Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 06:28:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  BALLY SERIES E 2284 Issues....PLEASE HELP!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BALLY SERIES E 2284 Issues....PLEASE HELP!!!  (Read 10831 times)
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2013, 12:43:57 AM »

If the machine has been sitting I would start by checking all your main board connections. Check the power supply plug behind the hopper. That plug causes more problems. One other thing, how cold is the room the machines in? I have found these E-Series Ballys don't like to work if they are too cold. I have one that does work right if its not at least 68 degrees. One other thing I would check are the voltages at the test points on the power supply board. You should have 5V 7.5V & 10V on those loops. One other quick check is the cords condition since it comes out the bottom of these machines, and the fuses. Keep us posted, we'll get yea going again.

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
rl41h9
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2013, 11:39:48 AM »

I'll try to get to the machine later today. I worked 3rd shift last night and need to catch some sleep.

The fuses all looked good, I did check the voltage in a couple of places and found 10 volts. I also unhooked all the plugs from the boards and reattached them to make sure they were getting good contact.

What voltage do the solenoids work at? I'd like to check to see if they are getting what they're suppose to be getting. If they are, it would tell me if I have a bad solenoid.

Again, should the code 50 show after the door is closed, is it suppose to go away after a coin is dropped? This knowledge would help me to diagnose the coin drop(comparator).

I haven't seen the hopper turn yet. I would have thought it might do a reset spin if the door is closed or after a restart.  I've located the door switch in the hinge, but have not located any other door switches at this time.

When I look at it today, I plan to try and do a test 8, (operate the machine with the door open) and see if this gives me some worthwhile info.

Thanks for any help given.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2013, 12:08:17 PM »

The code 50 is normal and will go away once the first spin starts. Try test 4 to run the hopper. It should run and kick out 10 coins.

tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2013, 12:14:33 PM »

With the door open you will have a tower light on. When you close the door the light should turn off.

The code 50 000 will stay there after the door is closed and change only after the handle is pulled and the reels spin. It will change to how ever many coins you dropped and how many you win. It does not change when coins are dropped.

Example to  what it will show after one coin is dropped and handle pulled and no wins= 1 000    This is showing 1 coin was dropped and 000 won.

Have you pushed the reset on the hopper board and closed the door?

Does the "coin accepted" light come on when you drop a coin?

The other door switch, if it is still there, is by the door lock. It should be a closed contact. Or it might be removed and the wires tied together as this is what it should be.

Where does the coin go when you drop it ? to the hopper inside ?
rl41h9
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2013, 09:20:41 PM »

Hey everyone, thanks for your help. The machine is working now.

A little chrome polish and a couple of bulbs and the Fire department will be able to use it next weekend.

I found a few things wrong but the big problem was the fuse holder for the 10v was broken inside. Once I found that, the bells and whistles started working.

Again, The Fire department thanks you all.

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2013, 10:29:17 PM »

Congratulations   On getting it fixed  Clap
Not the first time I've seen those fuse holders fail. That's why I alway check them with a meter. I hope everyone enjoys playing it again. We're glad to help, please remember that NLG is free to everyone, and if you found our advice helpful, they do take donation through PayPal to help keep this sight running.

Gary

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.