Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:27:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally 1096 paying single coin at random
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 1096 paying single coin at random  (Read 4520 times)
coinop
« on: August 29, 2010, 04:53:46 PM »

Hello all, I just finished reinstalling all the components in my Bally 1096 (sngle line 5 coin). The machine came to me as "working" via a trusted source but in reality had multiple problems... dirty switches, misadjusted switches, a few shorts and a coin in coil issue. As a result I stripped the machine down to just the case and went over the game with a fine tooth comb. The machine is now playing close to 100% except for one issue. It pays a single coin at random. What stumps me is there is no 1 coin win for this machine and it does not show a win for a middle reel cherry (3 reel game). The smallest win on the pay glass on this right to left, left to right paying game is a single cherry on either the right or left reel (not the middle) for a 2 coin. Any advice is appreciated as always.
When I find a belly glass for this machine I'll post some pics of the game inside and out.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 08:09:52 PM »

I wonder if you are dropping an extra coin in while playing and the machine is just returning the extra coin.
I am only guessing it could be it, because if I drop 4 coins in my S+ (3 coin max) it returns it at the end of the spin before any wins are paid.
I am not sure if the EM's are set up to do the same.
I know its easy to drop an extra coin when you are playing.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 08:58:14 PM »

Foster, EMs don't do that. If an extra coin makes it into the machine it's lost to the customer. However, you can't force feed coins really fast with the mechanical coin acceptors the way that you can with the comparitors, so this doesn't happen very often.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
golflover
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 09:04:59 AM »

If you overfeed my EM, it holds the coin in the acceptor and lets it drop for credit after the handle resets and the reels stop spinning. Not sure if it is supposed to do this , but it always has. Scratch Head
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 11:01:43 AM »

sounds like a timing issue - with the C and COIN RELAY switches  on the reel mech - if the 1st reel stops before the Coin Relay switches reset then a circuit with the GREY wire feeds thru the reel wiper and makes a partial pay circuit which would cause the payout unit to activate for that split second - hence 1 coin. 
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 02:48:58 AM »

If you overfeed my EM, it holds the coin in the acceptor and lets it drop for credit after the handle resets and the reels stop spinning. Not sure if it is supposed to do this , but it always has. Scratch Head

I think that it's more of an incidental effect than a deliberate design, but I could be mistaken. That only happens when the coin happens to be dropping past the lockout tang at the instant that the coil de-energizes. The spring holds the lockout plate with enough strength to pin the coin in place. If you manage to drop the last coin just a bit faster it will end up in the hopper; just a bit slower and it will be deflected (rejected) and drop into the tray.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
golflover
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 09:21:40 AM »

Well as they say in life..timing is everything  yes lol.. It doesn;t get overfed too often so it isn't a major issue for my home use.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.