Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 09:15:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Reflective Liner for Light Boxes
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reflective Liner for Light Boxes  (Read 2282 times)
DoubleZero
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 13

WTB: Mummy short reel glass.

« on: December 11, 2013, 07:02:04 PM »

So, once a machine is completely cleaned, tuned and there is no work left to be done, what's one to do? I asked myself that exact question recently and was looking for other opportunities to tinker, so I started adding reflective liner to the light boxes. I don't imagine this is a new idea, but the results have been better than I expected. Basically, I placed white, adhesive contact paper across the bottom of the top box and entirely behind the light in the belly glass area. With the glass in place, the results appear to be a 10% to 15% increase in brightness ... maybe just the solution for those of you who want brighter, more defused lighting. Here's a pic of the liner in one of my box tops:

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 11:15:18 PM »

Years ago on Truck or Trailer tail/brake lights the housings would get all rusty so we would put aluminum foil behind the bulb. Doesn't sound like much but it really helped.

Look at your backlit reels, some of the housing are White plactic and some of them are shiny plastic.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
DAVEdetroit
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 37

Caille Triple With Music

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 12:53:53 PM »

So, once a machine is completely cleaned, tuned and there is no work left to be done, what's one to do? I asked myself that exact question recently and was looking for other opportunities to tinker, so I started adding reflective liner to the light boxes. I don't imagine this is a new idea, but the results have been better than I expected. Basically, I placed white, adhesive contact paper across the bottom of the top box and entirely behind the light in the belly glass area. With the glass in place, the results appear to be a 10% to 15% increase in brightness ... maybe just the solution for those of you who want brighter, more defused lighting. Here's a pic of the liner in one of my box tops:

THE BEST SOLUTION--Is To Spray The Light Box With FLAT WHITE Spray Paint.
Use KRYLON Or Some Other Fast Drying Paint.

RUSTOLEUM Is An Enamel nd Will Take DAYS To Dry.
777sizzler
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 19

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 10:17:39 PM »

First release on s-2000 reel buckets (hold the lamps) were Chrome.  They then changed to white and on some diff. models used Partition windows over the buckets.  Most of the last release and esp. higher end s-2000's had led's but still white light buckets.   This was just about reels as seen there were lots of talk about them in the past from reading.  The top box idea is good in my opinion for better clean lighting/reflection.
DoubleZero

Total Karma Storms: 13

WTB: Mummy short reel glass.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 11:54:51 PM »

Painting the whole box would only have been practical if I was doing an entire tear down, IMO. I like the idea, but the contact paper was literally only a five-minute job. And since the s2000 light sits so high in the top box, I was mostly focused on increasing light to the bottom-third of the glass. Mission accomplished!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.