Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:16:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Non Stop reels on a 1983 Ballys
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Non Stop reels on a 1983 Ballys  (Read 4872 times)
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 62

« on: March 29, 2009, 08:28:58 PM »

Called a guy who has a 3 coin .25 1983 ballys for sale, he states all the lights work, but when you pull the handle the
reels just continually spinning with no stop. Question, for a newbie to this, is this an easy? fix, or should I just pass
on this. He will sell it for between $75-100.  Worth my effort, or is this a nightmare?

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 10:13:20 PM »

easy fix - price is good.  most likely a stuck "clock" or missing springs.
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 10:49:04 PM »

Hate to be a pain in the A**, but being new to this, could you please
explain in more detai what this involves?l

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 11:08:15 PM »

simply stated - best to get the machine, then with hands on you can see what is happening - you really don't know what is wrong until you have it nearby.  if the machine is all there - the price is right.
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 08:28:47 PM »

Finally got a hands on look at this machine, At first it powered up took the coin, pulled the handle, and sure enough the reels kept spinning. Then it chirped out  an error code 71 .000 .00 (not sure about the number of zeros. Opened it up to take a look, tried the keyed reset switch and gave it another go. This time the handle stuck in the down position and we had to pull the reels forward to release it. Tried again but when it powered up it buzzed real loud, same error code. turned it off and when we tried to turn it back on,  no power. The lower right fuse , 5amp in the back left cabinet was blown?
Overall the cabinet is in fair shape , the top glass is fairly faded, so the condition is fair.
Now where do i go from here?

FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 09:53:03 PM »

you have an e-series bally - I would start with cleaning the linkage and relubing it (reel mech) - sounds like the handle piston on the right side is bound up (rubber seal has destructed) - clean out the piston - you do not need the rubber seal (not available anyway).  check all the connectons to all the boards -  you need an e-series operations manual so you can run some of the tests using the buttons on the hopper - you may be a bad reel reader - door switch may not be working - all kinds of possiblities.   
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.