Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 11:08:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  809 NOT READING COIN INPUT PLEASE HELP
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 809 NOT READING COIN INPUT PLEASE HELP  (Read 3567 times)
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« on: December 27, 2010, 07:58:34 AM »

Hello Group:
I hope that everyone is having a healthy and happy holiday season.  I am healthy, but not as happy since my 809 just failed to register coins being played all of a sudden.  I had a house full of old ladies that were having a ball.  They thought the fix was in until they saw me look around and scratching my head for a good long time.

Seems when you insert a coin it falls into the hopper.  There is no sound or release at the arm and the multiplier does not register the coin either.  Manually flicking the microswitch is no help.  I can hear a mechanical, not electrical sound inside of the switch but there is no other sign of life.  I pulled the hopper out and cleaned all of the contacts on it and checked the 3 rear fuses in the back of the case which all were good.  Please Help.  I have a mutiny on my hands.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Include plain language descriptions and locations of possible trouble spots since I am just a techy in training.  Thanks in advance.

Terrance
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 09:56:39 AM »

When you say Dead, Do you also mean NO LIGHTS?
If so, Did you have a hopper run away or run out of coins in the hopper?
If so, you may needs to re-set the timer. Push the metal bar under the hopper mount and see if the machine comes to life.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 10:56:03 AM »

Thanks for the response.  No Dead does not in this case lights out.  As a matter of fact from what I can tell all lights work except the coin accepted light and the multiplier lights don't advance of coarse.  I know that one thing can have many causes.  I am sorry I was not more specific.  T 
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 11:45:56 AM »

bad  coin   swicth  put a coin between 2 wire on swicth to test it if it works the swicth is bad if not check points on handle release  p/s you might have a extra coin swicth on  lower part of  front door , good part is there nothing you can,t fix on a bally em
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 12:04:39 PM »

Sounds like you have a blade switch that needs to be cleaned on the handle release inside of the slot machine, or as slotsteve just posted your coin mech switch has gone bad. One other question, did this happen after a jackpot was won or just out of the blue? Do not use sand paper or an nail file of the contacts, contact cleaner to clean any oil or grease and something very fine like a folder over piece of printer paper between the contacts Will clean them.. I check mine with a multi meter after cleaning to see if the contacts are working correctly..  Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 12:34:21 AM »

I'm inclined to think the coin microswitch, or something in its circuit, is bad. If it was (almost) anything else the coin lockout wouldn't be pulled in and all coins would be rejected. The current path is as follows:

Yellow (ground) to switch common
Blue-Yellow from normally open to one of the switches at the handle (should be closed)
Gray-Blue from the other side of that switch to number 1 snap switch, on the reel mech
Blue-Red, from the snap switch to a contact on the coin relay, in the top box
Gray-Orange from the other side of that contact to the relay coil
Orange from relay coil to 50V

The wiring passes through numerous connectors on the way but the colors stay the same. Usually the most troublesome contacts are on the handle. Check to make sure the screws holding the contact stacks are tight.

RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 01:50:38 AM »

You guys and gals are the best!  The old ladies are playing the troubled machine as I write.  The problem was (excuse my lack of proper terminology)  The contacts needed to be cleaned on the bottom, rear, left side of the hopper.  There is a coin there also.  I cleaned them with a coin wrapper.  One had a lot of goo in it.  I am learning.  Thank everyone for your help.  I did everything that was suggested.   My friend has a 831 with a similar problem.  I am going over his house and hopefully I can look like a big shot and fix it for him.  In the New York City area there are no techs around.  Thanks again.

Terrance
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 02:17:48 AM »

Terrrance... Congrats on fixing your machine,  applause and  NLG Welcome Hopefully your friends machine is a simple fix too, if not you know where to find us... Mail

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.