, 2013, 04:30:20 PM »

Hello all,
I just picked up my first ever machine yesterday. It is a s2000 coinless setup for $1 bets. It is a "five times pay" game.

After spending many hours on here reading, I ordered the hopper and coin comparator for the machine, and I think I ordered the correct stuff. But, I need to order the clear chip so I can change it to $.25 bet, and a key chip to program everything. How do I know which clear chip and key chip I need? there are so many choices, and I couldn't seem to find a concise answer here or anywhere else Google brought me (I am very likely searching incorrect terms). The second question I have is my main board has a SB001000 stepper base chip, and a s-plus reel MECH ss7790 chip. I am guessing these tell the s2000 to play the s+ games. From what I read, I can't change the payout percentages with the key chip for this setup. Can anyone tell me what the payout percentages are, and can I simply change the SB and REEL chips and still have my game but the updated software to change payouts??? And if so, what SB and REEL chips would I need?

Any detail on these types of setups would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if I need to supply any more information.
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 08:00:57 PM »

Hi! And welcome!

You will need to get a Clear 97 and a Key 31 (most versatile for S2000 reel games and will work perfectly on your S2000). WARNING: Do your homework before clearing your machine, or you will have an inoperable machine. It wipes the machine clean, so it will need to be set up again.  We can sell you the chips, and give you the instructions, but they will not include each setting and how to set it correctly for your machine. Since each machine is different, as to equipment (Coinless, coin, hopper, printer, denomination, etc), it is practically impossible to write such an instruction sheet. It would be 20 pages long to cover all the possible configurations.

Your machine is running an SS EPROM which can be replaced by the correct SB chip and configured for the payout you wish. We can set you up with the SB number (and chip) if you tell me how many coins your game plays (2 or 3).  yes

Other than that, you've done great in providing the info we need! Good job! All that reading paid off, as you are using all the correct terminology and are much more familiar with your machine now!  applause applause

Roslyn

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 08:04:47 PM »

NLG Welcome

Let me see if I can give you some of the ansewers to your Questions. If I'm correct you have a 5 X pay 3 Reel 5 Line 5 Coin game. I took a look and I don't think IGT made a S 2000 base chip for that game. Closest I could find was a 3R 5L 45C. I'm not always 100% correct

A SB001000 base and a SS reel chip is used when IGT never made a SB chip for your game. If you change the SS chip to something else there is no need to change the SB001000.

Your SS7790 is a piss poor 88% pay back chip. The best paying SS chip I have for your game is a SS7906  95% pay. if you did find a SB****** for your game about the best % you could set it up for is around 98%.  My experiences with a 5X pay is they are real bad paying games. ( Someone must like them, just not me.)

I don't think you will find two people on this site that will agree on which clear and key chips you will need. I, me, myself use a clear 97 and a key 31   99.9% of the time. If you will send me your address I'll  fix you up with the clear, key and a SS7906. There is no charge for these chips, I do this for two reasons. #1 because I want to and #2 to piss off one vendor and one dickhead.

Ros sorry about that but I typed it I'm gonna post it.  ( You were not the vendor )

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 08:06:04 PM »

my main board has a SB001000 stepper base chip, and a s-plus reel MECH ss7790 chip. I am guessing these tell the s2000 to play the s+ games. From what I read, I can't change the payout percentages with the key chip for this setup. Can anyone tell me what the payout percentages are

Correct, the SB001000 allows you to use legacy (S+) chips in an S2000.

Your SS7790 is for a five line, Five Times Pay game, with an awful payback of just under 88%   vomit

Edit: Buzz beat me by a few seconds!

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
bwinkl04

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 08:27:52 PM »

Hi! And welcome!

You will need to get a Clear 97 and a Key 31 (most versatile for S2000 reel games and will work perfectly on your S2000). WARNING: Do your homework before clearing your machine, or you will have an inoperable machine. It wipes the machine clean, so it will need to be set up again.  We can sell you the chips, and give you the instructions, but they will not include each setting and how to set it correctly for your machine. Since each machine is different, as to equipment (Coinless, coin, hopper, printer, denomination, etc), it is practically impossible to write such an instruction sheet. It would be 20 pages long to cover all the possible configurations.

Your machine is running an SS EPROM which can be replaced by the correct SB chip and configured for the payout you wish. We can set you up with the SB number (and chip) if you tell me how many coins your game plays (2 or 3).  yes

Other than that, you've done great in providing the info we need! Good job! All that reading paid off, as you are using all the correct terminology and are much more familiar with your machine now!  applause applause

Roslyn

Thank you. I am trying to learn as much as I can BEFORE i clear it, as everything I have read so far seems that clearing it will mean it will take a while to get it working again.

