Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 11:27:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  CLOSED TOPICS
| |-+  New Life Games Classifieds for 1-1-2014
| | |-+  WTB: 3902 IGT I game Back plane *found*
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WTB: 3902 IGT I game Back plane *found*  (Read 4332 times)
barsnsevens
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

Mike

« on: January 12, 2014, 04:43:42 PM »

Want to do my first  I game change so looking for this  yes
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:49:18 PM by barsnsevens » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 06:05:02 PM »

Need more info.  If your changing a Game King to a I Game and were using a 3902 board in the Game King there is no need to change the mother board. About the only difference in a Game King and a I Game is the glass and the software. Also I can think of two different mother boards used in a Game King. A picture of the MPU installed will help a lot.

If you have a Key 22 it will do anything the Key040 will do.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
barsnsevens
Contributing NLG Member

Mike

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 06:17:12 PM »

My I game has Stinkin Rich on a 3902 board. I only have a key 17 chip I use on my s2000. I have another 3902 board on the way. So I was thinking I could just take out the current setup. Then Install this Money storm software on the new board. with another mother board and use the key chip. Then I can swap in main board mother board combos and change the games quicker. My thinking may not be correct as this is my first game change in an I game.  Scratch Head
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 07:21:15 PM by barsnsevens » Logged
barsnsevens
Contributing NLG Member

Mike

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 07:27:07 PM »

Found a key chip. If the game changes are not too much trouble. I guess I can use the same mother board and just use the key 22 or 40 and switch out the games. Just trying to minimize chip swapping. The I game is all new to me just learning about them from reading on NLG.   applause
barsnsevens
Contributing NLG Member

Mike

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 08:30:06 PM »

I just found the 960 stepper video back planes at rudys deals for $14.99 and bought 2. There are 3 left if anyone else needs them.  yes
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 08:51:55 PM »

I'll bet that's not the only 30 bucks you waste in your life time. You have a great idea and it does work, but you don't have to change the mother board you just have to change the EEPROM that is located on the mother board. It's a very small 8 pin chip and if you keep the chip with the game board the machine willl never know you changed games.

I'm pretty sure it was Tilt that came up with a way to mount the EEPROM on the MPU board. I've never done it so you will have to talk to him.

barsnsevens
Contributing NLG Member

Mike

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 09:06:33 PM »

I'm just learning what I can as I go so a newbie mistake on my part.   Duh!
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 01:22:53 AM »

The number on the EEPROM is 24C64  There is a bunch of them on ebay anywhere from 30 cents each to 7 bucks each.  Make sure you buy DIP version.  ( look at the picture and make sure it has legs and fits in a socket and not the solder on chip.)

barsnsevens
Contributing NLG Member

Mike

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 11:17:14 AM »

Thanks buzz. That is the way i will go. Looks easier than swapping mother boards too. K+ to you for your help
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 11:32:15 AM »

The number on the EEPROM is 24C64  There is a bunch of them on ebay anywhere from 30 cents each to 7 bucks each.  Make sure you buy DIP version.  ( look at the picture and make sure it has legs and fits in a socket and not the solder on chip.)

Hey Buzz, I thought the chip was 24LC16?  I didn't know the 24C64 was compatible?  Good to know.  :Dave
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.