Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:46:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally 809 No power
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 809 No power  (Read 4646 times)
coinop
« on: August 22, 2009, 07:17:26 PM »

This is the only EM I own. Iit sat for some time until I recently started to tune it up. It has been playing fine until last night when it just died. The game was in a small payout mode when this occurred. The only thing I see getting power is a small light on the floor behind the hopper. I checked the three fuses behind the hopper and they tested fine. I need to source a manual for this game as it seems I will be removing the reel mechs and the rest to poke around. Are there additional fuses besides the three behind the hopper?  I may be in over my head but I do have a decent amount of em experience with pinballs. I want to at least make the effort to give this one a makeover. Any help with diagnosis or a source for the manual would be appreciated.  Help Thanks
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 07:44:05 PM »

If it quit during a payout, It may be the safety timer.
To reset it, they have a bar on the base by the hopper (Left Side)
Push it in towards the back and that resets the timer.

It's just a flat metal bar the reaches into the back of the machine and pushes the times reset.

Post back and let us know.

Make sure you have enough coins in the hopper.  propeller

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
Op-Bell
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 07:53:05 PM »

It's not a fuse, it's the hopper safety cutout. That's the "small light on the floor", which is an indicator for the hopper cutout. It must have run low on coins and let the hopper run a few seconds without paying out, and the safety timer ran out and cut power to the game. There's a reset, probably a sliding metal strip on the bottom of the case to the left of the hopper, otherwise pull the hopper and examine the assembly at back left of the cabinet for a reset button.

There's a good book that covers these old EMs available from Mead Publishing Co - Owner's Pictorial Guide, 1963 to 1981, sixth item down on that page.

coinop
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 08:33:52 PM »

That did the trick. Thanks a lot. There are plenty of coins in the hopper though I found some piled up on the floor of the machine. Must need an adjustment somewhere. That book looks like a great title so I ordered it. Thanks for the recommendation. Any clue where to find a hard copy of the manual? Thanks again!
Op-Bell

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 08:36:39 PM »

That book is the best manual you'll find anywhere. It covers the 809 in detail - also the 873.
Op-Bell

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 08:53:28 PM »

There are also some useful books available from Liberty Belle Books - the "complete service manual for Bally electromechanicals 1964-1980" for example. This is less comprehensive in its treatment (and less accurate) than the Mead book but it goes into finer detail about individual adjustments. It covers some different models, for example the Continental, though not fully.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.