NLG Welcome

Let me see if I can give you some of the ansewers to your Questions. If I'm correct you have a 5 X pay 3 Reel 5 Line 5 Coin game. I took a look and I don't think IGT made a S 2000 base chip for that game. Closest I could find was a 3R 5L 45C. I'm not always 100% correct

A SB001000 base and a SS reel chip is used when IGT never made a SB chip for your game. If you change the SS chip to something else there is no need to change the SB001000.

Your SS7790 is a piss poor 88% pay back chip. The best paying SS chip I have for your game is a SS7906  95% pay. if you did find a SB****** for your game about the best % you could set it up for is around 98%.  My experiences with a 5X pay is they are real bad paying games. ( Someone must like them, just not me.)

I don't think you will find two people on this site that will agree on which clear and key chips you will need. I, me, myself use a clear 97 and a key 31   99.9% of the time. If you will send me your address I'll  fix you up with the clear, key and a SS7906. There is no charge for these chips, I do this for two reasons. #1 because I want to and #2 to piss off one vendor and one dickhead.

Ros sorry about that but I typed it I'm gonna post it.  ( You were not the vendor )
Thank you for the offer, I have sent you an email. And, you are correct, it is a 5 X Pay, 3 REEL, 5 Line, 5 "coin" machine. And honestly, I think the 95% will be perfectly fine. I don't want to be giving away all of my money to other players Smiley

So for my clarification, would it be best to replace the SS7790 with the SS7906 first and play with that for a few days to make sure everything works good before I clear or key it. Or will I have to at least key it anyway since it is a new SS chip?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 08:57:08 PM »

I think all you will have to do is change the SS chip, and your good to go. Just remember all Slot machines are female  you can never depend on them doing what you want them to do.

Now don't let everything you read on this site get you scared do a clear and key. It's not difficult at all. If you do not have mult denomation you only have 5 setting total that you have to set. Accounting denom, coin denom, machine type, and maybe depending on the game chips you have, SAS/WAMM  ( always pick WAMM). If you have a printer you must turn it opn in Key Con Fig II your done, let machine boot up then press test button and set the limits and sound and your really done.

Now pull the board out one more time and tell us the numbers on your game chips locates at U 19 and U 46 ( both will have the same number but will say Gme 1 and Gme 2 ) example is SG000363

bwinkl04

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 09:18:54 PM »

I think all you will have to do is change the SS chip, and your good to go. Just remember all Slot machines are female  you can never depend on them doing what you want them to do.

Now don't let everything you read on this site get you scared do a clear and key. It's not difficult at all. If you do not have mult denomation you only have 5 setting total that you have to set. Accounting denom, coin denom, machine type, and maybe depending on the game chips you have, SAS/WAMM  ( always pick WAMM). If you have a printer you must turn it opn in Key Con Fig II your done, let machine boot up then press test button and set the limits and sound and your really done.

Now pull the board out one more time and tell us the numbers on your game chips locates at U 19 and U 46 ( both will have the same number but will say Gme 1 and Gme 2 ) example is SG000363
Thanks Buzz. I am not overly worried about bricking the machine, it seems you guys here have a very good handle on getting them set back up.

Version chip: VS011GX1
Stepper GME1: SG000312 1 of 2
Stepper GME2: SG000312 2 of 2

So, for a little more info. Mine has a ticket dispenser that can do payouts, it also has a paper money slot, and I can take the ticks and put them back into the paper slot and it reads them back in. It is currently setup for $1 per "coin", and it does NOT have any of the coin equipment. What I would like to do it set it $.25 per "coin" (hence the clear chip) and I just ordered *hopefully* all of the coin equipment (coin comparator, hopper, coin chute). I would like to have the hopper payout up to the first $100, then a ticket for anything over. Also, I would love to have the tickets say my name on them instead of "establishment" but that is a topic for another day. I would also like the paper reader to only read tickets that were printed from this machine, and only single use, but I am guessing I am asking too much for all of that since that function seems to come from the "free play" board I see plugged into the RS232 plug (just a guess).

Also, is there anything I need to know about the version chip or the game chips? should I consider upgrading the version? Not really sure what the version chip does here.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 10:01:17 PM »

VS011GX1 is just about the best there is, if your machinc has a block off plate just to your right on the MAX bet button you can install a button there and make your machine a Multi denom machine. ( look at the MAX bet wires and somewhere up there tie wrapped is the multi denom wires, four of them )

I've never messed with Free Play, so I'm no help there.  If your machine excepts  tickets that it prints out, you must have bought that machine from one of our members.

