Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 01:36:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Any harm in using a Generic Sound card on a dedicated Game?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any harm in using a Generic Sound card on a dedicated Game?  (Read 3320 times)
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 62

« on: November 18, 2010, 06:53:57 PM »

I have a DSV 00026 coming, and was curious if I could swap it out for the dedicated DSV00051
thats in my BTP RWB.  I realize the "spoken (Big times pay bonus etc.) wouldnt be there, but I have grown to detest
legacy spin sounds...
Will it affect game play or bonus credits?   Or just lock up the whole thing with error msgs etc???  Scratch Head

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 10:22:26 PM »

Swapping a DSVxxxx with another DSVxxxx sometimes gives you
 a message on the VFD that says something to the effect of:

"You have the wrong card in the machine dummy!"

It's no problem and does no damage or anything.
I swap sound SIMMs all the time to see if I can find a nugget.

SIMM cards have as much effect on game play and bonus credits as
how much money I may have in my wallet....none.  Tongue Out
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 10:59:37 PM »

As long as it wont screw things up...I cant help tinkering around with the idea   idea light bulb   Spank

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 12:16:17 AM »

banghead   banghead   banghead   banghead

Well...scratch that idea...DSV 00026 shows to be incompatible device...guess I am stuck with lame ass Legacy reel sounds     Thumbs Down

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 12:31:02 AM »

I threw a dsv00042 in it and the only custom sounds that the game pulled off of the SIMM was the rollup sounds.  Other than that, it was a waste.  Btp's love their dsv00051's.

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 12:37:36 AM »

bomb Yup...I fail to understand why IGT kept using those legacy sounds..they really suck! hissy fit

By the way Jason...after hundreds of spins, I have had only two really nice hits, one was for $1600.00 @ 2.00 a credit..but...
I have still not had a single "double" bonus hit on anything...quite a change from all the action I had on the Super Spin 7's   Scratch Head 3

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 02:09:21 AM »

bomb Yup...I fail to understand why IGT kept using those legacy sounds..they really suck! hissy fit

By the way Jason...after hundreds of spins, I have had only two really nice hits, one was for $1600.00 @ 2.00 a credit..but...
I have still not had a single "double" bonus hit on anything...quite a change from all the action I had on the Super Spin 7's   Scratch Head 3

Why do youThink their called No Times Pay ????????????   

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 02:33:40 AM »

I had a few biggies...I wanted to hear "With two big times pay symbos, it's a BIG 100 times pay!!!"  It'll happen!

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.