Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:24:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators.
| | |-+  IGT DBV-145 Question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT DBV-145 Question  (Read 5823 times)
enforcer
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 48

« on: April 22, 2009, 10:10:41 PM »

I have a IGT Triple Diamond slot that has a DBV-145-SS-6031-B023 bill validator.  It was acting finicky (took five to six times to take a bill), so I wanted to replace it.  I purchased a DBV-145-SS-6031-B022 off of ebay, which didn't seem to work.  Are they not interchangeable ?  Does some eprom or something else need to be changed to use the -B022.  Is their a bill validator that would work with just a swap out and that would also take the newer bills with color etc. ?

Thanks,

-enforcer
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 12:14:14 AM »

There should be an eprom in the head of your original 145, you could just swap it from the older unit into the newer unit.  In the DBV series, you can swap out the heads only and you are good to go.  In your case you can buy a DBV-200 head (with the right software IDO 022/023) and just replace your DBV-145 head and you will have 4 way acceptance.  Also the DBV-200 supports the new $10, and since it's now discontinued, I believe it's the last Nextgen bill supported.  the DBV-145 stopped at the new $50's and only accepts bills face up.  You may also need to replace the DBV power supply with one with more current.  If you look at the DBV power supply (a Black brick usually to the left of the DBV cage) look to see if it has vents, if it does not, you will need one that does as the DBV-200 requires more power.  There's also a Capacitor mod you can do to the power supply if you don't want to spend the money, but the DBV power supplies are now cheap enough where I don't think it's worthwhile to do the cap upgrade unless you want to do it for the adventure of it.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.