Another What Have I Got Here Thread
(1/8) > >>
Lord-Data:
Ok,
Well, it's time for another What Have I Got Here thread.

I've picked up a couple of 2-board/panel LED Matrix displays, and a single larger one, made up of 9 of the panels/boards, all daisy-chained together.
Each of the controller boards are the same. I've attached some pics which show some serial numbers/barcodes.

The sticker has:
341-012-90C GRAPH DRVR2(FCC) 00221380 on each of the smaller boards, and silk-screens is:
Graphics Driver 2 Rev C
Part #321-011-20

I guess the questions are, what have I got so I can search further about them, and what typically drives these boards? What protocol/method could I use to make my own driver for them?
I'd love to have an arduino/R.Pi type of system able to drive these panels.
A quick google on the UCN5832A chips that are on boards show they are an older 32-bit serial driver chip, which can be used for LED matrixes, so the question is, how do I use it? The connectors seem to be a 10-pin cable, which allows driving of the whole board, so I'm guessing some form of addressing at play?

Thanks if anyone can shed some light here
knagl:
I'd have to look at one of the Supreme displays I have at home to be sure, but I think they're Supreme displays, which can be controlled with a Supreme controller.
uniman:
Quote from: knagl on December 09, 2013, 02:15:34 AM

I'd have to look at one of the Supreme displays I have at home to be sure, but I think they're Supreme displays, which can be controlled with a Supreme controller.

That's what they are, Surpreme displays.
Lord-Data:
Thanks heaps for the input guys.
As a side note, how "available" are these Supreme controllers? I didn't see much looking on eBay just now..
Alternatively, do you know any details about the protocol between the Controller and the boards themselves? Some basic research on the UCN chips show they are serial 32-bit latch chips, so I guess it's a matter of clocking out the bits one by one to the chain of chips, but I'm wondering if it's more complicated than that?
Labrat:
It looks like the inside of a progressive display like jackpot carnival or cash express which is run fro a paltronics controller. Only guessing as have some thing similar in workshop
Navigation
Message Index
Next page