Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:30:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators.
| | |-+  DBV-145 - not working - please help!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DBV-145 - not working - please help!!  (Read 33160 times)
BeanMan
« on: October 01, 2009, 10:18:44 PM »

Hey guys,  It's been a while since I have been last on here, due to my wife having a baby and being completely overloaded at work.  Anyways I am back and from to get my DBV-145-ss working on my IGT S+ Triple Diamond.

So my situation is very similar to the one below...
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=731.msg8620#msg8620

But when I run the check I get 9 1, which I am assuming means its working? Though it will not actually accept any Bills!!
I guess I shouldn't assume, and leave it up to who ever is willing to help my poor soul!

Thanks in advance!
fanninislots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 86

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 02:53:53 AM »

Does ypur BV cycle when you turn on the power? Does it take the bill in and then reject it? Ben

BeanMan
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 10:44:41 AM »

Thanks for the reply!

When the power is turned on the BV cycles for a little bit and then stops, but never takes any bills in.

jaeckleint
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 11:14:02 AM »

Does the face plate light up?  And have you made any changes to the machine IE: change game or chips . or did it just work one day and not the next?
BeanMan
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 11:33:13 AM »

I just checked the face plate for the BV and it does not light up.
I personally have not made any changes but I am not sure if the person who I bought it from did.

The BV has been doing the same thing since I got it.

Thanks,
Ben
jaeckleint
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 11:56:55 AM »

you stated you have the 9-1 but did you verify that the denomination is set?
Press self test until you see 6 in coins played and a value in credits display (it must not be 0) it is the denomination value 1 - 1c, 5 - 5c, 25 - 25c, etc.
If that is correct check all the connectors to the validator and its power supply for backed out pins or broken wires.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 12:08:04 PM by jaeckleint » Logged
BeanMan
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 12:40:32 PM »

The denomination is set to 25 as it should be.

I pulled out the BV and noticed that the wire harness on the right of the BV was heavily taped.  I took off the tape and found that one of the 4 wires (yellow going to #4 on harness) has pulled out of the back of the harness. 
I tried to push it back in but it doesn't want to go. This there any easier way to do this?
fanninislots

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 02:44:21 PM »

Beanman could you post a picture of the machine and the wiring harness? Ben

BeanMan
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 10:33:17 PM »

Here are a few pictures of the wire and harness.
I hope this helps.

* IMG00017-20091002-2017.jpg (529.27 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 340 times.)

* IMG00021-20091002-2018.jpg (365.65 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 370 times.)
fanninislots

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 10:42:51 PM »

Those plugs are hard to repair its easyer to replace the bracket assembly they $15.00 plus shipping and you will have working in no time.

Ben

BeanMan
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 10:47:33 PM »

Thanks, Ben

I appreciate your help!

I feel like I am tryping to myself since my name is Ben also.
jaeckleint
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 10:54:46 PM »

strip back the wire stick it in the back of the terminal and put a dab of solder on it. If you have a solder iron, just don't over do it!
BeanMan
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 11:55:01 PM »

I have never soldered anything before and therefore don't have the equipment. So I am thinking I will go with the  bracket assembly.  Where is the best place to find the bracket assembly?
Thanks
jaeckleint
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 12:17:17 AM »

If Ben does not chime back in that he can get you one try Jim at Blueridge slots at the top of the page. He has everything yes
BeanMan
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 12:27:17 AM »

Thank you!
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 12:50:19 AM »

a word of caution when you replace the bracket assembly. the three screws you have to remove to do this are metric screws. they strip out very easy ,they are hard enough to get to ( the two on the backwall) so if you have a # 1 hardened phillips tip it will make the job easier. just make sure they are lined up first before you try to screw in the screws.  The reason that your bill acceptor isn't working is that cable that is broke is a communication link to the optics in the bottom of that bracket assembly, you can just replace the cable itself, but it is alot more complicated. the optics shoot a beam across the bracket,when you insert the cash can it blocks the beam and that's how it knows if the can is present or missing. If the stacker messes up it allows the beam to shoot thru the holes on the cash can and even though the can is in place , it knows that something is wrong, and won't allow the unit to enable itself.

Good Luck

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 01:15:17 AM »

The first time I had to try and put those two little back into the backwall was pure hell! LOL
They kept falling off the screwdriver... Tongue Out
I found that the easiest way was to hold the unit over my head
while using gravity, put the screws back in like putting in a ceiling light bulb...upwards.
I don't recommend this though..
What I do recommend though, is to get yourself a good, correct sized
magnetic screwdriver to hold the screws to your tip. yes
BeanMan
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2009, 09:43:04 AM »

Wow, thanks for the added info!
Thanks for taking the time to explain why it doesn't work and why it needs to be replaced.
jaeckleint
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 11:22:19 AM »

In all the info we are giving you, we forgot to tell you why it is broken Duh! In case it is not obvious to you the door latch will grab and bite this harness when you close and latch the door hissy fit So once you get it fixed make sure to secure it out of the way and be carefull closing the door while watching the latch near that harness. wave
I had this same issue, and I agree the screws are a pain and I have the correct tools and have been an auto mechanic most of my life and they still fought me for a while. Another option would be to remove the bracket and take it to a radio/tv repair shop and have them fix the connector. If you can find one of those places. Or a friend that solders.
Or I only live in Maryland if you want to send me the bracket I will fix it for you at no charge, you just pay for return postage.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 11:28:06 AM by jaeckleint » Logged
BeanMan
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 12:19:36 PM »

That's very nice of you to offer your assistance.  I may take you up on that offer, I just have a wedding that will take all day today and my daughter's birthday party tomorrow.  So I don't know when I will get a chance to remove the bracket, but maybe I could get it in the mail on Monday to send you?

Thanks again,
Ben
jaeckleint
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 12:27:03 PM »

I sent you a personal message PM with my address.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2009, 02:46:14 AM »

What I do recommend though, is to get yourself a good, correct sized
magnetic screwdriver to hold the screws to your tip. yes
[/quote

Mark If you ever have a need for a magnet screw driver, you can make one by wrapping the screw driver with electrical wire, use 16 or 18 ga wire and wrap one layer around the screw driver go out to your car and short the ends of the wire, one end to pos and other end to neg post of your car battery. some sparks can be expected and the screw driver will jump around but end product a low cost magnet screw driver

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2009, 03:03:06 AM »

[/quote

Mark If you ever have a need for a magnet screw driver, you can make one by wrapping the screw driver with electrical wire, use 16 or 18 ga wire and wrap one layer around the screw driver go out to your car and short the ends of the wire, one end to pos and other end to neg post of your car battery. some sparks can be expected and the screw driver will jump around but end product a low cost magnet screw driver

Either that or nice straight hair... arrow
BeanMan
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 10:49:45 PM »

OK, I now have a new problem! Help

I installed the new bracket assembly, which seems to work.  The "Insert Bills Face up" sign lights up, but not all the time, its selective.  When it is lit up it pulls the bill in, and waits maybe 10-15 seconds and then spits it back out.  It seems to maybe not read the bill correctly or something, not sure.  After to does that then the "Insert Bills Face up" sign does not light up.

I am baffled, please help a poor soul...
jaeckleint
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 11:08:40 PM »

I just went thru a very long ordeal with this similar symptom. The fix was a ram clear. Get a clear chip and rule it out. Cheap and fast to do. My not be the case here but saves a lot of time if it is. And you will most likely need a clear & set chip in the future so it will not be a bad investment.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.