Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 11:51:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  coin hopper for 1971 bally 809-zt
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: coin hopper for 1971 bally 809-zt  (Read 3993 times)
toyotaoutlaw
« on: March 24, 2011, 08:42:40 PM »

okay so my coin hopper spins like its going to pay out. but it does not spit out any money. it seems to function fine except the coins not coming out. anyone know of anything i can try, or to look at??? i just bought this machine and trying to get it working properly. it would be cool to have this set up in my house and looking forward to getting it working properly so the little kids can have some fun with it when we have a family dinner or birthdays exc......

OKAY SO HERE IS ANOTHER THING THAT I DISCOVERED!!! IT WILL ONLY PAY OUT WHEN IT HITS JACKPOT OTHER THAN THAT IT DOES NOT PAY WHEN YOU BARS ACROSS ALL 3 REALS!!

its mode 809-zt
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 10:44:01 PM by toyotaoutlaw » Logged
AnotherTech
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 09:01:21 PM »

The problem with not paying for bars sounds like the reel strips are wrong, maybe just in the wrong order.  Does it pay for things it shouldn't?  That's another indication of reel strips.  If it's from 1971, it's older than anything I've worked on, but probably has mechanical or electro-mechanical reels.  The switches on electro-mechanical reels were apparently a nightmare to keep adjusted properly.

As for the hopper, do the coins just fall off the pin wheel?    Scratch Head  I'm assuming there are coins in the hopper.  Pics always help.  yes

The knife may be adjusted wrong.  The wiper may be knocking the coins off the shelf wheel. 
toyotaoutlaw
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 09:11:35 PM »

this is what i figured out

this is what pays out:
*5 bar on 3 reals only pays out on 3rd coin and 4th coin
*7 bar on 3 reels pays on 1-5 coin

doesn't pay out:
*1 bar on 3 reels does not pay 1-5 coin
*5 bar on 3 reels does not pay 1-3 coin

any help will be greatly appreciated. i dont know much about these machines i just bought this. first one i have owned
AnotherTech
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 11:10:31 PM »

Your machine has an electro-mechanical reel mech.  I've never worked on any of those professionally, but I did tinker with one a long time ago.  The switches/ wipers on the reels, and the relays all have to be working properly, and there are a lot of contacts.  My guess is a bad contact or relay.
toyotaoutlaw
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 03:18:10 AM »

is there a way to clean the switches. its been sitting for a long time. i found out if i pull one of the reals down when it hits something that should pay out it will pay out. if you get what i mean buy that. basically im moving the wiper to a different contact spot. but it pays out like i hit the jackpot.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 12:53:36 PM »

Sound like you might have an issue with some of the levers sticking on the shafts under the reels.. Clean and oil everything you can and make sure everything is moving freely. Also check the condition if any spring to see if they are streached or broken...

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
toyotaoutlaw
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 03:48:13 PM »

what type of oil do you use and what do you use to clean switches with?
arfulruf
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 01:42:46 AM »

Someone in the electromechanical forum uses wd-40. I use a thin strip from a
 coin wrapper and some 93% iso alcohol or denatured ethyl alcohol. I soak one of the coin
wrapper strips cut 1\4 inch by about 2 inches in alcohol, then slide it between the switch contacts
add a small amount of pressure to the switch and pull out the paper strip.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.