Another What Have I Got Here Thread
<< < (2/8) > >>
uniman:
Those are Mikohn boards, I have a supreme display with same part #.
Mine just sits on a shelf, haven't used it yet.
Pretty sure you need a Supreme controller board and power supply to drive the graphics and a Con box (There are different Con's, not sure which one needed)if you connect slots to it. Also believe you need the proper Supreme controller that matches the size of you display, looks like 3 by ??.

Jay is the resident expert here on the Supreme.
Lord-Data:
Quote from: uniman on December 09, 2013, 11:23:17 PM

Those are Mikohn boards, I have a supreme display with same part #.
Mine just sits on a shelf, haven't used it yet.
Pretty sure you need a Supreme controller board and power supply to drive the graphics and a Con box (There are different Con's, not sure which one needed)if you connect slots to it. Also believe you need the proper Supreme controller that matches the size of you display, looks like 3 by ??.

Jay is the resident expert here on the Supreme.

I've got a 3x3 panel of these, and a couple of 1x2 made up of the same display boards.
uniman:
Looks like a Con2 needed to interface to slots, a Supreme controller for graphics. You use Mikohn PSP software connected to the Supreme with an RS232 cable with pins 1 & 5 grounded at the Supreme end.

I've done StandAlone controllers but never messed with the Supreme.

Here is a link that may help; http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4971.0
Lord-Data:
So I need a Supreme controller board, or to make my own controller, to make this panel do something useful. I'm not worried about progressive, I'm more thinking text if anything. I can't seem to find anywhere to buy a 2nd hand Supreme Controller locally (Australia). I'm fluent enough in programming Arduino and similar devices, I'm more interested in if anyone knows the pinout of the cable between the Supreme controller and the displays (10 pin wire). The main chips on the displays are UCN5832A, which are serial matrix drivers, and some searching shows that of the 10 pins, there is a good chance that the wires are made up of only a few data lines, and the other 50% are ground lines. Does this sound right to anyone in the know?

The matrix the online document talks about uses a second controller sub-system to switch colours by switching power planes, however it seems that's not the case in this one. It looks like there is a chance that each colour is a 'pixel/pin' on the matrix, so each LED is effectively represented as 3 bits. Anyone know any more about the technical side of these things?

Thanks,
qbert:
Check with rudysdeals (John Haas) I got a supreme controller from him not too long ago.
They are fun to play with lots of info here if you look.

Rich
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page