Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 11:41:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Buying a New Machine... What should I get? FOUND ONE
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buying a New Machine... What should I get? FOUND ONE  (Read 4803 times)
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 147

« on: November 25, 2013, 04:16:26 AM »

Looking for some ideas.  Just sold my S plus today to buy something new.  Doesn't have to be an S2000... Just not an S Plus.  Here is my list off needs & wants...

-  $650 budget, including freight
-  reel slots only
-  round or 16" top (no chop tops)
-  would prefer 5 or 9 line (no higher)
-  bonus games a HUGE plus (vision screen, 4th reel, etc, but based on my budget, hard to find)
-  backlit reels a must
-  cool sounds, or ability to use a SIMM (no r board games)

Any suggestions?  Darker glass is preferred, to match the other machines I have, but not a deal breaker.  Sounds are kind of important.  Also, open to other brands, but I've only been an igt owner.  Anyone have anything cool for sale?  

« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 03:06:21 PM by angryninjas » Logged
tollguy316
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 05:31:27 AM »

Hmmm... If you have a machine shipped; that will cost $200-$300 which doesn't leave much  $$$$  for a machine .... I'd search Craigslist and look for a machine within driving distance.....  As far as what machine to get ..... I am a huge fan of the bonus type machines and I'd go for a Dotmation or a Vision.     Good Luck, Bill
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 05:45:34 AM »

Yeah, searched locally and nothing around right now.  There usually isn't up here in Maine.  I might have to wait for something to pop up.  I like the idea of a dotmation... Just can't find any for sale in my price range. Sad
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 03:07:35 PM »

Just picked up a 5 lines Double Diamond Mine Vision machine.  Never had a vision before.  Looks fun.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 04:09:16 PM »

I surprised you got a Vision machine as 1st choice.
Let us see a video of it booting up?  yummy
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 04:24:21 PM »

Well, wasn't first choice, but first choice in my price range.  I had a budget of $650 shipped... so I had to get something with a $400ish price tag, and I already have an S2000 and S plus.  Wanted something with some sort of bonus game, and the 4th reel bonus S2000's seemed to be just slightly out of my price range (I had my eye on a super spin sizzling seven... but was $100 more).  I never had a vision before... it will be here next week.  Why the video of it booting up?  Is there something I should know?  lol.  

I also have a spare black round top packed away, so I can always switch it over to something else if the vision gets old.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 04:28:32 PM »

What happens a lot with Visions is they get don't have the topbox CF cards.
I hope yours will have it!!!

A Vision machine is actually two computers in one machine.
One on top with an LCD screen and the regular MPU below.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 05:26:01 PM »

looks like we been selling visions too cheap
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 05:36:16 PM »

Guess so... but worst case I can take the vision out later and have a regular S2000.

Yeah, this one has the CF card in it.  Game fully plays and everything on the screen works.  Picked it up for $650 with freight included, which is pretty descent I thought, since freight is at least a couple hundred bucks to me here in Maine.  This is the exact machine, he just hasn't taken down the auction yet, even though it's bought and paid for.  On the acution he was asking $749 plus $195 shipping, so I thought $650 all inclusive was a pretty good deal

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300968938810
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 06:05:00 PM »

they might have more than one of the same game that's why it,s still up visions are fun games
tollguy316
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 07:00:12 PM »

Visions are great machines.  Your title is a bit of a bummer; but you can always switch the kit; although finding glass might be difficult for the better games.....    Congrats, Bill
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 07:03:26 PM »

Thanks.  I see Rudys has a slingo top glass and CF card (sold separately).  No bottom glass though.  How is that game?  And I heard that the monitor has to be updated to play certain games... are the update files something I can get from somebody?  I'm guessing I just pop them onto a card similar to the CF card that the game files reside on an pop it in to update?
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 07:27:58 PM »

Angryninja,
Congrats on your machine ...Visions are fun to play but glass not so fun to find .....I have a complete RT slingo kit if you are interested, I have been looking at some of your custom kits on your site,so if you are interested maybe we could do some bartering? You can see the game being played on You Tube to see if you like it.
PM me and let me know
Thanks,
Eric
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 08:16:28 PM »

Hey Eric,

Yeah, definitely a possibility.  Shoot me a PM with what you are looking for  Wink  I'll take a look at the RT slingo on youtube
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.