Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 05:54:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Extra coin error
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Extra coin error  (Read 5104 times)
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« on: December 08, 2013, 09:05:26 PM »

I shopped out a IGT S2000 today. I found the wires to the solenoid for the handle unplugged. Plugged them in and now when I pull the handle the machine tilts with the error "Extra coin paid out" Hopper error.
The machine is coinless with no hopper. Has anyone else had this error before?

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 11:16:05 PM »

Seems like someone recently had a similar issue and it wasa shorted solenoid on the handle. Did you try unplugging the solenoid to see if the problem went away?
Neonkiss

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 11:29:36 PM »

Seems like someone recently had a similar issue and it wasa shorted solenoid on the handle. Did you try unplugging the solenoid to see if the problem went away?

Cowboy, The machine was playing fine after shopping it out, then I noticed the handle would not pull. Checked the solenoid and found the connector off. Re attached the connector and this problem started. So yes it does play normal with the solenoid disconnected.

I also noticed the coin amount goes down by 1 each time the handle is pulled with the solenoid wires attached. That's the extra coin out signal of the tilt.

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 12:23:35 AM »

Do you have a known good solenoid to try?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Neonkiss

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 12:37:03 AM »

I guess that's next.  Scratch Head

I don't get how it could be the solenoid since it takes power and pulls to engage the handle release.
it only sends an error when the handle is pulled so I would think it was in some wiring of the handle stop switch?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 12:54:06 AM by Neonkiss » Logged

Neonkiss

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 12:52:21 AM »

OK, I eliminated the solenoid as the problem.
Not by trying another solenoid, but by disconnecting the wires to the solenoid, removing the coin tray and closing the door. The machine re-set and was ready for play. I then reached in from the missing coin tray and manually pulled the solenoid to release the handle. Pulled the handle and the error came up again.

So it has to be with the wiring in the machine, the MPU or the backplane. The switch in the handle box should be wired with the spin reels button.

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 12:55:31 AM »

Could be the micro switch on the handle assembly
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 02:54:04 AM »

Dang it, I posted earlier (from the damn Emergency Room no less, as Darrell has apparently ruptured one or both of his eardrums, WTF???), apparently cell coverage/reception in there is not stellar. But anyway, the most recent issue/post was from member named SturgeonGeneral, he had his handle solenoid wires shorting out against the cabinet. It fried his door I/O...

And for what it's worth, I (secretly) love when we have an S2000 problem we DON'T know the answer to! Gives us something to think about!

proten

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 03:08:22 AM »

Roz
Don't be boxing Darrell's ears!     Cry Laughing 3 Stooges

One step at a time.
CVslots

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 03:28:35 AM »

Well, then, he needs to step it up on shopping machines. I might have to get the whip out, AGAIN!!!

Lucky for me, they did not even SUSPECT abuse!  bust gut laughing Like I've said, we are a pretty small (and very antiquated in many ways) town...THANK GOD!!!  bust gut laughing

Neonkiss

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 09:34:00 AM »

Roz, That's some drastic measures on Darrel's part to not have to listen to your ... WIFE!!! WIFE!!! WIFE!!! WIFE!!! WIFE!!!

Just Kidding
Hope he's feeling better.

CVslots

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 03:18:30 PM »

Roz, That's some drastic measures on Darrel's part to not have to listen to your ... WIFE!!! WIFE!!! WIFE!!! WIFE!!! WIFE!!!

Just Kidding
Hope he's feeling better.

Funny Robert, real funny...another comedian!!!! j/k of course.  He's hurting, but we've just about got that under control (thanks to a shot in the butt and some 1000mg Norcos). There's just certain body parts you shouldn't have bloody stuff dripping out of, and ears are one of them!  ill I'm sure he'll be feeling better in a few days...thanks!

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 03:58:22 PM »

Robert,

that signal goes to the cabinet I/O  as do all the hopper signals,  I would suspect that item or pins being bent on the back of the I/O card, the handle switch wire is 7c,  the handle soleniod is 7a.  it could be getting mixed up with the coin out signal from the hopper.

hope this helps

Jim 

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Neonkiss

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 08:11:51 PM »

Robert,

that signal goes to the cabinet I/O  as do all the hopper signals,  I would suspect that item or pins being bent on the back of the I/O card, the handle switch wire is 7c,  the handle soleniod is 7a.  it could be getting mixed up with the coin out signal from the hopper.

hope this helps

Jim  

Ding, Ding, Ding......  The Wave Dancing Party
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner.  CoolChicken turkey CoolChicken

Jim wins the prize. It was the I/O
Machine has one of the Enhanced I/O boards (black plastic) Changed it and the machine plays normal.

Now what the Hell are the Enhanced I/O boards for if they don't work on the S2000's with the Enhanced MPU's ???

he had his handle solenoid wires shorting out against the cabinet. It fried his door I/O...

OK, just re-read Roz's post. She did say door I/O also but I missed it the first read with all the ER stuff.
How is Darrel today?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 08:24:04 PM by Neonkiss » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.