Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:14:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Broken spring on E2831-32 not sure where it goes..
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Broken spring on E2831-32 not sure where it goes..  (Read 4559 times)
Rish
« on: February 03, 2010, 03:11:47 PM »

I found this spring (see pic) on the right side of my Reel assembly just hanging there, anyone know where the other end was connected before it broke? does anyone have this spring available?

* DSCF3787.JPG (594.12 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 230 times.)
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 03:32:10 AM »

Pretty sure it goes on that pin sticking out of the crescent gear above your finger...

Thanks,
Bill
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 05:52:37 AM »

Actually, it goes on first pin on the the backside of the crescent gear.

* DSCF3787.m.JPG (552.27 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 200 times.)

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 02:26:13 PM »

Rish,
A lot of those springs are re-usable.
With a pair of needle nose, grab a full circle of the broken end loop, put a screwdriver through the other end, and you should be able to bend the loop about 90 degrees to make a new loop.  If you have to, then stretch the spring a little bit to give it more length, but it should be ok.
No reason to throw out a perfectly good spring....
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 05:04:52 PM »

i have that spring and just about any spring Bally used.
OldReno

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 06:02:58 PM »

Fox,
Thanks, that's good to know.
I didn't mean to step on your toes, and as long as parts are available, I will ALWAYS recommend supporting our own and will certainly try to promote our good vendors here. You guys are helping keep these machines running, and I honor that.
However, one O' these days, some stuff will be hard to get, and my thrust will always tend to learning how to make or remake our own replacements when that happens. I've done this with unavailable optics and other things, especially since they were hard to get.
Until then, of course, we have good folks such as yourself to make life much easier for us slot-nuts and slot weenies.
And I thank you.
Hope I haven't offended.
Craig
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 06:12:49 PM »

not at all.  it is good to stimulate people to think about options rather than just go out and buy.  Some day these parts will not be available - these machines will last alot longer than most of us - not bad for a consumer product nowadays - that we end up throwing away.   Keep on educating thats what this hobby needs.
OldReno

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 06:33:19 PM »

Fox, I hear you.
Those things will surely outlast most of us.
About the only thing I can think of that we can't rebuild/remake is the fiber gear on the clock assembly.
I could in theory make a new coil or solenoid, or do some metal work to build a linkage, heck, we could surely even make new hopper boards but that gear is way beyond me.
Perhaps someone with a CAD/CAM setup could make them out of good plastic, but I certainly don't have the patience or skill to take a blank and start fililng teeth into it.  I'd tear what's left of my hair out in short order.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.