Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:47:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators.
| | |-+  DBV 200 with new eprom update problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DBV 200 with new eprom update problem  (Read 5067 times)
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 62

« on: April 27, 2009, 05:14:35 PM »

I just installed a new updated eprom in my 200, (bought from a vendor here) it has the new $10 update.  The problem is that it will only accept the new style ten occasionally.  Sometimes I have to try 4 or 5 times, sometimes 12-15 times. Different bills don't seem to make the difference.  crisp, semi-crisp or floppy.  Eventually it usually will take it, and the credits count fine.  Just cleaned the optics last week. Does this thing need to be calibrated?  And where can i get the calibration paper? What else should i check?  It takes all the older currency just fine.

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 05:43:55 PM »

Check the center roller and see if any residue on it, but yes it probably needs calibrating, I can let you use a sheet of cal paper and if you just return it when done, did you use just water on a soft rag to clean or something else ?

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 06:49:57 PM »

Jim, I just used water on a q-tip and lightly wiped them dry with a soft rag.
What is the best thing to clean the rollers with?  Water?
 There is some stuff on the rollers.

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 06:59:27 PM »

A Micro Fiber towel works best but any soft towel just damp or you can use a drop of mild soap on the rag, I use my thumb and press at a diagonal direction and push down, the center one is the most important but all should be clean

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 08:02:09 PM »

O.K. I re cleaned the optics and the rollers with a special cloth for cleaning monitors, no chemicals, water only.
It is still finicky, but it takes a lot less tries to get it to accept the 10's.
It takes older 5's and 1's first time every time.

While I am at it, should the transport gears be lubed with silicon grease or something of the sort?
They are a bit noisy too. I cleaned the belts in the transport, ( I used the better of the two I had)
When I got the machine.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.