It's no big deal to put your name on a printer ticket, hell if R273 can do it anyone can ( except me ) 

bwinkl04

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 11:18:21 PM »

VS011GX1 is just about the best there is, if your machinc has a block off plate just to your right on the MAX bet button you can install a button there and make your machine a Multi denom machine. ( look at the MAX bet wires and somewhere up there tie wrapped is the multi denom wires, four of them )

I've never messed with Free Play, so I'm no help there.  If your machine excepts  tickets that it prints out, you must have bought that machine from one of our members.

It's no big deal to put your name on a printer ticket, hell if R273 can do it anyone can ( except me ) 

It does have the block off next to the max bet button, and I do see 4 wires zip tied just under where the coin slot goes. Three have the red crimp connectors, one is missing the connector and is bare. Easy enough to fix. Should I put the multi denom button in? also, will that work with my s+ chip? or are they completely unrelated?

I bought the machine from a guy that normally sells the small asian machines. He somehow got three of the "vegas style" machines, and my friend and I each took one. His works exactly the same way as mine, although his is a double diamond game.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 12:47:15 PM by bwinkl04 » Logged
CVslots

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 01:25:36 AM »

Well there you go, stick with Buzz and he will tell you everything you need to know!  yes

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 02:54:58 AM »

Sure it will work, i would not have told you about it if it didn't work. You can put the button in now if you want. The machine will have to be keyed when you do put in the multi denom. I'll dig out a button and send it along with the eproms. I think I will also send you a set of SG000363 game chips. The 312s you have will work but I like 363s better, if nothing else you won't have to  set SAS/WAMM using 363s.

The color of the four wires are.

Yellow/Brown stripe   Micro switch
Black/ Red stripe        "       "
RED              button light bulb
Blue/Tan stripe  "       "     "

My Son was messing around trying to learn how to program his name on the printer tickets. I remember he had it " Steve's Whore House. Bum Fuck Egypt"  I told him to change it, it would be my luck a Preacher would be the Guy that bought that machine.

Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 11:45:20 AM »

Quote from Buzz:
"My Son was messing around trying to learn how to program his name on the printer tickets. I remember he had it " Steve's Whore House. Bum Fuck Egypt"  I told him to change it, it would be my luck a Preacher would be the Guy that bought that machine."

Is that why you couldn't program your ticket name? Your Son had to show you?  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

bwinkl04, other than that, Buzz is pretty good old guy for being older that dirt. rotflmao

Ron (r273)

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 02:31:04 PM »

to add coin to a machine you need the following:

coin head and bracket,  coin comp. bracket housing that contains the following: 4 plastic standoffs (these hold the cc-16 13 vdc Green wire) wiring harness to connect to the machine, cc-16, and diverter.  and coin optics.  a coin chute to direct coins into the hopper, hopper assembly bracket ( contains the channels and hopper plug)  and the hopper with the correct coin shelf and pinwheel for the coin denom you are using. clear chip to reset denom,,  and a key chip to disable the coinless mode.

Hope this helps

Jim 

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2013, 02:57:17 PM »

There's also a plastic bezel that goes under the door frame.  Typically coinless machines come with  the bottom of the door closed with a removable plate, this needs to be removed at the very least, otherwise, coins can't come out of the machine.  You will also need the baffle that goes over the hole that leads into the hopper overflow bag that is typically installed in the slot stand.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
bwinkl04

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2013, 03:33:42 PM »

to add coin to a machine you need the following:

coin head and bracket,  coin comp. bracket housing that contains the following: 4 plastic standoffs (these hold the cc-16 13 vdc Green wire) wiring harness to connect to the machine, cc-16, and diverter.  and coin optics.  a coin chute to direct coins into the hopper, hopper assembly bracket ( contains the channels and hopper plug)  and the hopper with the correct coin shelf and pinwheel for the coin denom you are using. clear chip to reset denom,,  and a key chip to disable the coinless mode.

Hope this helps

Jim 

Thank you...
So I bought the coin comparator bracket and it supposedly has everything I need for the top half (coin head ect...) here is the listing.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190629374177?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Please let me know if that is missing anything.
I also bought the coin chute here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190785360399?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
and this hopper...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251388061014
I think (hope) this should cover it. Anything you see I am missing?

There's also a plastic bezel that goes under the door frame.  Typically coinless machines come with  the bottom of the door closed with a removable plate, this needs to be removed at the very least, otherwise, coins can't come out of the machine.  You will also need the baffle that goes over the hole that leads into the hopper overflow bag that is typically installed in the slot stand.

