Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:49:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  bally switches
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: bally switches  (Read 4652 times)
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 16

« on: July 22, 2010, 05:15:27 PM »

as lots of us have trouble with ballys due to the old switches thought i`d post a few photos of a bally i have just bought for repair and restore bust gut laughing
this is the one that was only indexing 1 reel at a time.
this machine was revamped in the 90`s when the switches were converted to more modern ones.
there are a few probs with this machine mainly on the change giving side which should be fun to sort out (hopefully)
but for those interested i have attached some (rather poor) photos of the switching

* PICT0307.JPG (280.92 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 269 times.)

* PICT0309.JPG (205.72 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 231 times.)
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 05:16:31 PM »

and

* PICT0310.JPG (306.02 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 219 times.)

* PICT0311.JPG (233.24 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 287 times.)
mike
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 03:54:11 PM »

hi mark i have a machine just like that inside part,can you tell us the other side swithes thanks
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 08:00:03 PM »

hi mike ,
           what you see is all there is the omron relay  replaces the coin relay and should do the coin accept  light as well but its not quite 100% if your uk based let me know and can give you my email
the photos show both sides of the reel mech
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 08:01:40 PM »

lol really should of read your profile first now i see you based in canada!!!!
mike
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 08:14:52 PM »

hey mark,that machine must be a later verision of mine,you have a relay instead of swithes or do they up date them when they repair them ,i would love to know how old mine is .i know i had it for 15 -20 years ,and still works not bad,i also have a old ballys console it aslo works good,the one i am talking about is the one in my profile/thanks
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 09:42:53 PM »

revamp is an understatement!!!  interesting approach but? 
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 02:55:59 PM »

there are some minor errors with the machine the guy i bought it from sent away for repairs but it came back worse than before
the machine was revamped in 1992 not quite sure of is original age have not spent much time on this one at the moment as have another on the go.
most british ballys are low denominations due to the gaming laws and most that come up on e bay have been altered in some way or another. 
spares are harder to come buy so people tend to buy 2 to make 1, unless foxslots starts exporting!!!!
this machine has some minor faults the change machine will give change but when you put a coin in to play  it will then give change again seems to not be resetting

there is a feature where for 10 p you get 5 plays but the coil has been snipped so not sure what the original problem was
till i reconnect it
im sure the payout board has been made by some one i know you can etch your own boards you buy the kits from rs also the 2 payout was worn looked to me it had been scratched out
but these ballys are fun and as ive said before the cost to buy  and there general value makes it hard to spend seriious money on them but will keep on at it still lots to learn!!!!
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 03:04:18 PM »

the omron relay has replaced the coin switch, the coin mech on the door has a jumper wire across it will post photos later
it works but the coin accept light does not work properly
the small neon lights on the coin mechs on the change giver were all blown who ever wired it had the common connected to the 50v circuit (not all yellows are common)
the last thing to sort is the jacpot bell the jakpot is a massive 75 coins (or £1.50)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.