Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:20:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  WINNER PAID LIGHT STAYS ON. HELP
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WINNER PAID LIGHT STAYS ON. HELP  (Read 4433 times)
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« on: September 23, 2011, 10:01:53 AM »

Greetings Group:

I have 2 809's and an 847 that seem to have the same problem.  After a win the winner paid light comes on as it is supposed to.  When the next coin is inserted and the handle is pulled the winner paid light stays on.  The light can remain lit for 10-20 non wins.  Only when the next win happens, and the handle is pulled after that win, do I hear a mechanical sound from inside and the light goes out.  Other than this the machines are working fine.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks so much.

Terrance
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 02:11:00 AM »

28 Looks and no one helps me out.  Whats up with that?  Did my question smell bad?   I am sure someone has a suggestion or a fix for this problem.  PLEASE help.
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 02:32:23 AM »

Sorry but all the help I can give you is the manual if you need it.
PM me your email address.

One step at a time.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 02:53:21 AM »

We only have a couple of EM experts on the site (same applies to the E-series) so it's not the number of page views, but who's doing the viewing. I can help with some EM issues but I don't know what would be causing your problem.

Hopefully one of the EM gurus will post, but it can take time.

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 03:19:21 AM »

I don't know squat about the Bally electromechanicals, but it would seem like there'd have to be a relay switch for that light that is sticking and needs a squirt of electonics cleaner. Probably located on the payout wheel I think is mounted to the side of the hopper assembly. Just a guess...
rdaniel
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 03:50:32 AM »

I have had a similar problem. The rubber zero stop on the payout counter may be old and sticky. I suggest that when you turn off the machines leave them on a double cherry, 5 coin win. That way the spiral cam will not rest on the rubber stop thus  giving it time to become less sticky. It might take a while but it should work.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 02:49:21 PM »

I'll reply! I'm no expert but my Bally 809 had this problem. I'm still working on payout problems now.
I don't know the exact cause of my WIN light issue but it started intermittently and then finally stayed working after checking the beau plugs where the hopper and reel mech plug into. Sometimes the female side, in the chassis, backs out of the plug housing after repeated "in's and out's." I would check all those as well as the male ends. Make sure the contacts are clean...BUT I still don't know the best way to clean those tabs! Someone said they were silver and to NEVER use a wire brush since it "kills the coating," but others have had success with light wire brushing (make sure to vacuum out the residue if you do) and then applying a coating that inhibits corrosion.
I'm using just a light spray of a good contact cleaner and I make sure to get it on the contacts only.
I hope this helps or is a start for more experienced people to jump in.
~mark
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 06:19:56 PM »

I don't have a machine in house, this is from memory,  the winner paid lamp is operated by a set of switches located behind the counter. it is near the reset coil, lower left ,bottom. the action of resetting the counter opens the switch. If I remember correctly the 100 tooth wheel may be involved as well.

will check my books later and see if I could be more specific.

the winner paid will light whenever there is no payout being made and the reset pawl switch is closed. the reset pawl closes anytime the machine has made a payout and the spiral cam on the hopper has not been reset. sequence is payout relay switch to open, the pawl switch to close, the payout relay switch to close completing the circuit to the winner paid lite.

Jim
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 02:22:59 AM by Jim » Logged

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Hund
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 02:31:28 AM »

Good pointers ... I'm a newie a the EM myself .... I have a 1090 and a 989

Just have to pick them apart

Have fun
Op-Bell
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 01:17:54 AM »

It's the small switch on the end of the spiral cam traveler. It may be maladjusted, or the cam may be a bit sticky and not returning quite far enough to operate it. If the next payout is one or two coins short, you have the second problem.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.