So I am looking inside the door and see two white chutes on the door. The one on the right drops straight down into the coin tray and its not blocked off, I am guessing this is the coin return for an incorrect coin? The one on the left diverts to a black chute attached to the machine housing and that diverts to a hole on the bottom of the machine. I am guessing that is the overflow? On the bottom of the door, there is the hole on the right as I stated that is not blocked off. Left of that is a larger clear panel, but I am thinking that is the light source for the coin tray?
bwinkl04

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, 05:35:14 PM »

I replaced the SS chip today, I had to use the jackpot key a few times, and then push the test button for 3 seconds. after that it worked like a charm.

I am still waiting on the hopper and then I will clear it, key it, and set the new denomination/multi denomination and all the payout limits. I am sure I will need to figure out which TITO board I have and do whatever is necessary to get that working once again. Thanks for everything so far.
frosty170
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 03:11:23 PM »

Hey bwinkl04 good luck with your first machine, I was in the same boat you are a few months back, your going to get the bug and want another machine. Buzz and Roz were a great help to me on getting me set up and going.  Just don't put LEDs in untill you read up on them.....

Dave
bwinkl04

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 06:59:48 PM »

Ok, I think I am getting pretty close.

I installed all the new chips and cleared the programing, and did the key. I set the denom at .25 and the player denoms at .25, .50, 1.00, 2.00.
I can insert quarters and play just fine, and I can insert bills and play just fine. But I have a few small issues.

1.) I can't change denomination from the button on the deck. it doesn't light up, and pressing it does nothing. After some research I found something about having a 553 or 663 display. I counted my display and it looks to be a 663. So I am guessing I will need the touch pad for this? any help on this?

2.) Probably related to 1. The space where the denomination label goes on the front glass now scrolls the lights in the 4 different corners. I am guessing it thinks it is lighting up the different denoms?

3.) While the machine will take quarters and dollars, I set my limits to $100 hopper and max everything else. It only pays out on the tickets, it won't payout from the hopper at all. I have about $300 in it.

4.) I have a TITO board on this machine, but now it won't read the tickets back in. I am sure I am just missing a setting.

Any help on these few issues?
Thank you all, you have all been a huge help.
CVslots

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 07:08:38 PM »

Setting up a multi-denom machine for the first time can be tricky. Here's a little excerpt from my MD notes that may help. Sounds as though you may have missed something....

Multi-denom: set up player 1 Acctg denom and then game selection for Player 1. Then set up Players 2, 3, 4 acctg denom and game selection. THEN lastly assign Touch Panel Buttons....Basically, you must tell the machine what denom and game Players 2-4 are playing before it will allow you to set up a button for them.... Smiley

bwinkl04

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2013, 07:14:37 PM »

Setting up a multi-denom machine for the first time can be tricky. Here's a little excerpt from my MD notes that may help. Sounds as though you may have missed something....

Multi-denom: set up player 1 Acctg denom and then game selection for Player 1. Then set up Players 2, 3, 4 acctg denom and game selection. THEN lastly assign Touch Panel Buttons....Basically, you must tell the machine what denom and game Players 2-4 are playing before it will allow you to set up a button for them.... Smiley
So, do I need to re clear the machine to make those changes? or can that all be done with a key chip?
CVslots

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2013, 09:12:53 PM »

Generally, just about any change involving denominations requires a Clear.

bwinkl04

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2013, 11:25:02 PM »

ok, I went through and reprogrammed again. I am pretty positive I have it correct. but I still have all of the issues I previously posted. I am pretty sure I need to have the four segment touch pad for multi denom on this machine. The real question is the hopper. I have it plugged in, and it won't pay out. I checked and it is enabled. But on the side of the hopper, the little green light is not lit. How do I test the hopper and make sure it is working correctly? Also, is there a fuse or a pin out that I should be checking for the black plug that connects into the back of the hopper?
CVslots

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2013, 12:15:43 AM »

Wait!!! I just looked and you said you were adding coin to your machine, and have your list of things you were buying. I just re-read it and you never mentioned you were going multi-denom, so YES, you have to have the TouchCell!  frying pan

Sorry, I was slow catching up...

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2013, 12:41:11 AM »

Roz Look at reply #10  I didn't know he had a touch pad and I sent him a button, I'm guessing he has both of them hooked up.  Scratch Head Scratch Head

bwinkl04

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2013, 12:43:57 AM »

I don't have a touch pad.  But I do have a 6 6 3 display.  I have a button hooked up but the button doesn't do anything.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.