Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:13:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  What Model # bulbs for backlit reels?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Model # bulbs for backlit reels?  (Read 3421 times)
TheChad
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« on: December 05, 2013, 05:15:22 PM »

Hey all,

Okay, so I have been changing out bulbs in my machine to LED's.  I've read about using LED's for Reel Bulbs (Creating Hot Spots, or Spot Lights), I am convinced however that is caused by the TYPE of LED bulb used!

What is the correct (from IGT) bulb # that is suppose to be use in the backlit reels?  Right now my machine has 194's which I'm pretty sure are not the correct bulbs, I believe I read somewhere they are suppose to be a Xenon bulb?

I have experimented with a couple different LED bulbs in just one of the reels and I have found no "Spot beam" or "Hot spot" effect, because the LED's I used were 360 degree wide angle bulbs..  However the problem I have run into is that I guess the machine ALWAYS has power on the backlit bulbs, with incandescent bulbs they are just d dull light that doesn't even shine threw the reels, however on the LED's they are really bright!  They still blinked/flashes as all the machine is doing is reducing the voltage so when it increases the voltage the LED's get brighter and still flash/blink.  Just when they are idle they are much brighter than the incandescent..   I'm not real sure if that's fixable!?  So my next thought is if I have to use incandescent, I want to try to get one that has a whiter color spectrum...   The 194's that are currently in my reels are fairly dull..

Thanks,

-TheChad

erbs
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 66

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 05:55:46 PM »

The ones that I use are xe359
mvco
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 11:21:00 PM »

You need a different reel light control board when using LED's, or yes, they are too bright all the time.  the Xenon 359 lamp is the one, as erbs posted.  Way, way brighter than 194's
TheChad

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 11:24:45 PM »

You need a different reel light control board when using LED's, or yes, they are too bright all the time.  the Xenon 359 lamp is the one, as erbs posted.  Way, way brighter than 194's

Any idea what a LED control board runs? are they available?  will it work with LED bulbs in my existing reels, or would I have to buy the LED reels?

Thanks,

-TheChad
mvco
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 11:46:21 PM »

Check with Central Valley, maybe they have the setup you need.  That is where I get mine when roz has them in stock.  I am thinking you can use the same reel baskets, but may stand corrected on that.  But for sure, you need a different control board.  Replacing that with the proper one insures thye LED's are totally off when they should be.  :-)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 01:54:47 AM »

Which one is brighter????

* GW_STANDARD_T-3_1_4.pdf (194.69 KB - downloaded 80 times.)
* XET-3_1_4.pdf (152.17 KB - downloaded 79 times.)

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
TheChad

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 02:14:38 AM »

Which one is brighter????

According to the datasheets:

The 194 is suppose to be brighter (25.14 Lumens) vs the XE358 (25 Lumens)..

But that can't be right!?  Of course the XE358 has Xenon gas in the bulb which is suppose to make it brighter, but one would think the Lumens would show that!?

-TheChad
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 02:39:51 AM »

Any idea what a LED control board runs? are they available?  will it work with LED bulbs in my existing reels, or would I have to buy the LED reels?

Thanks,

-TheChad

You have to buy the LED reels, even if you have a led control board (which will also work with you reels), the harnesses are different between the two, so if you just connect the led reel control board, you will have the same results you have now.  You need to get.

1.  5 LED reels (which are 2 1/4 inches wide)
2.  a Reel shelf, unless you current reels are 2 1/4 inch wide, and that is VERY rare with incandescent reels
3.  a 5 reel LED harness, different than the one on your current reel shelf.
4.  a wide 5 reel glass, as the spacing is different.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.